• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

shira

am I good enough gaf?

d4aa6b95ac.png

probably not
Assuming you played 1 hour/game wins @+25 mmr a pop you would need to win games for 9 straight days to be 8k mmr or you could lose games for 4 straight days and be on my level
So tomorrow we'll have:

Team Secret vs Monkey Business
Evil Geniuses vs CDEC
El classico

when you're 8 game winning streak gets ruined by a 2-11 terror blade

Assuming you played 1 hour/game wins @+25 mmr a pop you would need to win games for 9 straight days to be 8k mmr or you could lose games for 4 straight days and be on my level

Thats some good math

As a neutral third party, I think this part

it seems like 90% of the games I lose now when party queueing (almost never happens in solo to me), we lose because we just lose all map control in 10-15 minutes. I don't know why the first reaction people have when this happens is to panic and play what I like to call "headless chicken dota".

could lead someone to interpret the post as meaning you're dissing the people who party with you since you say you never lose that way solo, thereby implying that it's a problem with everyone else but you.

iamblades

Shadow fiend's popularity isn't an issue for me because he's boring, it's because I think the pros overvalue him because he is fun to play and has lots of potential for outplaying your lane matchup. None of that makes him great at actually winning dota games though. SF during TI5 was just an embarassment.

He is very much a 'stomp your lane and win every midgame teamfight and snowball to victory' or 'get farm but lose late game' hero. I don't think he does much to win close games, and I don't think he can carry games where the side lanes lose no matter how farmed he gets. It is really frustrating to see SFs continually farm all the map, dominate the mid game, but not be able to seal the deal and lose a slow war of attrition. It doesn't really matter what you build, if the enemy avoids team fights and just takes trades, you can't win the game with an SF.

Hylian7

As a neutral third party, I think this part

could lead someone to interpret the post as meaning you're dissing the people who party with you since you say you never lose that way solo, thereby implying that it's a problem with everyone else but you.

Not exactly what I meant. I make mistakes, yeah, I admit that.

Sometimes games have bad starts. I've played plenty of games where we had a bad start (10-0 by 8 minutes for instance) and still recovered. A ton of games are recoverable.

It's frustrating to see my team basically run around like chickens with their heads chopped off when a game starts poorly. I'm not saying they are bad, they might be uneducated on some aspects of Dota. Often they don't listen to what they should do, or repeat the same mistakes over and over again, making us lose the game even further. Sometimes it's people in my party, sometimes it's randoms. This happens in solo queue sometimes too, but not very often. I would chock that up to the parties I queue in being significantly lower MMR than my solo MMR.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I may have lost last game, but I did make Doom doom him self, which was nice. I also got a track kill on bounty hunter.

Low Tier
honestly its like hylian just chooses to block out the fact that he's basicaly the sole reason his ihl team lost game after game after game.

or that even with all that imba hero abusing he can barely crack 4k

or that he gets banned more often than any other thread regular except maybe shuggs b/c of his emotional outbursts

but he is our guiding light and dota fountain of knowledge

happy.gif

I finished punpun. I stand by my initial statements on it, but the last couple volumes are definitely more frantic and difficult to follow. Lots of metaphors, but most of them were pretty cut n' dry. I think I'll read around at some interpretations to see if there's anything i missed, and then I'll move on to another Asano manga.

Other stuff:

The way he ties everything together in such a fantastic loop is pretty impressive. Not only is it very wholistic, but it's simply impressive to do that from a writing perspective. He either had a very all-inclusive plan for the story, or he's a genius. Maybe a bit of both.

The ending is surprisingly positive. Honestly the whole final arch (if you can really call it that) seemed oddly uplifting. It was a nice contrast to the inky depression of the middle volumes.

Sachi's cool.

H13

Can anyone tell me
HOW the MLG format works?
why does Monkey Business does not fight against LGD?
or CDEC vs MVP Phoenix?
Or did i missed them?
spectre-what.gif

Mohasus

Can anyone tell me
HOW the MLG format works?
why does Monkey Business does not fight against LGD?
or CDEC vs MVP Phoenix?
Or did i missed them?
spectre-what.gif

What's the point if monkey business had the first spot guaranteed and lgd had no chance anymore?

What the hell is with this SF hate

Nothing is more satisfying than instakilling someone with requiem. Also you can build him in a hundred different ways, not sure how that's uninteresting. ALSO his swagger walk.

Fevaweva

Monkey Business verses Team Secret today?

Fuck that is going to be a good game. Two 8k players verses one another in mid. LAWD.

Top Bottom