• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Smithy C

Why won't my Dota update? It tells me my game client is out of date but just won't bloody update itself. Verified game cache and everything...

Twookie

Why won't my Dota update? It tells me my game client is out of date but just won't bloody update itself. Verified game cache and everything...

apparently it's a bug, as valve is adding native russian and have added some entries, but there is no update for it yet. just click okay and you'll be fine

read more here

it just doesn't feel the same without the twitch chat

yeah... Quality was a lot better on twitch too

Yeah, I know the struggle. If you aren't careful you can wind up stuck with tier 1 skills most of the game.
dac15_sad.gif

oh i better keep that in mind. fire breath with fire boost still doing wonders so far

Hylian7

oh i better keep that in mind. fire breath with fire boost still doing wonders so far

Yeah, breath skills aren't bad, especially vs single targets with elemental weaknesses. Even if you still have tier 1 skills when you should have tier 2 skills though, you still get extra Press Turns out exploiting weaknesses with them. Just make sure that once you start seeing them, you try to get Agilao/Bufula/Zionga/Zanma on most of your demons instead of the tier 1 skills.

Also don't ignore buff/debuff spells! You probably already figured this out from Matador and the like, but many bosses are impossible without them.

Edit: Why can't I update my game? I've tried restarting Steam and every time it just says there's an update required when I start the game.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This is brilliant.
JTqQRTE

this is literally what queueing with steve win wood is like btw

he will pick like radiance octarine treant and then steal literally all the farm on the map and you are just trapped there on steve win wood's wild ride

Baha

"Why won't my game update?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3p0868/client_out_of_date_wont_update/cw1z9qt

It's a bug.
They're adding native support for Russian on the Source 2 client so they added some depots entries related to that.
But that is detected as a patch and is asking for you to update but there technically isn't any patch - unless you have those depots - which no one has right now.
Workaround: Just close it and play. Won't / Shouldn't make any difference technically.

Also I hope MLG doesn't get to host a major, 30 mins behind schedule already
cBj1LTf.png
throwgame.gif

Ultrabum

this is literally what queueing with steve win wood is like btw

he will pick like radiance octarine treant and then steal literally all the farm on the map and you are just trapped there on steve win wood's wild ride

Somehow it is still better than being on twobear's team.... somehow....

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know why you guys care about MLG when WORLDS is on.

Been away for close to a week.
Come back to NaVi disbond, Dota2 out of date bug so I decide to watch a match and MLG happens.
gg

did enjoy searching for the Polina clip though

Twookie

I don't know why you guys care about MLG when WORLDS is on.

I don't really find lol entertaining to watch or play anymore, but I guess I'll just watch that since MLG isn't showing anything....
Good thing Valve is handling the majors. Just think if MLG had one

well, it's ESL that's handeling the majors, which has had quite a few interesting issues from time to time, but ESL sure is better than MLG

KingKong

the worst part about delays is that all these tournaments insist on still wasting time with 15 minutes of pointless pregame talk

This means no more 4 people stacks? About damn time valve.
happytears.gif

Crazy with how much confidence they dived into that, they barely got any scratch from that, and on top of that Sumail returned mid just to casually finish off the Alchemist.

Top Bottom