• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nanyang in Singapore next week

That should be nice. Also will be cool to see how the current Cloud 9 Roster stacks up. Its to bad no games are being played on the 31st.

Matt, could you pick me up a Team Secret Key Chain from the Nanyang cup? After seeing the Fnatic one, I'm sure the Secret one will be great.

N9lINvL.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I went to Dave & Busters last week on a whim, and using the tickets I won I got a shot glass with their logo on it. The Logo came off in the Dish Washer. How
LCnCRPK.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh yeah, I saw a pretty interesting item build last night that actually worked pretty well. The enemy brood mother bought Guardian Greaves. It made it so she could instantly purge off dust making it a lot harder to kill her, and she could heal up her spiders. Looking on Dotabuff, it has a really low build rate (Less the 1k games this month), but it does have a 60% win rate and does not come across as jokey "I'm stopping" build.

Hylian7

I feel so dumb now. I somehow completely forgot that Ember Spirit's Fire Remnants move to where you click at 2.5x your move speed.

That didn't hit me until I played him in Dota Imba today and was slowed by Invoker's Ice Wall.
jugg-dizzy.gif

DrPizza

Banned
Oh yeah, I saw a pretty interesting item build last night that actually worked pretty well. The enemy brood mother bought Guardian Greaves. It made it so she could instantly purge off dust making it a lot harder to kill her, and she could heal up her spiders. Looking on Dotabuff, it has a really low build rate (Less the 1k games this month), but it does have a 60% win rate and does not come across as jokey "I'm stopping" build.
I'm on my phone so don't have the exact costs but...

Greaves cost what... 1350 for arcanes, about 2300 for mek, 1650 for recipe. Manta costs 2050 for Yasha, 2100 for orb, and what is it, 900 for recipe? That puts them both at about the same cost.

Manta is on a shorter cool down. Mek/Greaves are bad on spider because spider doesn't teamfight. Sure, it heals the babies but is that really worth it? Manta is also much better for right clicks and stats in general.

I dunno, but it doesn't sound like a great way of removing dust to me.

Hylian7

Greaves cost what... 1350 for arcanes, about 2300 for mek, 1650 for recipe. Manta costs 2050 for Yasha, 2100 for orb, and what is it, 900 for recipe? That puts them both at about the same cost.

Manta is on a shorter cool down. Mek/Greaves are bad on spider because spider doesn't teamfight. Sure, it heals the babies but is that really worth it? Manta is also much better for right clicks and stats in general.

I was thinking the same thing. I think Vlad's fulfills what you would want out of GG's on her anyway, and is a much cheaper option. If you are really that concerned with removing dust then Diffusal is available, but I don't think it's really worth it unless you are against Omniknight or something.

Speaking of Omniknight, I bet he will remain in the top 5 Dotabuff winrates because people won't buy Diffusal on heroes they think it "weird" on. I know in the past I have bought it on Jugg and Weaver. Diffusal is always good against Omni, especially with no CD on it. You can remove multiple Guardian Angels.

Auteezy

Banned
I was thinking the same thing. I think Vlad's fulfills what you would want out of GG's on her anyway, and is a much cheaper option. If you are really that concerned with removing dust then Diffusal is available, but I don't think it's really worth it unless you are against Omniknight or something.

Speaking of Omniknight, I bet he will remain in the top 5 Dotabuff winrates because people won't buy Diffusal on heroes they think it "weird" on. I know in the past I have bought it on Jugg and Weaver. Diffusal is always good against Omni, especially with no CD on it. You can remove multiple Guardian Angels.

Everything you just wrote about broodmother is wrong.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Good point. While its likely novel and could be good in some case, it does sound like manta would be better. Only real benefit of Greeve over Manta in terms of the dispell is Greeves cost no mana. Maybe Greeves could be an option if you want to group as 5 really early to finish off the game.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but diffusal isn't weird on juggernaut or weaver? Like you don't build it every game ofc, but it's expected if you need a purge.

inkls

?

pubs do weird builds all the time, why would it be an exception with diffusal? Already in the top 15 most player this month you've got Jugg, riki and invoker.

Riki builds it by default, its not unusual for jugg to build it anyway since you'd normally get it vs people who buy ghost scepters and invoker's tornado is also a purge that can remove omniknight's ult.

Sianos

Doesn't Eul's also purge GA?
I never made that connection before! I guess because only diffusal blade and satyr purge (and brewmaster dispel magic? I'm not sure) go through repel I forgot that other sources of purge can go through just guardian angel. You learn something new every day.

I'd like to see omniknight get a rework, like PL or bloodseeker. He never gets picked in pro games, but freezyfrog can't buff him too much as he is probably the biggest pubstomper in the game already. I can't remember a time where he wasn't in the top 3 pub winrates, and he's currently #1 with a 60.60% winrate.

That, and he's mindcrushingly boring to play.

inkls

I'd like omniknight to get a rework, like PL or bloodseeker. He never gets picked in pro games, but freezyfrog can't buff him too much as he has been in the top 3 pub winrates for as long as I can remember. That, and he's mindcrushingly boring to play.

PL got reworked because he was essentially a tier 2 radiance naga and bloodseeker was just reworked to give him more utility.

I don't think theres another hero that does what Omni does, he's just unfortunate enough to be a melee support with no stun and a slow that requires him to be next to his target to to work

That, and he's mindcrushingly boring to play.

knew that was the real reason.

Top Bottom