• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Quesa

I know it was going to be that video before I clicked it.

criss_angel_mindfreak_-_show.jpg

Deadly

if you're warhound-1 mumblegaf is on that server.

im OWNAGE at wildstar
Is there actual world pvp going on? I hear the pvp server is alot more dead than the pve one. Apparently all the big guilds made a switch to the pve server for bigger population but this was before f2p

He used to be one of the top Embers back when he was at C9, it's just that he's gotten worse as a player since then.

Im pretty sure singsing is just a pub star at best

I attended ESL One Frankfurt 2014 and he played a very good Ember for C9 back then. Pretty sure he was among the better Ember playes back then.

I'm not sure if he got way worse, everyone else got better, or his team is completely trash

probably a combination of all 3

shira

to be fair, I can't imagine anyone not having communication and emo issues with EE
Dota in game is fairly simplistic and tailored to EE dialogue style of 3-5 word commands repeated ad nauseum
Aegis and cheese
Drop your stick
We do not have room
Furryon can you tp top

that'd be pretty suprising considering just how much he likes to talk. Damn near half of Dota 2's memes over the last couple of years came directly from SingSing's mouth.
His stream is an act, he's not as big of a clown as he seems, a lot of his teammates have said that he's very serious in pro games. You can see glimpses of this when he's playing an intensive hero like Tinker or Meepo and he's too busy to do his shtick, he talks way less and becomes a lot more serious.

His stream is an act, he's not as big of a clown as he seems, a lot of his teammates have said that he's very serious in pro games. You can see glimpses of this when he's playing an intensive hero like Tinker or Meepo and he's too busy to do his shtick.

Of course. But usually people who communicate well don't just suddenly become mutes when it's time for business. Unless there are significant relationship or chemistry issues.

Speaking of singsing ember.
Hopefully he pulls something out, got a few items on MFF.
Bo2 so dont matter, worst case i get my shit back, best case 9:1 items.

Thats a Ursa

Skinpop

What's the furthest you've gone?

My best is lvl 25-ish

31 solo, I used to play it in sc as well though and would consistently beat it.

from a game design perspective it is horrible though. There are two issues.

#1 because of the mazing there is a mathematically perfect layout, a few minutes sketching on a paper and you'll have something close to an optimal design. so the mazing is actually redundant, it doesn't add anything in terms of gamelplay since there is no incentive to adapt.
#2 its basically a slot machine. there is some level of strategy involved when choosing gems but that is still more often than not completely undone if you don't get the gems you need. once you know what you need everything else boils down to luck. at that point you might as well play a "free" slot machine.

it was better in sc because at least then you could almost always beat it by making smart choices. playing solo in dota 2 gem td it's 99% luck.

Sianos

doom solo queue is a pretty good time

also WOW the skill disparity between solo and party queue is pretty hilarious, although it did help that i could just remove whoever their best performing player was at any given moment from the game with the power of r
doom-penta.gif

Wok

doom solo queue is a pretty good time

also WOW the skill disparity between solo and party queue is pretty hilarious, although it did help that i could just remove whoever their best performing player was at any given moment from the game with the power of r
doom-penta.gif

Doom is my goto when I don't know what to pick. The hero fits in most drafts.

I like how starladder announces their tournament + a list of teams and neither ourselves or EG have even accepted/declined their invite yet but include us on there anyway.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think there is a good chance that was a mistake, doesn't Star Ladder normally have a bunch of TBD in their "Invites" when they make their announcements?

I think there is a good chance that was a mistake, doesn't Star Ladder normally have a bunch of TBD in their "Invites" when they make their announcements?
I thought it was until I asked Charlie if they had actually accepted yet after we turned up on the list. You don't just accidently announce your only direct invite.

EG could still easily say no and then you've already lost one of your supposedly confirmed directly invited teams.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Good ol' starladder, it's like every official statement by them has to have a Kappa at the end or something.

Also Giff in game Pro Player Follow please. I want my DOTA2 social media, so I can stalk players and watch all their pub games.
anuxi_trees.gif

Sounds more like they want the teams to go "Oh they've already put us on the list so let's go I guess".

On the other hand, never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Ultrabum

31 solo, I used to play it in sc as well though and would consistently beat it.

from a game design perspective it is horrible though. There are two issues.

#1 because of the mazing there is a mathematically perfect layout, a few minutes sketching on a paper and you'll have something close to an optimal design. so the mazing is actually redundant, it doesn't add anything in terms of gamelplay since there is no incentive to adapt.
#2 its basically a slot machine. there is some level of strategy involved when choosing gems but that is still more often than not completely undone if you don't get the gems you need. once you know what you need everything else boils down to luck. at that point you might as well play a "free" slot machine.

it was better in sc because at least then you could almost always beat it by making smart choices. playing solo in dota 2 gem td it's 99% luck.

I keep telling people its like poker. If you get a bad hand, then you lose. Except here bad hand means any hand that is not a fucking perfect hand every time.

shira

I like how starladder announces their tournament + a list of teams and neither ourselves or EG have even accepted/declined their invite yet but include us on there anyway.
Cyborg"bustsyourballsonsocialmediathentakesalltheprizemoneykappa"matt

Quesa

GH live is fun because when you play songs in the TV channels you see a live leaderboard and I'm usually first. Then I just get into dota lingo

Ez song ez free play tokens git gud casuals

Top Bottom