• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow, Veno does literally infinite damage.

M.D

holy shit that monkey draft is fucking disgusting

watching vega lose all of their hp while trying to escape with the song was hilarious

Elitro

Doom this patch... i'm not feeling it.
thinking.gif

Hylian7

Doom is still garbage but not because of the deny thing. He is hero with no lane presence (Spectre, AM, and Lycan are more useful in a lane than him) who can actually jungle decently now, but then still is a one trick pony with the real attraction to his ultimate locked behind a 4200g item. Literally all be does in a fight is Doom, Refresher, Doom, and maybe a Shiva's. The hero is complete and total shit otherwise and picking literally any other hero would be better, even Loss Commander. Just remove Lvl ? Death and replace it with an entirely different skill.

t0rment

i dont think that a pro player should be losing a 1v1 matchup with LC against brood. also miracle showing that mmr is a joke.
troll.gif

pompidu

He actually quoted you when talking about denying heroes.

Veno's ult also isn't deniable, but gale is. I think.

Not sure how two non ultimate abilities where a hero can be denied has anything to do with an ultimate that can be denied.

I'm not saying doom shouldn't be that way, the problem is that's really all he has for a team fight other than being a punching bag. Hero gold is more important that its ever been. His skill set does not lead to being good in that aspect.

kionedrik

This is becoming ridiculous...

Anyone know whats worng with the EU W server?
How is it even possible that I can't get a below 300 ping in there when it used to be stable 50 in source 1 and the earlier days or reborn.

kvk1

Not sure how two non ultimate abilities where a hero can be denied has anything to do with an ultimate that can be denied.

I'm not saying doom shouldn't be that way, the problem is that's really all he has for a team fight other than being a punching bag. Hero gold is more important that its ever been. His skill set does not lead to being good in that aspect.

He has taken one of your teammates completely out of the fight with his ultimate, and in your scenario at least one other ally is busy with said teammate looking for that sweet deny to make Doom "useless."

That's 2 out of 5 heroes who aren't doing what they should be doing in an engagement while the other team is pounding on you.

Would you still categorize that as shit?

G.ZZZ

Doom is retarded again with the stupid 500 damage/heal scorched earth at lvl 0 + infinite armor or regen lvl2, good luck harassing him out of offlane unless you have a super strong trilane.

Russ T

Banned
FACT: siege creeps should get a passive ability that turns their melee attacks into ranged attacks (i.e. ta's passive) so that when doom eats one WHICH HE CAN NOW he spits cannonballs at towers

Hylian7

FACT: siege creeps should get a passive ability that turns their melee attacks into ranged attacks (i.e. ta's passive) so that when doom eats one WHICH HE CAN NOW he spits cannonballs at towers

This would be cool.

Also Tinker cries at the catapult change.
cry.gif

It's crazy just how much stuff the catapult change changes in the game though. Yesterday I played Timbersaw and I could clear creep waves with catapults in them so easily. I can Midas them now. I can rely on them to block Clockwerk hooks or Mirana arrows.

pompidu

His ultimate has been deniable for a very long time, that didn't stop him from being a top pick at TI4, pretty sure that already proves your point to be nonsense.

He disabled passives before without needing 4200 gold item. There was more money in farming and tower pushing than team fighting. But lets ignore all that.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
change to miranda ult - it now works like dust, with a finite (but large?) aoe, and a no-break grace period to mean you can use it defensively.

OP?

Top Bottom