• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Demoli

So hyped. Wonder how many episodes it will get.

Part 4 is about as big as part 3 so 2 seasons is expected unless they skip over stuff (which granted, there is a lot more filler in 4 than in 3, even if it is more meorable than legit fights from 3)

kionedrik

so I just had a game where, during a long ass pause, my mid SF cried his heart out over his mic because his gf had left him 4 months ago and he can't get over her.

this might not be the best place for psychic help mate.

TUSR

Banned
so I just had a game where, during a long ass pause, my mid SF cried his heart out over his mic because his gf had left him 4 months ago and he can't get over her.

a dude i was playing CSGO with had his dog die mid game

it was unsettling at how real it sounded too

shira

sYJRYiw.jpg

DrPizza

Banned

You should have told him "who needs a girlfriend when you have doto and waifus".

JC Sera

That pic makes me think are the jaw bones on the side of his face just taped on
or in reality in the flesh skeleton king had
flowey like
side mandibles
gnNpI75.gif

Red UFO

I tried Hearthstone as per my friends recommendations and it seems cool but I don't have enough space in my brain for any meta game stuff for that, my brain is already clogged up with thousands of gigabytes of Dota information. And I keep getting smashed by people with fancy pants decks.

I tried Hearthstone as per my friends recommendations and it seems cool but I don't have enough space in my brain for any meta game stuff for that, my brain is already clogged up with thousands of gigabytes of Dota information. And I keep getting smashed by people with fancy pants decks.

Just netdeck a facehunter list, it lets you win at cardstone without having to know anything about the game. Its probably the only enjoyable way to play the game.

Kade

Yeah, I played it once and while the gameplay was alright with 4 players, it was ruined by the game being loaded to the brim with content that was gated behind a shitty progression system or a paywall. Fuck that game.

You know what 4 player co-op game is sick and fun no matter what level you are or how much money you've spent? Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide.

BHK3

Banned
You know what 4 player co-op game is sick and fun no matter what level you are or how much money you've spent? Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide.

for now.

It's a games workshop game dude, and they said they have lots of ideas for DLC.

Pratfall

what is the logic behind all the chat windows being merged in terms of content. why not have each tab only contain the stuff in that specific chat? it is so hard to keep track of multiple conversations

This RTZ tusk game with benny hill in the background is killing me

Isn't that game just a platform to sell dlc?

I didn't buy any of it and felt like there was actually a decent amount of stuff in the base game. However, I played like 80+ hours of it and still didn't access the vast majority of available content because the grinding is so steep

Like, there's no reason the game should be that repetitive because the mission design and weapons are actually pretty cool, but since you don't get to unlock and play around with much of the guns/attachments, and you don't have the perks to do the cool stuff in the missions, it becomes the most generic horde shooter ever made.

I mean, I guess the game is doing well since they don't ever stop releasing DLC, but it was such a disappointing game to play because it just refuses to let me have fun

Was watching a friend game and he had this LC which ended with 378 bonus damage won from duels, jesus, how can you feed that many duels in a single game that lasts around 50 mins.
disapprove.gif

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I just can't play DOTA no more... maybe it's me or maybe it's my team, I don't even care now. can someone tell me is it my fault we lose these 3 games or is it just I had bad team mates?

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1890093334 (CM)

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1890159042 (CM)

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1890211214 (Bounty)

I was trying to have my team come gank at the last game as Bounty on a few different occasions but I guess I didn't express it clearly or they just don't pay attention... either way that's one painful throw.

I just can't play DOTA no more... maybe it's me or maybe it's my team, I don't even care now. can someone tell me is it my fault we lose these 3 games or is it just I had bad team mates?

I was trying to have my team come gank at the last game as Bounty on a few different occasions but I guess I didn't express it clearly or they just don't pay attention... either way that's one painful throw.

Don't feel bad, any PA that rushes battlefury and still manages to get out-farmed by a support is gonna bring any team down, second game seems to suggest that you guys lost map control very early and never managed to recover, and the third one is probably because like you said, your team wasn't working together and any advantage you had over the enemy was meaningless since you guys couldn't bank on it to finish the game.

Just keep trying, there is nothing but a brighter path ahead. I mean I recently went from this awful game to this one where everyone was working together to win the game.

Just stop playing for a while. There are too many factors why sometimes you play like shit, or you perceive people are playing bad. I have like 3 weeks without touching the game, and now I can look back at what I was doing wrong and what I was doing right.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, LP games now have to be won? Took you a fucking while, eh valve. I wonder if that Silencer shitter video was the last drop for reddit, which made Valve more concious about shitheads.
Losing streaks are pretty terrible if you get too invested imo. It clouds your judgement and makes you irritable and/or concious when you screw up more than you would otherwise.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
Don't feel bad, any PA that rushes battlefury and still manages to get out-farmed by a support is gonna bring any team down, second game seems to suggest that you guys lost map control very early and never managed to recover, and the third one is probably because like you said, your team wasn't working together and any advantage you had over the enemy was meaningless since you guys couldn't bank on it to finish the game.

Just keep trying, there is nothing but a brighter path ahead. I mean I recently went from this awful game to this one where everyone was working together to win the game.

Just stop playing for a while. There are too many factors why sometimes you play like shit, or you perceive people are playing bad. I have like 3 weeks without touching the game, and now I can look back at what I was doing wrong and what I was doing right.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, LP games now have to be won? Took you a fucking while, eh valve. I wonder if that Silencer shitter video was the last drop for reddit, which made Valve more concious about shitheads.
Losing streaks are pretty terrible if you get too invested imo. It clouds your judgement and makes you irritable and/or concious when you screw up more than you would otherwise.

thanks guys, I think I'll just chill for a few days, do some clean up around the house or play my PS4. hopefully it gets better when I get back -_-;;

bounchfx

for now.

It's a games workshop game dude, and they said they have lots of ideas for DLC.

to be fair, it's a fatshark game. I think games' workshop simply owns the IP. I also heard that there was big plans for more content, so that sounds good to me. I'm enjoying it so far. Definitely worth the price if you're a L4D fan at all.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You can also get Warhammer for like $13 on Nuuvem.
Isn't that game just a platform to sell dlc?

There's a lot of DLC but you don't need to buy any of the heists to play them, you can just join someone elses game. I just wait for the 75% sales that happen every other month and grab the then.

to be fair, it's a fatshark game. I think games' workshop simply owns the IP. I also heard that there was big plans for more content, so that sounds good to me. I'm enjoying it so far. Definitely worth the price if you're a L4D fan at all.
No, I think Games Workshop are going to make as much money as humanly possible at the expense of the userbase. It's Games Workshop.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh boy, I have been admitted to the hospital. Though I'm not sure if I really need to be put in critical care. It seems a kidney stone is blocking one of the urinary tubes.

Sibylus

Banned
Oh boy, I have been admitted to the hospital. Though I'm not sure if I really need to be put in critical care. It seems a kidney stone is blocking one of the urinary tubes.
Ouch. You'll be alright, but yeah... that's probably going to hurt. Get well soon!

BHK3

Banned
that makes it worse, because they had a game called war of the roses which was heavily pay 2 win. I'm enjoying the game right now but just about nobody likes the loot system, turns out the 4 people in closed beta not complaining isn't the best way to gauge something. They should've just done what KF2 did and went into early access for at least a few months to tweak things and release everything fully cooked.
No, I think Games Workshop are going to make as much money as humanly possible at the expense of the userbase. It's Games Workshop.

They say they have plans for orcs and chaos, their first DLC will be free. Then again if anything comes out in the next 2 months that costs money I'm gonna feel ripped off because they could've easily just waited to include it in the release. I feel like an anime fan being stuck with $100 blu rays as the only releases or something here.

Top Bottom