• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Demoli

SF5 right now is fun and all but it's clear it's a beta.

Grabs being overriden by pokes is some serious bs.

5 will have some big shoes to fill coming from usf4

JC Sera

who here likes anime
clock-eyebrow.gif

btw I didn't realise the guys that made this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg
had a newer one out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuWPhlsyEI
(warning gorey & nsfw content also WTF)

inkls

"I love having shit flinged all over a community thread making everyone else awkward and reducing the amount of posters to near 0. Truly makes my experience enjoyable."

-No one ever 2015

Don't wash your dirty laundry in public please.

Hylian7

"I love having shit flinged all over a community thread making everyone else awkward and reducing the amount of posters to near 0. Truly makes my experience enjoyable."

-No one ever 2015

Don't wash your dirty laundry in public please.

I know right?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm a jock now?

Finally, all those hours of sitting in front of my computer feeding at 4AM paid off.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Guys I won game. Carry Omni + Dark Seer vs TA/Brood
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Not a single person used voice. We worked as a nonstop ganking train and kept all waves pushed. We took roshan after a pick off. It's was glorious.

18-1 OmniKnight with Surge and Ion Shell + Radiance
happytears.gif

Jfh2800.png

Did I missed all the drama?

Guys I won game. Carry Omni + Dark Seer vs TA/Brood
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Not a single person used voice. We worked as a nonstop ganking train and kept all waves pushed. We took roshan after a pick off. It's was glorious.

18-1 OmniKnight with Surge and Ion Shell + Radiance
happytears.gif

Jfh2800.png

Damn, I would unistall dota and never come back if I lost that many games in a row

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
yeah im actually done with dota for a while I think
I mean I had fun for the first time in forever, but it's not worth it

mfaex

incontrol talking about Grey Goo is amusing because as noted here on gaf, no one had heard of the game till it was right near release. Didn't have a smooth launch either as I recall.

Mordeccai

yeaaahh after my brief stint with dota since Friday I am now done until the end of the year as well.

tried to play mid silencer again after having fun last night, from minute 2 I had a CM and bounty just camping me middle after the enemy magnus whined in all chat about the match up due to me reking his shit at lvl 2. had a shitheel LC jungler, WR offlane feeding in a 1 v 1 match up with a night stalker.... 12-1 by 10 minutes. dumb game. I straight up just abandoned when they grouped as five at 12 minutes because I knew it was just going to be the same shit it is every fucking game, the team who gets early kills and just five mans is gonna roll all over you for 30 minutes and if you don't have anybody doing well in lane you're just fucked.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That I am.

I'm not afraid to bully people for their shit taste in anime.

JC Sera

Starcraft players have a hard time coming to terms that the game they play is super irrelevant. Let them have there own fun.
I'm sorry as a jock, bullying is just in my nature :^)

but seriously what happened to SC is pretty sad
like we complain about volvo a lot but it must be nothing compared to their pangs with blizzard
im going to attempt to not play dota for all of november.

going to play some divinity original sin, fallout and COD
smile.gif

majors will be my dota fix.

smile.gif
That was my plan but D:OS:EE doesn't come out for another 4-5 weeks for mac :')

bbd23

smile.gif

smile.gif

inkls

like we complain about volvo a lot but it must be nothing compared to their pangs with blizzard

I think the mentality probably didn't help either. So much Doom and gloom

Sibylus

Banned
SC2's problems I lay at the feet of a balance team who quite literally has no idea what they're doing, no idea what resonates with the community, and no idea how to keep the good changes before reverting them a week later.

Every time I think of the poor ways valve handing dota I like to think of the alt universe where blizzard is handing it and smile to myself

smile.gif

smile.gif
I'm gonna be playing less dota because school
cry.gif

sixghost

This sounds like a crotchety D&D 2e grognard chastising kids (especially kids who aren't typically "nerds") for having fun with D&D 3/4/5e

Do you even THACO

edit: I'm curious what the transition to from solo SC player to team Dota player must be like
I played Broodwar and SC2 for maybe 5 years before switching to Dota. The main difference is the value of mechanical skill vs game knowledge. You could make it to master league in SC2 by memorizing a few build orders per matchup and having good mechanical skill. Winning in Dota is more about strategy. You need to know when you can go for a kill, figure out where you can safely farm, when is the right time to gank. All of which you can do no matter whether you have 50 apm or 200.

If there's any one reason why DOTA/LoL is exploding and RTS games are dying is because of the stress that comes with playing solo for 20-30+ minutes. There's no one to blame when you lose in SC and it's a very solitary experience playing 1v1 ladder matches. Certain people prefer that, but the average person would rather go through that with 4 other people to share the burden.

Blizzard especially fucked up the social aspect of SC2. Even in old ass BW you could watch replays with other people and talk about what that person did wrong, or you could host 1v1 + obs games where two people would play and others would watch and talk about the game. SC2 had none of that at the beginning. They made a lonely game where all you could do was grind away at Ranked MM for hours.

Also, SC2 was just a shitty game. BW is one of the greatest MP games of all time, and SC2 is an imitation. The matchups had none of the personality that they did in BW. Every MU boiled down to 2 gigantic blobs of units running around the map and occasionally fighting. It got better in later versions, but the game was rotten to begin with. The genre was dead the second they stuck the knife in BW.

Top Bottom