• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Blue Jays =
throwgame.gif

shira

Blue Jays =
throwgame.gif

Hey let's put our entire season and $115 million dollar payroll in the hands of a 20 year old who throws harder than xbcot, EG and Clown9 combined. Oh yeah we also gutted our entire farm system so New York could coast into the World Series.

Low Tier
core on od, tinker, qop (sometimes)

luxury on just about any hero.

the thing with hex is that its a very expensive item with bulky components that cost a lot to save up for, but its a big game winner come late. However, most heroes don't really rush the item as a raw hex usually doesn't give enough damage for the hero to burst during the duration of hex, with a few exceptions.

A lot of players will get it as a 5th or 6th item on stuff like TA, and SF. Ranged bursty heroes with no built-in cc but who would love to just hit an enemy for 3.5 seconds

Uriah

I had to spend 3600 coins and open 9 chests but i finally got that nice Rubick cloak

Fuck Valve for using the shitty CSGO system for chests now

Yeah, its disappointing. I would have bought a set for timber and clock but I don't feel like buying chests.

Hylian7

Scythe is a luxury in most cases.

It's great and really under bought in Ursa.

Tinker is an obvious one, OD like you mentioned as well.

You could sort of argue it being "core" on QoP and Storm, but this is of course after their other necessary items, putting it closer to that luxury territory.

The real question is name a hero that Scythe is a terrible idea on. Assume it's late game and said hero has oodles of cash to buy one.

gai_shain

You could sort of argue it being "core" on QoP and Storm, but this is of course after their other necessary items, putting it closer to that luxury territory.

The real question is name a hero that Scythe is a terrible idea on. Assume it's late game and said hero has oodles of cash to buy one.

morphling
while its not a terrible idea I would almost never buy it on him
e: im talking about carry morph obviously

Auteezy

Banned

drow, troll, tiny, kunkka, ember, terrorblade, sniper, pa, medusa, dragon knight, naix

those all seem like heroes that have more ideal 6slots than a hex and it could be considered "bad" on them in a lot of situations. Most of the time you'd rather have an abyssal or rapier

NBtoaster

Ursa gets it because he has a big problem being kited and doesnt really need damage items. Most other carries arent as easily kited so do better with abyssal, skadi, etc.

Smithy C

11 kills in 25 minutes as Luna. Team yells at me for fighting too much and not farming enough.

Every single time I tried to farm those jerks would force a fight and I'd have to run all the way over to stop them getting their asses handed to them.

One fight I miss team yells at me for not turning up and letting them die.

Man, fuck solo queue.

Demoli

cant play the sf beta cuase it's lagging way too much.

I go to /a/ and found out jojo p4 anime is gonna happen

What a beautiful duwang

Pratfall

11 kills in 25 minutes as Luna. Team yells at me for fighting too much and not farming enough.

Every single time I tried to farm those jerks would force a fight and I'd have to run all the way over to stop them getting their asses handed to them.

One fight I miss team yells at me for not turning up and letting them die.

Man, fuck solo queue.

mute and move on, you will win more if you ignore them and only show up to fights that are smart, especially with a split pusher like luna

actually, I wonder if the LPQ change was to discourage account-buyers and bots. I'm assuming LPQ tries to use the matchmaking mmr, even if it's a smaller player pool, so conceivably if someone buys a 5k account and inevitably gets reported every game til they end up in LPQ, they won't be able to win the games necessary to escape it.

This is genius

Wok

actually, I wonder if the LPQ change was to discourage account-buyers and bots. I'm assuming LPQ tries to use the matchmaking mmr, even if it's a smaller player pool, so conceivably if someone buys a 5k account and inevitably gets reported every game til they end up in LPQ, they won't be able to win the games necessary to escape it.

This is genius

If only the account-buyers and bots get there, the 5k bracket in LPQ won't be 5k-worth.

Plus you don't report people for being bad.

mute and move on, you will win more if you ignore them and only show up to fights that are smart, especially with a split pusher like luna

Unless there is a Spectre in the other team. Then you automatically lose after a certain amount of time.

Top Bottom