• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Spookie

I knew I should have put that bet against Secret last night, fucking Dota2Lounge is still a horrible piece of shit and never works though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I had one of my team mates rage, sell all his items, and we still almost won. I do feel the lost was partially my fault, since I directed the team to just go for the throne instead playing it safe and killing the extra set of Rax we could. I bet if SF didn't sell everything we could have had enough DPS to finish. That, and if I didn't Dieback during the push, I got instagibbed by Ursa before getting a single spell off. And if Axe didn't DC for 7 minutes. Oh well, was a memorable game. To bad I lost points.

Also, I finished all the episodes of Food Wars. When will there be more?

Smithy C

Man, this coin chest where you receive duplicates without getting all of them is a total bummer. How did we put up with this when all chests gave duplicates?

Man, this coin chest where you receive duplicates without getting all of them is a total bummer. How did we put up with this when all chests gave duplicates?

Well, back when chests gave duplicates everything was tradeable on day 1. So it was still technically possible to get all the items when buying a set amount of chests if you were willing to do some trading. You could also get the one set you were looking for by only buying a single chest if you were willing to trade.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
http://i.imgur.com/dkB8xCU.jpg

This was about 5-10 minutes before our CDEC game.
1x

They also removed a bunch of seats from the back so it was even worse day one.

WTF thats depressing. Do you know if the other game stages have more crowds? Is it a similar attendance throughout the venue? Or is the smash and cod crowds where all the viewership is?

M.D

wait so if monkey or cdec lose their series today they are out? rofl what a dumb fucking format

congrats on winning all your previous games, now get the fuck out!

KOTLguy is great, it's good that he's taking over zyori as main host guy, I really can't stand nahaz though, it's best he stayed as "twitter stats guy" rather than a full blown analyst when it's clear he doesn't really know what he's talking about and is clinging to his stats way too much.

G.ZZZ

ok this is gonna be a tl;dr

List of reasons why SF is boring/annoying to me personally
– Edge lord design, like if shadow the hedgehog designed an OC demon
– Even edgier lore: the demon all others fear (other than TB) that devours & collects souls
– Every ability is damage. Dishes out magic + physical damage like no tomorrow, also making him recover a bit too easily.
– Ability to recover farm, push easily, dominate lane, has made him old reliable and draft filler. Nobody bothers to ban him because hes not horribly OP.
– Shadowblade ults get boring fast.
– Babby's first mid. Ability which encourages last hits & denies + a skill shot to learn. Thus in scrub pub games with shadow fiend you get a stereotypical obnoxious mid player often playing him who thinks they are the shit cause they can hit razes and deny.
– That fucking "Outplayed" line
– Shadowfiend not going up high ground is something you suffer in pubs & and professional games.
– Has been super relevant in the meta for over a year. Thats enough to get sick of any hero.

Things I like about SF
– The little ground drag thing he does, especially with the deso arms which leave the claw marks
– His taunt is great, especially when it baffles casters
– His lines in demonic which interact with other demons, they are nice lore & fluff.
– The fact he fucked up shadow demons evil plans by pretty much having a bad lunch.
– The nice detail that his ult reduces enemy damage, very nice touch on a hero which every aspect is capslock "I DO THE DAMAGE"
– The arcana is ok.

You're right better have bottlecrowing heroes that spam shockwaves to farm EleGiggle 4Head KappaPride

M.D

srsly wtf is wrong with the reborn menu? literally anything i press takes 10-15 seconds to load and freezes up the entire client, if i look at enemy portraits every single one freezes up the client as well

maybe its the latest nvidia drivers?

Blitzhex

Frame limiting the 64 bit reborn client at 60 fps with RTSS/Afterburner is giving me a 30 fps lock ingame and if I frame limit at 120 fps in RTSS it gives me a 60 fps lock ingame. Happens in fullscreen or borderless windowed and with vsync on or off.
Anyone else getting this? I'm trying to avoid the ingame fps limiter.

Elitro

SF isn't particularly fun to watch, but he's a very fun hero to play. Hitting razes feels great and euls + ult combo is just
smile.gif

That MLG audience
dac15_sad.gif
misc-frog.gif

Welcome back to Print Screens Dota Math Minute!

Dazzle spams his lvl 3 ult on his team 24/7. Dazzle's team gains an average of 9.0 armor for a cost of 2.5 mana/sec.
Sven spams his lvl 4 warcry on his team 24/7. Sven's team gains an average of 11.4 armor for a cost of 1.8 mana/sec.

Age of support Sven incoming
sven-ult.gif

SoBayed.png

warcry also gives a 12% movespeed bonus
warcry has a larger radius (900 vs 575)
sven doesn't need to be level 16
sven doesn't waste his ultimate slot

SoonerLater.png

dazzle ulti gives vision, its 575 radius is great
its good from lvl11
dazzle has shallow grave and a heal that he can use more than once in lane without running out of mana
dazzle is ranged

#carrysvenonly

All kidding aside, I'm kinda curious about the potential of support sven. Has anyone ever seen a sven buy aghs? A +100% base damage buff to your cores sounds like it would be worth experimenting with.

1. Pick sven along cores with high base damage (tiny (growth is base damage)) or high attribute-based damage (drow, morph, PA).
2. Roam with stun, max stun and warcry.
3. Buy mana boots/soul ring > (midas?) > aghs.
4. Win???

G.ZZZ

All kidding aside, I'm kinda curious about the potential of support sven. Has anyone ever seen a sven buy aghs? A +100% base damage buff to your cores sounds like it would be worth experimenting with.

1. Pick sven along cores with high base damage (most notably tiny due to growth) or high attribute-based damage (drow, morph, PA).

2. Roam with stun, get mana boots/soul ring > (midas?) > aghs.

3. Lose ???

Fixed for truth. Sven has terrible movespeed, his level 1 stun is worse than skelly because AoE don't matter early on and more mana issues. He was actually used a support ages ago because storm bolt was super good but the game was so different i don't remember if that was actually good or just ppl being bad. Also his armor was an aura passive so i guess he had less mana problems and was used as tanky aura grill with stun.

You used to not be able to disjoint the stun so that really helped against heroes with big mobility options.

I think he might work better with some minions into someone doing a necro strat. Arcanes vlads and push with that?

why was esl one a shitshow?

the venue wasnt that great, event ran behind schedule, the finals were changed from bo5 to bo3, the afterparty was apparently a joke (i wasnt there for it)

what really pissed me off was buying a premium ticket and it ended up being a complete waste of money.

aeolist

Banned
the fuck is going on at this tournament, every single game is a stomp -> throw -> comeback with the occasional counter-throw on top

MLG's been on a downslide for like 5 years now

I mean, it's good on them to keep trying and it's never a bad thing for games to get events, but it's been obvious for a couple of years now that developer-sponsored leagues and events are going to be the future, and not whatever NFL-lite idea MLG was built around. Having worse production than a BTS or GD studio stream isn't helping either, though.

Top Bottom