• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

iamblades

The groups were uneven to begin with two of the worst teams by quite a margin being in group B, and secret got to play MVP as their first series as well as the series that kept kept them alive and sent them to the semi-finals.

I'm also not sure how you can judge secret being the weaker team than current EG

Anyone saying they feel confident judging team strengths and weaknesses off of a handful of BO3s on the current patch is overestimating their analytical capabilities.

We have such a small sample size on all of these teams that it's impossible to tell who is really strong as of yet.

Wok

I am playing from another place where my ping is 70 ms and I dominate (most of) my high skill games now. It is like in Dragon Ball when Piccolo trains with weights attached to him so that he can get even better when he removes the weights.

NB: My usual ping is 500 ms and occasionally spikes to 2 seconds.

MMR is still 2.7K because I am only playing unranked. Teammates are 3.4K to 4K though.

JoeInky

Finally get back into 3k mmr and I go on a 4 game losing streak
sick.gif

Randoming heroes every game has stopped working for me.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
EG have stopped picking unconventional drafts i see, i guess they were tired with toying with the lesser flops and using MLG as practice scrims

iamblades

Why did they pick this venue again? Or do ppl not give a shit about MLG?

Little from column A, little from column B with some shitty marketing on top.

TBH I didn't even know this tournament was going on until the games popped up on the join dota queue.

There clearly was no esports base in the NO area, so I don't know what market research they had to pick that as a location for an event or if they just felt like going there.

It's a very small market that is fairly isolated from any other decently sized market, and it is not at all demographically similar to the midwestern college towns where all the hugely successful MLG events have been.

I suspect the event space in New Orleans is way cheaper than other cities that might've had more turnout.

event turnout seems less important than stream views, but I would guess that those aren't particularly high either

I think EG is once again relying on Universe Dark Seer to buy time for Arteezy AM. It's going to be a nightmare going highground against EG with DS and Magnus.

Both LGD and VP had games where they just crumbled against EG's highground defense.

damn didnt think EG would lose the early game like this

CDEC's safe and mid lane were stronger on paper though? Sumail lost mid harder than he probably should've. The canceled salve hurt very much.

EG's line seems all about defending high ground and comboing the enemy team to death. Hasn't worked once yet.

Top Bottom