• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

I wonder what the brand will do with Dendi. He is by far the most bankable player in the scene and it would stand to reason that if he wants to play they would want to keep him and build a new team around him.

I wonder what the brand will do with Dendi. He is by far the most bankable player in the scene and it would stand to reason that if he wants to play they would want to keep him and build a new team around him.
I don't think they'll want to if Dendi wants to keep playing with Xboct, they obviously don't think his brand is worth keeping Xboct around.

Dendi is 26. He's done.
Money is still money and he can still make plenty in Dota. In fact now is probably the worst time to quit because the money is only getting bigger and more consistent. He can sustain a very comfortable lifestyle just off winnings with a decent roster, never mind the endorsement and sponsorship money. Unless he's burned out, he should play until the checks stop coming in.

I don't think they'll want to if Dendi wants to keep playing with Xboct, they obviously don't think his brand is worth keeping Xboct around.
Oh no doubt about that. Xbox needs to go.

Dendi gonna annouce his retirement within 14 days. The fact that there's money in the game is irrelevant. He ain't good enough to earn it. He's like Manchester United's Wayne Rooney. Living off past achievements and being way over the hill and not admitting it.

The subreddit apparently thinks it's god now, first requesting an AMA from SingSing and now Dendi.

Guess what, people who aren't having the best time in their lives right now probably don't want to talk about it with a bunch of people looking for drama.
Dendi gonna annouce his retirement within 14 days. The fact that there's money in the game is irrelevant. He ain't good enough to earn it. He's like Manchester United's Wayne Rooney. Living off past achievements and being way over the hill and not admitting it.

rofl

Okay, let's just assume that he's "not good enough", why the hell would he retire if he's still wanted? How often do you see highly demanded players just quit? Has Wayne Rooney announced his retirement? Any other old soccer players that are riding the bench but still earning a pretty penny? Don't think so.

All that is ignoring the fact that Dendi probably still really enjoys playing Dota, so even if he sucked he wouldn't retire.

Okay, let's just assume that he's "not good enough",
Might as well remove the quotation marks, eh? Dude hasn't delivered in forever.

why the hell would he retire if he's still wanted? How often do you see highly demanded players just quit? Has Wayne Rooney announced his retirement? Any other old soccer players that are riding the bench but still earning a pretty penny? Don't think so.

All that is ignoring the fact that Dendi probably still really enjoys playing Dota, so even if he sucked he wouldn't retire.
Which top ~20 team could potentially pick him up? Or is he gonna create his own stack with Xboct possibly? Good luck with that. His career is over. And so is Xboct's.

lol you are so full of yourself, he is good enough and he will do great provided the right team is there.

He is not worse than S4 and he got back into a team just fine.

kionedrik

ANY team would be happy to have Dendi

He is still a great player and possibly the most well know face of the game.

Even if his skills weren't that good, any team's PR department would be over the moon if he joined their team.

Dendi isn't going anywhere.
He might not get a team right away since the rosters are closed for now but after the Major I'm sure he'll land somewhere big.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
video games in canada are so expensive

i wanted that nathan drake collection

but its $74.99

thanks harper

Thats $58 USD, practically a discount
troll.gif

aeolist

Banned
:(

I actually thought that at TI5 they were on the cusp of finding a team balance that would work well.

it would have required ditching xboct and probably funnik which dendi didn't want, and shuffling so many supports through the team probably got harder every time they had to do it. nobody wanted to join that team and the people who needed to leave wouldn't, it was better for them to just clean house.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm kind of surprised you guys feel this way. I'd say it's almost entirely the opposite. Punpun feels very literal to me. There're metaphors and there's a lot of questioning about life and existentialism, but it's rarely a brand of such things that's terribly obscure. Well, at least not yet. I'm on about chapter 70.

You'll learn, NormalFish, everyone does.

Quesa

For gold you dweebs. Sparing these magick guys gives me money and I have no healing items and no way am I gonna get through more of this game's shmup bosses with 20hp

Qvoth

just heard navi's disband, goddamn truly end of an era
sonneiko i think shouldn't have a problem finding another team, the rest though..

Red UFO

I am in agreement that Dendi is pretty much done. He's just old hat at this point. And believe me, I am very sad to say that.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Wow i can't believe Navi is gone with xboct and dendi, damn end of an era. I haven't following pro Dota 2 in awhile but i hear they were doing pretty badly, like joke level bad...i guess it was true...
tears.gif

Top Bottom