• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Elitro

2 weeks without ihl games
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif

Could be a role switch, seems to be the popular thing nowadays. Maybe resolution will play carry or offlane, or vice versa.
sounds like a better team than they had. good for them. If Dendi had been this flexible with the roster 1.5 years ago, perhaps his team's brand wouldn't smell like shit right now.

Hylian7

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but diffusal isn't weird on juggernaut or weaver? Like you don't build it every game ofc, but it's expected if you need a purge.

?

pubs do weird builds all the time, why would it be an exception with diffusal? Already in the top 15 most player this month you've got Jugg, riki and invoker.

Riki builds it by default, its not unusual for jugg to build it anyway since you'd normally get it vs people who buy ghost scepters and invoker's tornado is also a purge that can remove omniknight's ult.
What I meant is that it isn't an item you build in most games on those heroes, or at least I certainly don't see it very often.

Yeah, that roster isn't going anywhere.

More of the same "band aid for a bullet wound" transfers.

Boy, they're really running that CIS well dry though.
It's not reasonable to expect them to do better with Frankfurt invites locked up. All the best CIS talent is already on a team going to the Major. They would have had to wait until after Frankfurt to try to poach their way to a real roster.

Either way, that roster is better than what they had.

It's not reasonable to expect them to do better with Frankfurt invites locked up. All the best CIS talent is already on a team going to the Major. They would have had to wait until after Frankfurt to try to poach their way to a real roster.

Either way, that roster is better than what they had.
Then wait until after Frankfurt, I don't see what the problem is with that? Apparently they'd rather create another subpar team, fail to reach the next major, then do this again for the 50th time. Have your team be Dendi+Reso and fill the other 3 spots with temp players until you have a real roster.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Everybody's anus puckered for the LiS finale? Australians have already played it I guess. I need to get off the internet I think.

Fuck Jefferson!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is Dota losing like 100.000 players per week these days? What is happening?

Well, its a 30 day rolling average, so its more like dota lost 100k players a month ago. The player base looks like it has stabilized this month, going up 2% in the last 30 days.

Well, its a 30 day rolling average, so its more like dota lost 100k players a month ago. The player base looks like it has stabilized this month, going up 2% in the last 30 days.

Is it rising again? I remember it hitting 12 million a few weeks or months ago and then I started it up yesterday and it dropped to 10.9mil.

edit: Supposedly, the 12 mil was reached on 1st of September. That's 150k players per week who departed, isn't it?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Update woes, TI fatigue, Reborn shitting the bed.

Lots of stuff, it'll bounce back.

And if it doesn't whatever man, Dota is still huge. It doesn't need to overtake League to be huge.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Was just playing a game as SF, and had HotD and later got Skadi, I wasn't getting the Skadi effect. Wat...

The debuff or the visuals? Because the visuals sometimes don't show up if you get Skadi after lifesteal in Reborn, but the debuff is still there.

Hylian7

I'll watch this when I get home.

It was right near the end when we were about to take their mid rax.

The debuff or the visuals? Because the visuals sometimes don't show up if you get Skadi after lifesteal in Reborn, but the debuff is still there.
I didn't check for the debuff, but the visual definitely wasn't there and it didn't feel like the hero I was hitting was being slowed. I could be wrong though. I'll check the replay in a bit.

Then wait until after Frankfurt, I don't see what the problem is with that? Apparently they'd rather create another subpar team, fail to reach the next major, then do this again for the 50th time. Have your team be Dendi+Reso and fill the other 3 spots with temp players until you have a real roster.

seems like that's exactly what they've done here, tbqh. better than disbanding the team and putting it in cold storage until 2016.

There could have been TI fatigue coupled with the long wait for a new big update.

TI fatigue, a little. 6.84 and 6.85 meta fatigue, moreso IMO. It's real. DV has been playing Dota 2 since 2012 without fail and this is the first time I can remember not having fun and it started with 6.84. As usual, I'm glad others are having fun, but for lots of us it's broken the game and its enjoyment. If not for this IHL commitment, I would have put the game on ice until sometime in 2016. I'm close to being defined as "bitter" at this point. It's not even just "not having fun" because I'd be okay with feeling bored occasionally at this point. No, I'm actually actively resenting how the game feels and plays. I don't like the idea of not playing because it's my favorite game to play, but the relationship isn't working in this patch.

Auteezy

Banned
is there a dota thread locked for 5k+'s so that 1.09 and I can jerk each other off and not have to sift through 100's of pages of 3k mmr theorycrafters?

Top Bottom