• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

inkls

Alfredo
Kreygasm.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alliance regularly running Lone Druid for Bulldog would actually be my dream come true. I hope they find it viable.

Severance

Every time I look at the new city chat rooms people are trying to find or sell drugs. Weed, crack, coke.. I've seen it all. Then again this is the Hartford, CT chat, so it's not surprising. Watch, a year or so from now Dota is going to get shutdown by the feds for supporting terrorism.

Russ T

Banned
Every time I look at the new city chat rooms people are trying to find or sell drugs. Weed, crack, coke.. I've seen it all. Then again this is the Hartford, CT chat, so it's not surprising. Watch, a year or so from now Dota is going to get shutdown by the feds for supporting terrorism.

dallas is just a bunch of people shouting homophobic epithets at each other

i just unchecked the option to auto-join regional chat

This weekend mine was just shit talking the pope

G.ZZZ

My local chat (pisa) is literally:

- PISA is SHIT (x10)
- guys someone wanna go smoke tonight? let's meet at Cavalieri Plaza i got some good one
- FUCK LIVORNO (pisa neighbor city x10)
- FUCK FIRENZE

I'm delighted to see that we're still assholes to our neighbor city for actually no reason, make me feel better thinking of all this white on white racism.

Vade

My local chat (pisa) is literally:

- PISA is SHIT (x10)
- guys someone wanna go smoke tonight? let's meet at Cavalieri Plaza i got some good one
- FUCK LIVORNO (pisa neighbor city x10)
- FUCK FIRENZE

I'm delighted to see that we're still assholes to our neighbor city for actually no reason, make me feel better thinking of all this white on white racism.

GZZZZZzZ

Is it true all Italians hate all other Italians?

G.ZZZ

GZZZZZzZ

Is it true all Italians hate all other Italians?

Yeah, pretty much. The south hate the north because they say they were better when they were a separate kingdom and the north just used them and made them poor (this was mostly during the fascist period, where Mussolini basically killed all southern industries and wanted them to be grain producers for the north). The north hate the south because like 80% of northern local taxes go to the south to balance the regional state spending (italy has 21 regions, and spend in total about 1500 millions euros an year for regionals expenditures; of those 1500 millions, 500 millions are used by a single southern region, sicily, and 300 by another southern region, campania, basically half the national budget is used by 2 southern regions). In my region (tuscany) local cities were basically indipendent states for the longest time, and then we were all conquered by Firenze, so everyone in Tuscany say that people from Firenze are bui ( dialect for "asshole" but with a omosexuality implication too).
Everyone from Tuscany also hate Pisa because apparently the tax collectors for the Granduchy were all from here, and thus the popular saying "better to have a corpse in your home that someone from Pisa outside your door".

A lot of it is in jest, but you'll never know how much.

Thanks for the read. I played two games with Spectre last night. Both were one sided stomps, just in different directions. Maxing out dispersion over dagger is interesting. I think I might try it. A couple of questions

1- Author in the article promotes vanguard. Is that better than treads aquila?
2- On my first game, I had an ok laning phase (40CS @8 min) but eventually our team lost map control handedly and so there wasn't any farm to be had (I think I had like 60 CS by 20 min). How should I build if things are going to shit with Spectre (I had treads and aquila already) - do I just go drums and yasha?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah, pretty much. The south hate the north because they say they were better when they were a separate kingdom and the north just used them and made them poor (this was mostly during the fascist period, where Mussolini basically killed all southern industries and wanted them to be grain producers for the north). The north hate the south because like 80% of northern local taxes go to the south to balance the regional state spending (italy has 21 regions, and spend in total about 1500 millions euros an year for regionals expenditures; of those 1500 millions, 500 millions are used by a single southern region, sicily, and 300 by another southern region, campania, basically half the national budget is used by 2 southern regions). In my region (tuscany) local cities were basically indipendent states for the longest time, and then we were all conquered by Firenze, so everyone in Tuscany say that people from Firenze are bui ( dialect for "asshole" but with a omosexuality implication too).
Everyone from Tuscany also hate Pisa because apparently the tax collectors for the Granduchy were all from here, and thus the popular saying "better to have a corpse in your home that someone from Pisa outside your door".

A lot of it is in jest, but you'll never know how much.

What's ur opinion on Sicilians?

M.D

rough times for Alliance and Navi, when they don't qualify for any LANs or Major what are they gonna do

I thought the winner of this match qualifies for Nanyang, or at least stays in and has a chance to qualify? WTF is Loda doing playing around like this in this type of match?

KingKong

I thought the winner of this match qualifies for Nanyang, or at least stays in and has a chance to qualify? WTF is Loda doing playing around like this in this type of match?

winner plays Monkey business and then winner of that plays 5jungs for the spot

shira

His waifu is in Singapore, he's prolly going there anyway

It's not done for two reasons:

1) It's hard to quantify in a way that's useful or legible. DOTA isn't deterministic enough like Chess where you can possibly measure "Player <x> makes <y> opening <z> percent of the time".

2) States make the atmosphere even worse. It's true. HoN used to keep track of a lot of things like win rate, KDA and GPM right there baked into the UI and it was awful. Stat padding was rampant in that game and no lobby was free from KDA dickwaving. It basically adds another MMR-like number to worry over because it'll affect your perceived value to the team. It's true that a lot of these things are available on stat sites like Yasp and DotaBuff but in practice, the added work of tabbing out to look someone up is enough of a deterrence so that it isn't the norm, like it becomes when user stats are accessible from the UI.

Privately visible stats would circumvent a lot of the potential problems but it's not exactly what you had in mind, is it?

Hope this helps.

Hmm, I hadn't really considered stat padding as a factor. Seems like a very roundabout thing to do in a long-form game like DOTA2, but I'll have a think about it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hmm, I hadn't really considered stat padding as a factor. Seems like a very roundabout thing to do in a long-form game like DOTA2, but I'll have a think about it.

You know how sometimes a dick team will camp you in the fountain? Now imagine if they could make a public profile number go up by doing it.

DrPizza

Banned
wow, so you're saying that a farmed tiny makes short work of ancient creeps????

If this were football, that kind of play would probably result in some kind of betting pattern investigation. Tiny and Lifestealer got drums at about the same time (though Tiny had treads to Lifestealer's brown boots). He was only slightly behind. And then he drove around in a dinosaur while Tiny got 100 last hits, an Aghs, and an AC. He did literally nothing.

Shinypogs

Alliance why do you hurt me like this? At least we got that nice Dark Seer and Nightstalker game against NIP out of this whole adventure.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope drug sellers adopt DOTA terminology to name their products.

Top Bottom