• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Mordeccai

I reinstalled to play a game.

62 minutes, we lost being slowly ratted to death.

immediately uninstalled again. when the fuck will this game be fun to me again. I think I'm just going to binge on star wars games and witcher 3 until EP 7 releases.

At least SWTOR is a fun game.

Elitro

You can't really improve just from reading about dota without playing the game.

Well, you certainly can't improve if you have 0 hours into the game. But as a casual randoming player who started to learn roles from ihl2 forward i have to say i learned quite a bit just by reading shaQ's mid guide.

Well, you certainly can't improve if you have 0 hours into the game. But as a casual randoming player who started to learn roles from ihl2 forward i have to say i learned quite a bit just by reading shaQ's mid guide.

anyone looking for this guide will find it in the OP, btw.
highfive.gif

Poor Rasmus, he can't catch a break. Not only did he have a ton of issues getting to New Orleans his flight home was just diverted to NY after an engine failure.

He's stuck there for a day now.

I feel like his high synergy combo of stay near me or get nuked
but go away or damage drain + storm

should feel a lot more interesting
but it just falls flat
The most interesting part of playing Razor is the comedy build to be honest.

Also I have to say I've learnt a fair bit from people in this thread. Putting it into practice is easy for me but getting other people to do it is a lot harder.

M.D

if someone axe calls or duels a hero using silver edge, will all the active bonuses work? i can't remember the interaction when you call or duel someone. does it bring you out of invisibility before the first attack?

The_Poet

Banned
if someone axe calls or duels a hero using silver edge, will all the active bonuses work? i can't remember the interaction when you call or duel someone. does it bring you out of invisibility before the first attack?

You need to manually attack first to get the crit/slow.

Using spells breaks the invis and removes the buff

Red UFO

You need to manually attack first to get the crit/slow.

Using spells breaks the invis and removes the buff
He asking what happens if you catch the invis person.

I believe they will apply the SB/SE damage/effect on you.

EDIT: I think that's what he's asking at least...

t0rment

I reinstalled to play a game.

62 minutes, we lost being slowly ratted to death.

immediately uninstalled again. when the fuck will this game be fun to me again. I think I'm just going to binge on star wars games and witcher 3 until EP 7 releases.

At least SWTOR is a fun game.

how do you even manage to get ratted in this patch. every game i've played is both teams group up as 5 at 8 minutes into the enemy jungle or to fight into a tower, and usually the team with the one guy farming in another lane is the one who loses.

Sianos

how do you even manage to get ratted in this patch. every game i've played is both teams group up as 5 at 8 minutes into the enemy jungle or to fight into a tower, and usually the team with the one guy farming in another lane is the one who loses.
Yep, bot game meta is still alive and well.

My request for a constructive post is how to better deal with these early groupings. Doesn't feel like split farming and pushing is enough anymore with how much the enemy makes off of kills these days. Any advice?

Mordeccai

We had a bunch of 4 vs 4 team fights, just net worth swinging back and forth for about 30 minutes. Their NP just pushed lanes while they ganked. Our Jakiro just macropyred the jungle with aghs, only showed up to like two of the early fights

Eventually they realized we had better team fight and just started this annoying pattern of mass necro unit and three hero pushing down mid, when we respond NP and shadow shaman with aghs refresher immediately drop their load on a tower. Rinse and repeat for 20 minutes.

Most annoying part is their SF built a fucking armlet for first item. He only had 7k hero damage, but we fucking lost to an armlet shadow fiend. Pretty sure that's what prompted me to uninstall.

Kade

why do people play yolo carries like Slark and PL when they are puss puss gamers? Alone in the jungle with a lone warding Lich 7 levels below theirs with no items and they run away. Ai yai yai! Find your courage Lion!

why do people play yolo carries like Slark and PL when they are pu ss puss gamers? Alone in the jungle with a lone warding Lich 7 levels below theirs with no items and they run away. Ai yai yai! Find your courage Lion!
I want to believe you got that from watching my stream

lol

Basically, they just kicked Xboct, PSM and Funnik and tried to masquarade it as an entirely new Navi team because the organisation has gotten infamous for being very trigger-happy with its players. Seems like little else than a PR move to keep its slate clean.

Satch

Banned
when i heard navi was disbanding, keeping 2 players and getting three new ones like any old shuffle wasnt what i had in mind

also BASED SAPROL

hail to the MING baby
MingLee.png
MingLee.png
MingLee.png
MingLee.png
MingLee.png
MingLee.png
MingLee.png
MingLee.png
MingLee.png
MingLee.png

This image nicely captures the mysterious nature of the game, sometimes no matter how bad you do you are destined to win and vice-versa.
tumblr_nwf10kAKTT1u07fdyo1_500.jpg

For example:
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1878902007

This game was a thing of beauty, a shadow fiend got pissy because I grabbed a rune he wanted to fill his bottle with, after that it was straight 40 minutes of a SF feeding kills, couriers non stop, we made a sturdy high ground defense and eventually took back all the farm the SF had given away, we just kept doing that till we eventually took that sweet ancient down.

Even the pudge bought a rapier that the SF wanted to feed after he lost it to the BB.
laugh.gif

Poor Rasmus, he can't catch a break. Not only did he have a ton of issues getting to New Orleans his flight home was just diverted to NY after an engine failure.

He's stuck there for a day now.

at least he knows where not to get a steak

Guys have you ever seen a AM and a PA offlaning during the same match on the same team. Because I have.

i played offlane earth spirit against safelane pa/am one time
free kills at lvl 6
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1335759454

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tiny and Puck fighting over mid (they went duo) and we won.

Me and Doom offlane top against Gyro/SWM/Jakiro. I ditched him quickfast and went off to bugger around in the jungle.

#just4kthings

Top Bottom