• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I think this has been the worst day of travel we have ever had. Connecting in the US is a nightmare.

oh god I can only imagine T__T

BTW I think I need to go to GemTD's Anonymous. Geesus this game is addictive
anuxi_shag.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think this has been the worst day of travel we have ever had. Connecting in the US is a nightmare.

Do you end up with really long, or really short layover? I personally like to try and get something that is about 90 minutes to 2 hours. Lets me have time to get a nice meal, find the terminal, and relax a bit.

Or is there something else that makes it a hassle?

Do you end up with really long, or really short layover? I personally like to try and get something that is about 90 minutes to 2 hours. Lets me have time to get a nice meal, find the terminal, and relax a bit.

Or is there something else that makes it a hassle?
Well pretty much anything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Missed connections, lost luggage, standby flights, players stuck in another state until tomorrow. You know the usual.

every game I play ends up being 4/5 people starting to go together once a few people hit lvl6 and not ever stopping until the game ends.
Thats just no fun for me.

So what you are saying is that you don't like teamwork in the game?

That's and odd thing to complain about on team based game. Do you really prefer anti-mage solo pushing everything?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So what you are saying is that you don't like teamwork in the game?

That's and odd thing to complain about on team based game. Do you really prefer anti-mage solo pushing everything?

it's not PROPER teamwork when ur just mashing your spells and clicking places on the screen imo

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well pretty much anything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Missed connections, lost luggage, standby flights, players stuck in another state until tomorrow. You know the usual.

Did you guys not just stay in the US after ESL? Or did you not have the time to do some impromptu american boot camp?

Chris R

I've never had an issue with connecting flights.

Now that I've said that Delta is going to fuck something up and I'll get stuck in Minnesota next Friday instead of making it to Austin :( First time flying with them and the fact that I had to reserve the flight over the phone since their website would not work fills me with dread.

I've never had an issue with connecting flights.

Now that I've said that Delta is going to fuck something up and I'll get stuck in Minnesota next Friday instead of making it to Austin :( First time flying with them and the fact that I had to reserve the flight over the phone since their website would not work fills me with dread.

girl that's nbd come get some beers with moblin I'll treat u RIGHT

either you're being intentionally obtuse or just don't understand what he's saying at all. I'd like to assume it's the later.

Perhaps, I assumed he meant people grouping up to take objectives just like you usually do, from my experience that's almost always the case, people only five man man when needed, otherwise they are doing their own thing, nothing close to what occurred during Sniper and Troll bloom, where you could just stood and watch as they rolled over like a train over your base.

Love it when the game rests on our carry LC who builds mana boots and loses every duel. Then turns around and accuses us of piling onto him because we just want something to blame. LOVE IT. Also accuses me of picking Oracle who's supposedly a terrible hero hence the low winrate(I had the most kills).

What's that? And more importantly is it any good?

Not sure which you're asking about.

Dead Dead Demon's De De De De Destruction is the full title of the most reason story. It's a slice of life/scifi manga about a group of high school-age girls. Like most of his writing, it's crazy cynical but also really clever and insightful. I really love it.

Oyasumi Punpun has a wikipedia page on the off chance that's what you were asking for details on. It's quite good.

Qvoth

Not sure which you're asking about.

Dead Dead Demon's De De De De Destruction is the full title of the most reason story. It's a slice of life/scifi manga about a group of high school-age girls. Like most of his writing, it's crazy cynical but also really clever and insightful. I really love it.

Oyasumi Punpun has a wikipedia page on the off chance that's what you were asking for details on. It's quite good.
Oyasumi punpun is too philosophical? Metaphorical? Don't even know how to describe it
Dededededede is easier to understand about what's going on, so I'm liking it more

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oyasumi Pun Pun is existential young adult angst/psycho-thriller.

Dead Dead Demon is about 17 year old girls playing CS:GO and living in a Japan occupied by alien saucers.

Hylian7

So, Ember Spirit. Is that hero even viable mid anymore or is he just a safelaner now?

I've never quite had a grasp on the hero in general. I just feel too useless without items, and then if I need things like BKB that really puts a damper on getting my real items (Battle Fury and Daedalus). I don't feel like I can rotate and really have much impact unless it's just picking up low health heroes for kills.

The_Poet

Banned
So, Ember Spirit. Is that hero even viable mid anymore or is he just a safelaner now?

I've never quite had a grasp on the hero in general. I just feel too useless without items, and then if I need things like BKB that really puts a damper on getting my real items (Battle Fury and Daedalus). I don't feel like I can rotate and really have much impact unless it's just picking up low health heroes for kills.

phase, drums and a bottle are all you need early/mid game

His flame shield does crazy amounts of damage and his shackle is great for setting up kills. You don't need any points in sleight of fist until you get items.

kionedrik

He's the melee equivalent of SF. He needs levels so putting him in the safe lane really hampers his progression. You shouldn't be fighting with him, at least not until you maxed all your skills @ 13 (leave remnant at 1), so just focus in farming and split pushing. I also think bf rush is a mistake, get a stat item (like drums) early. And even fighting is easy with him, just sleight of fist and chains in the middle of the crowd.

Usually i tend to go PMS > Bottle > Boots of choice (usually Phase but there are proponents of treads) > Drums > BF
After this just get whatever you need at the time.

Oyasumi punpun is too philosophical? Metaphorical? Don't even know how to describe it
Dededededede is easier to understand about what's going on, so I'm liking it more

Oyasumi Pun Pun is existential young adult angst/psycho-thriller.

Dead Dead Demon is about 17 year old girls playing CS:GO and living in a Japan occupied by alien saucers.
I'm kind of surprised you guys feel this way. I'd say it's almost entirely the opposite. Punpun feels very literal to me. There're metaphors and there's a lot of questioning about life and existentialism, but it's rarely a brand of such things that's terribly obscure. Well, at least not yet. I'm on about chapter 70.

Dead Dead, on the other hand, reminds me of pretentious artsy literature except for nerds. Every page has weird references and commentary on modern culture, and a lot of it is pretty dense, in an odd sort of way.

That said.... Holy shit punpun is depressing. Too many things have hit close to home. I've read manga that gets me even worse, but this definitely isn't cheery light pulp.

Top Bottom