• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

kvk1

EXaE7R3.png

lol

Hylian7

ROFL

That mod is hilarious, and highlights the utter stupidity of Quiet's backstory.

MGS defenders are so full of shit, good lord
laugh.gif

The horde of idiots falling over themselves to write one-handed essays defending the depiction of Quiet, to be precise.

I think you really mean MGS writing defenders. I mean, the game is still a good game, just has utter garbage like Quiet's backstory in it.

Has anyone actually written something saying that the reason for her exposure (MGSV spoilers)
She "breathes through her skin"
is "the greatest plot device and writing in any medium" or something to that effect? I would love to see that if you know of anything.

That reason reeks of being an "excuse" reason just to put her in the game dressed like that. Plus the helicopter stuff. What a joke.

Sibylus

Banned
I think you really mean MGS writing defenders. I mean, the game is still a good game, just has utter garbage like Quiet's backstory in it.

Has anyone actually written something saying that the reason for her exposure (MGSV spoilers)
She "breathes through her skin"
is "the greatest plot device and writing in any medium" or something to that effect? I would love to see that if you know of anything.

That reason reeks of being an "excuse" reason just to put her in the game dressed like that. Plus the helicopter stuff. What a joke.
I clarified what I meant, doesn't really need elaboration that, yeah that's mostly criticism of the game's writing and character portrayal.

As to the
breathable skin thing, I've seen a lot of spirited defense of that garbage.

Hylian7

I clarified what I meant, doesn't really need elaboration that, yeah that's mostly criticism of the game's writing and character portrayal.

Fair enough, I can understand that.

Seriously though has anyone written these long essays defending Quiet's portrayal though? I would love to see the stupiditiy.

Sibylus

Banned
There was a lot of dumb shit said in its defense in the thread for the PC mod that gives Quiet a military costume from the beginning, it's probably been done long before release though.

inkls

There was a lot of dumb shit said in its defense in the thread for the PC mod that gives Quiet a military costume from the beginning, it's probably been done long before release though.

oh nice, theres a mod for that? I never use her because I prefer the walker over her, but thats nice.

Hylian7

I see, doesn't surprise me. If someone still defends this after we know the "reason we should feel shame for our words and deeds" though, I will die laughing.

Top Bottom