• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Quesa

I love the fact that every hero is represented by some nice art or looking nice in an in-game shot but Pugna only gets a shitty picture from the selection menu.

I had to use official art for each hero, which meant no fan art (copyright issues). Pugna doesn't have a lot of nice official art. I would have used a loading screen from a recent set, but I couldn't find any of those!

is tehices number 1

You'll have to read to find out! #content

Sand King will never leave Tier 4 with a channeling ult before it does anything. Especially in this meta of AOE and one of the trashies skills in the game.

Sad truth, but I've accepted it.
sad.gif

M.D

can't figure out if unknown is actually good or dc is that shit of a team

they have talent but it's not working out at all..

Auteezy

Banned
can't figure out if unknown is actually good or dc is that shit of a team

they have talent but it's not working out at all..

I played probably ~10 or so NEL games with Kotaro/MNZ/ [ ] or whatever he calls himself in these games but he switches between mid and safelane for them and he is quite good. More fun to play with than Yawar for sure. TC was not only good but also really helpful in NEL games giving pointers/tips but not in a condescending or combative way just a really nice dude. Kotaro was hilarious though he would go dagon rush tiny mid and goofy shit and own. Yawar was a bit of a ragey tiltmaster. Unknown is legit.

Madouu

I mean you don't make it through two majors open qualifiers without being "legit".

I know it's trendy to shit on teams that are in the 50-100 top teams bracket but these guys still play some high quality dota.

shira

I mean you don't make it through two majors open qualifiers without being "legit".

I know it's trendy to shit on teams that are in the 50-100 top teams bracket but these guys still play some high quality dota.
Those finals were all lagfests against NA teams. Now they have to play on 0 ping, 27" 144hz benqs with thousands of fans. Chinese and Euro teams

If they win top 10 in Frankfurt they are legit, if not then they are just top SA

Madouu

If legit is top 10 in the world for you then sure. Let me tell you though that I find a view that sees only 50 players in the world as barely legit dota players to be quite wrong.

going to japan in november
time to anime

also it's cheaper to drive to austin, fly to houston then tokyo than it is to fly from houston to tokyo directly

thanks united

Auteezy

Banned

im saying they are legit as in DC is good, but unknown is better. Rather than saying DC is just bad

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like this patch. I've been playing more recently than I have in years. I think i slept through 6.84 and 6.83.

gai_shain

wait what, why? I have had my best moments as a support this patch, feels like in the most balanced state the game has ever been.

every game I play ends up being 4/5 people starting to go together once a few people hit lvl6 and not ever stopping until the game ends.
Thats just no fun for me.

Well one thing is for sure, Unknown has proven themselves to be legit, at throwing games.
laugh.gif

Almost as a big of a throw as that Alliance mega creep comeback.

every game I play ends up being 4/5 people starting to go together once a few people hit lvl6 and not ever stopping until the game ends.
Thats just no fun for me.

This is exactly where I am and what I would have said verbatim. something about the "let's group and occupy at 8 minutes" combined with these extremely obnoxious, heavy pressure offlane heroes (Tusk, Undying, Spirit Breaker flying everywhere, Doom just walking up with scorched earth now, Pudge support, ES kicking rocks everywhere, etc etc)....it's just tiring. Exhausting, really. And I don't play the game to be tired and exhausted 10 minutes into a match. If I wanted that feeling, I would have stayed at work instead of coming home. In one of my recent games there was something on the order of 40 kills in 15 minutes.

It's just not enjoyable to me at all. I certainly don't begrudge anyone who's enjoying the patch. But me? I've never had less fun with Dota 2. If not for the IHL and some good friends, I probably wouldn't be playing Dota 2 at all right now.

tldr:

uWKXfeF.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't been impressed with the way this patch plays. Mid players seem to be okay with it, but ugh

no doubt. mid is the lane least affected by this stuff safe lane though? stress city.

I like this patch. I've been playing more recently than I have in years. I think i slept through 6.84 and 6.83.

I'm having fun too but at the same time by 2 favorite heros are the worst in the game so its hard to feel enthusiastic

what I'm saying is im salty

Madouu

im saying they are legit as in DC is good, but unknown is better. Rather than saying DC is just bad

I got you don't worry, I wasn't reacting to your post. I think Americas is EG > C9 > Unknown > DC with EW, root, coL, demon's team and even leviathan and void boys chasing but they're not too far off each other except for EG obviously.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I do wonder how Unknown will do once other teams start drafting against them better. Them being an unknown team gives them an advantage since other teams won't have much info on their drafting and play styles.

aeolist

Banned
Well one thing is for sure, Unknown has proven themselves to be legit, at throwing games.
laugh.gif

Almost as a big of a throw as that Alliance mega creep comeback.

the nip game wasn't so much of a throw though, alliance just baited and outplayed them at the very end.

unknown took a sure win and chucked it out the window. that was throw city.

Top Bottom