• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh Naval Warfare is a classic mod.

Will try.

shira

Tides of War!!!
naga-song3.gif

Haly

?

spectre isn't beaten in the laning stage any more....i guess unless you beat her like 0 10 in lane

He means back when laning wasn't everything and a hard carry could shine without fighting from minute 0.

Epix

I'd like to try a social experiement...

Take a well known pro, put them into a 2.5k MMR account, allow them to only solo queue all pick games, give them 30 days and see where they end up.

My prediction? 3k may be too generous...

Haly

They would get to 4k pretty quickly. With something like a 80% win rate.

It's been done by people who are far away from being pros, just spamming mid stompers every game.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Take a well known pro, put them into a 2.5k MMR account, allow them to only solo queue all pick games, give them 30 days and see where they end up.

?

that's really dumb, even just playing with a 4k mmr player in 2k bracket they'll regularly 1v5 it

Vade

They would get to 4k pretty quickly. With something like a 80% win rate.

It's been done by people who are far away from being pros, just spamming mid stompers every game.

Pick play making, face murdering mid: storm ember sf. Easy 5k

Haly

Storm got crunched so boosters and sellers and grinders would probably use QoP, and TA now.

Along with SF.

People do this all the time to prove a point: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/28zclp/my_mmr_experiment_solo_mmr_2278_party_mmr_2196_to/

This is a 4.5k player who got a 2.2k account back up to 4.5k in 153 games, with these conditions.

Conditions for Solo:
- I will be playing every role during Solo
- I will be playing every hero depending on the heroes chosen by the captain.
- I will not limit myself to one hero.
- All recorded games are with Ranked MM.
- The vast majority of my games will be Captains Draft and Captains Mode. I will not captain more than 20% of the games.
(If nobody chooses to be captain, then I will choose to be captain if it reaches 2 seconds and under, this still counts to the 20%)

People will scream about "forced fifty" and "MMR hell" until they're blue in the face but the reality is that the system works. Tell RTZ to do something like this and he could probably reach 5k in a month, as long as he's not streaming, because people might throw against him on purpose.

Ultrabum

This depends largely on how many games they play. If they are playing like 6 hours a day, I don't think it would take long to get up to 5K.

Chris R

I think I could be around a 3k player if I only played/spammed pos 1/2s but I really like playing a wide variety of heroes. Playing a support when your carry is actually a good player makes for a great game, same with playing a carry when the supports actually do well.

It sucks when you realize the SF picker who went mid and is currently 0-3 6 mins into the game is going to cost you 25 MMR because you won't be able to carry as a position 5 Witch Doctor ;_; A much better player probably still could win the game in that position, just not me.

Russ T

Banned
Bruh, haunting and making the entire team cower in fear of you is so satisfying, and them watching them try to nuke you down when you're tanky and just end up killing themselves. Didn't even need a blademail to do that.

nah

spectre's such a passive hero

give me your tiny, your kunkka (next patch: believe), your brewmaster, give me an active hero that actually gets up in people's shit all the time, not this pansy ass "don't hit me lol or you'll die lolllllllllll"

fuck spectre

When you outskill your opponents winning is really easy.

Hylian7

In 30 days they could probably easily get to their normal account MMR or pretty close to it.

Nah they would mostly be at 3k or slightly above. Seen plenty pros rage quit when they have bad teammates so this would escalate and hold them back at lower levels.

G.ZZZ

Well known pro? A 4k player would have a 80% wr until 3k, meaning they'd hit 3k in 30 games. A 5k would have a 80% wr until 4k, meaning 60 games to hit it. It has been done many times. Play with 6k and 7k players and you realize that at 5k you're basically accessory and they make for half of the success of the team by themselves if not even more.

G.ZZZ

Nah they would mostly be at 3k or slightly above. Seen plenty pros rage quit when they have bad teammates so this would escalate and hold them back at lower levels.

Pros rage quit because they don't have to prove a point. RTZ ragequit winnable games all the time and he's still 7.5k. When he actually tryhard he managed to hit 8k. There's a difference in magnitude of skills that you really can't realize until you play them.

Hylian7

At their high MMR, when they are against opponents close to their skill level, yeah, of course they have less of a chance if their team is letting them down. Getting from 2.5k to 3k is nothing for them though. I could even do that within 30 days, and probably even higher than that.

TUSR

Banned
At their high MMR, when they are against opponents close to their skill level, yeah, of course they have less of a chance if their team is letting them down. Getting from 2.5k to 3k is nothing for them though. I could even do that within 30 days, and probably even higher than that.

i took my buddies account from 2.6k to 3k in 4 days or some shit

i think i lost 1 game

i only played ta

When you're like 7k your team is usually much weaker than the opponents team as to keep the mmr's equal, this leads to high mmr players being forced to carry their entire team to victory against really good players, so when you random, fuck around or your entire team is playing poorly you might indeed lose.

But if they're given a low level account(2k/3k/4k, doesn't really matter) they'd have such a huge skill advantage that they could do whatever they want and get away with it unless all of their teammates literally just fed themselves 100 times a match.

They woudln't even need to just play snowball mids, they could even exclusively play support and get there(tbf they'd have a lower(but still high) winrate). I think it was yapzor that got to 7k by only playing support and I'm sure he's not the only one.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
all but three of the entries on my 'recent posts' search are in the dota thread

enough!

[edit]

Official Changelog

Improved the precision of click selection behavior.
Fixed a hang when using alt-tab to return to Dota.
Enabled searching for tournaments.
Fixed various IME bugs.
Fixed some memory leaks .
Fixed tournament games not correctly sorting to the top of the Watch Live list.

yas

So, Blitz was saying he had a lot of success running Terrorblade mid in games. He would gank with like 3 levels of reflection, 1 illusion and 2 metamorphosis and get kills every time. Anyone have any experience with this or think it's a good idea? It seems super strong since you're getting passive abilities on the auto-attacks like crit and stuff.

The toughest part seems like it would be surviving the lane against a better mid, especially since his hp is so low.

Edit: Oh, cool, click fixes.

Top Bottom