• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
200k echo
laugh.gif

Oh I'm so scared...
jokes on u m8

nwEto4e.png

DrPizza

Banned
Yes, she actually is. She contributes more to fights than most people think even before Radiance/significant items. Every time I see a Spectre maxing Dagger or Desolate first I cry a little on the inside though.
Er... why?

Desolate is the only skill that makes sense to max first. Dispersion doesn't scale particularly well; a single point gives almost 50% of the value of the skill. Maxing dagger first is pointless because there's simply not enough mana to use it for anything other than daggering into trees to escape. Desolate makes those early clean-up kills easier to get, and speeds up farming.

Hylian7

Er... why?

Desolate is the only skill that makes sense to max first. Dispersion doesn't scale particularly well; a single point gives almost 50% of the value of the skill. Maxing dagger first is pointless because there's simply not enough mana to use it for anything other than daggering into trees to escape. Desolate makes those early clean-up kills easier to get, and speeds up farming.

Derp. Typo. I meant Dagger or Dispersion, not Desolate.

Desolate is what you SHOULD max.

shira

The BVIP seats look like they are too close to the stage.

What does the B stand for? Best?

There is also a $15,000 ballers-only Black VIP
UyRbWBf.jpg

- Marina Bay Sands hotel
- premium vehicle transpor
- first-classpackage
- 3 meals per day
- backstage VIP
- personal butler
- VIP Universal Studio ticket.

mozz_shopkeep.gif

Mordeccai

god damn life is strange. hits me right deep in the feels.

it makes me want to be a better person and a better friend to my old mates I've known from way back.

god damn life is strange. hits me right deep in the feels.

it makes me want to be a better person and a better friend to my old mates I've known from way back.

No joke. The dialogue is not always natural or subtle but it still manages to hit hard. I played the first part of episode 4 a few days ago and that messed me up.

Wok

It is so hard to win with Earth Spirit in pubs. I am trainining with the hero in Ranked mode (so that I am in Normal Skill Bracket instead of Very High Skill Bracket), and there have been two big problems so far: 1) most of the time, people do not let me mid or solo offlane, and the hero falls off due to not reaching level 6 fast enough, and 2) fights are usually uncoordinated so someone gets picked off at the secret shop just before we are supposed to defend high-ground and everyone go there to die 1 by 1, so I cannot save anyone and the game ends with an unsatisfying throw.

Out of the 11 games, I was solo offlane in one game (won), and mid in another game (won), every other game I was in a dual lane with a core. In the third game which was won, I managed to push a Doom on a cliff when fighting for the rune... plus we had a Spectre. The hero seems to shine with some good damage dealers like PA or Spectre.

The very worst though was playing against a Tiny who would blink and combo me at every opportunity.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It is so hard to win with Earth Spirit in pubs. I am trainining with the hero in Ranked mode (so that I am in Normal Skill Bracket instead of Very High Skill Bracket), and there have been two big problems so far: 1) most of the time, people do not let me mid or solo offlane, and the hero falls off due to not reaching level 6 fast enough, and 2) fights are usually uncoordinated so someone gets picked off at the secret shop just before we are supposed to defend high-ground and everyone go there to die 1 by 1, so I cannot save anyone and the game ends with an unsatisfying throw.
Have you tried killing their entire team with your ultimate every time it is off cooldown pre-25 minutes??
Also you sit 1200 range behind the person going to secret shop so this doesn't happen

Don't place any stones except 1 - 2 extra in lane to recharge, get your levels, then gank with people using slow into disable. You usually only need +1. Also you basically get to control every rune spawn.

I'd buy Urn -> Mobility / Veil as well then into something like Shivas. When Veil and your ulti damage start falling off then Aghs becomes more useful, so I feel like you should exploit your power window more.

I've seen retarded shit like shadowblade into SnY work too on him since you can chase forever with boulderslow

Wok

Have you tried killing their entire team with your ultimate every time it is off cooldown pre-25 minutes??
Also you sit 1200 range behind the person going to secret shop so this doesn't happen

Don't place any stones except 1 - 2 extra in lane to recharge, get your levels, then gank with people using slow into disable. You usually only need +1. Also you basically get to control every rune spawn.

I'd buy Urn -> Mobility / Veil as well then into something like Shivas. When Veil and your ulti damage start falling off then Aghs becomes more useful, so I feel like you should exploit your power window more.

I've seen retarded shit like shadowblade into SnY work too on him since you can chase forever with boulderslow

Regarding the throw, I was sitting high-ground and pinged them a few times, but I was out of position to save them when they were out of position themselves.

Regarding ganks with +1, this is what I did when I was solo, and it worked really well. Left offlane to gank mid with an invisibility rune, or left mid to gank offlane. The hero is amazing for that.

Regarding the itemization, I have found Force Staff ultra-core to be able to save myself from a Riki or to save allies in teamfights.
I have tried blink but it did not work out, I feel like Blink is mostly good with aghs to pick one ennemy off and throw it around the map.
Urn and Veil are pretty good, yeah.

Thanks for the tips. I will try them! Especially the "kill their team pre-25" with this combo:
When initiating for a major teamfight, it is best to use two Stone Remnants for the initial combo: place two Stone Remnants in your immediate vicinity, then cast Boulder Smash followed by Rolling Boulder. The knocked Stone Remnant will pass through and stun multiple enemies and come to a stop 2000 range away, while you quickly roll in and collide with the nearest enemy. Cast Magnetize at this point and then Geomagnetic Grip on the first Stone Remnant, bringing it close enough to spread the Magnetize debuff and silence all affected enemies. You then have up to 8 seconds to cast Rolling Boulder again using that Stone Remnant to apply a slow, and your remaining 4 Stone Remnants to refresh Magnetize's duration.

Now that I think about it, I max Pull first, then Push and finally Roll. I have however noticed that the best ES max Push first. Any idea why? Maybe just the 6.84 changes?
a206307.png

Also, I have noticed the best ES use this change to instantly push rocks and stun, which I have not, because I don't know what to do since I am using quickcast:
ILIOQFR.png

Same here:
By utilizing the delay on Rolling Boulder, it is possible to decrease the delay in executing a Remnant-augmented roll. Casting Rolling Boulder in the desired direction and then placing the Stone Remnant in Earth Spirit's path during the delay (remember that you can double-tap Stone Remnant), rather than placing the Remnant and then casting Rolling Boulder, can shave off time in the roll and allow Earth Spirit to execute the spell more quickly.
Maybe use alt+D to put the rock quicky?

Another thing is that I target the ground when I Push a Stone Remnant, but it seems one can target units. Is it to push the unit (which I sometimes do), or does it also work to push a rock at the unit (to stun)?

Hylian7

Regarding the throw, I was sitting high-ground and pinged them a few times, but I was out of position to save them when they were out of position themselves.

Regarding ganks with +1, this is what I did when I was solo, and it worked really well. Left offlane to gank mid with an invisibility rune, or left mid to gank offlane. The hero is amazing for that.

Regarding the itemization, I have found Force Staff ultra-core to be able to save myself from a Riki or to save allies in teamfights.
I have tried blink but it did not work out, I feel like Blink is mostly good with aghs to pick one ennemy off and throw it around the map.
Urn and Veil are pretty good, yeah.

Thanks for the tips. I will try them!

Now that I think about it, I max Pull first, then Push and finally Roll. I have however noticed that the best ES max Push first. Any idea why? Maybe just the 6.84 changes?
a206307.png

Also, I have noticed the best ES use this change to instantly push rocks and stun, which I have not, because I don't know what to do since I am using quickcast:
ILIOQFR.png

Maybe use alt+D to put the rock quicky?

Another thing is that I target the ground when I Push, but it seems one can target units. Is it to push the unit (which I sometimes do), or does it also work to push a rock at the unit (to stun)?

Boulder Smash gives you an actual disable. The stun duration scales with levels, so you want to max it first. You should max Geomagnetic Grip second of course.

The best combo, especially with the 6.85 quality of life change, is as follows.

Stone Remnant in front of you (double tap D) > Boulder Smash (click on ground in the direction you want it to go, it's okay to click past remnant, clicking ground kicks the nearest one) > When it hits your target(s), pull it back with Geomagnetic Grip > During pull start Rolling Boulder > Ult if you have it.

When you ult, you might only be able to hit one hero initially, but you should use a rock to spread it to others, and if your other spells are available, kick that rock for a good stun.

There's still a bug in Reborn with him where if you set a rock about 200 range from yourself (requiring you to move to kick it) and cast Boulder Smash on the ground, you walk halfway through the rock before kicking it. It's not as big of a deal with the double tap thing being available though.

Don't forget about the mechanic that if you silence someone with Magnetize on them, everyone with Magnetize on them is silenced.

I haven't tried it in Reborn yet, so I don't know if they fixed it, but you used to be able to kick the same rock you used to roll with, but it would be invisible. It was definitely a bug and probably was fixed in Reborn.

Wok

Thanks. I am also sharing the other tip which you gave me in chat:

vr9u5Ma.png

With my hotkey setting, it turns out that I have to press Alt+DD. I have D on quickcast and alt+D on normal cast. With DD, I put two rocks where my mouse cursor is.

the audio issues for this tournament are very annoying. either no commentary, no in game sounds, really loud in game sounds, one caster louder than the other...

Top Bottom