• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Sibylus

Banned
WTF Toriel told me to wait in the first room. I waited for a fucking hour and nothing happened
laugh.gif

When a game tells you to do something you don't want to do, you're supposed to disobey.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
laugh.gif

When a game tells you to do something you don't want to do, you're supposed to disobey.

This.

I blame quest tracking culture. We've become a generation of gamers who blindly follow the text and markers on the screen.

Cast off your yoke! Stray from the beaten path! Seize the agency that is rightfully yours, and can be once again!

Sibylus

Banned
Though to be fair, it amazes me that there are players out there who didn't disobey midway through Portal, they just figured being immolated was a good ending for them. That kind of self-made ending is kind of amazing, if not at all intended.

inkls

Though to be fair, it amazes me that there are players out there who didn't disobey midway through Portal, they just figured being immolated was a good ending for them. That kind of self-made ending is kind of amazing, if not at all intended.

that reminds me of some of the players who didn't like the stanley parable and just did exactly what the narrator told them.

Red UFO

My friends are really bad at Dota and I'm finding it harder and harder to have fun whilst playing with them. Do I need to get over myself or should I just accept it's a lost cause?

Red UFO

? Dota is only fun when you are winning, losing is cannot and will not ever be fun.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but the process of losing is really not fun. It takes a while and is just kinda frustrating after investing a a good chunk of time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think fun games are fun.

I don't mind losing games as long as the road to the loss was fun.

Those kinds of games are far and few in between, but my dissatsification comes not my loss, but that I played a game that was either oppressive, or wasteful.

Top Bottom