• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
It appears I suck when playing Dire this patch.

kcsLSm7.jpg

Such an extreme difference!

Dreavus

I've been seeing a ton of alch lately in pubs, especially the naga build (radiance, manta, bots, octarine). I was looking at the changes and the big bounty rune multiplier change was LAST patch (it got a small buff this patch), so why is he so popular now?

I am going to hazard a guess that some pro matches have been seeing that hero recently?

bbd23

I've been seeing a ton of alch lately in pubs, especially the naga build (radiance, manta, bots, octarine). I was looking at the changes and the big bounty rune multiplier change was LAST patch (it got a small buff this patch), so why is he so popular now?

I am going to hazard a guess that some pro matches have been seeing that hero recently?

5x is a pretty big difference and acid spray

yes. pro dota.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Take it holistically. What happened to mid lane in 6.85? The uber int carries were nerfed to the ground, only QoP remains, and that and the buffs gave Alch enough room to shine.

And yeah streams and memes.

kionedrik

The same thing happened in 6.83 thanks to the Alch aghs change but the idea was dropped because he couldn't lane anywhere.
Since some of his most notable mid counterparts where nerfed in 6.84 he can at least lane there and get his snowball going.

imho this is just a early patch fad that won't go anywhere significant.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
How would you guys itemize undying? I've been playing him a little lately and just building crimson guard (faced physical damage lineups) then aghs (there's usually another mek carrier). My thought it to just build him tanking and let him soak up damage while just decaying with aghs and letting tombstone do its work. For some reason I'm just blanking on endgame items.

I really like playing him with some farm priority and just going straight arcanes ---> aghs ---> whatever your team needs ---> octarine core.

That aghs is so incredibly powerful if you get it early, decay essentially becomes a better 350+ damage nuke and just getting two decays off on a support (and even some carries) often leaves them with less than 50% of their max hp. Three? They won't survive but it's still hilarious that they were left with like 200-300 max HP. Not to mention you are now a walking colossus with 2500+ hp 15 minutes in the game. Such a game winning item if you can farm it before 18 minutes.

I'm late as hell on this but when is DC disbanding? I'm watching the noobfromau video right now and everything they are doing is a god damn train wreck

Russ T

Banned
I only saw it today because of your post and I had to go back multiple pages to find the reason!

Texted him: "So are you dying"

He said: "Sort of. I should be better tomorrow"

Visit accomplished. We are good friends.

Wok

I doubt most of the people who said that were 6k

It is not what they are, it is what they think they are.

I am 2.7K but I know I think I belong to 6K. Easily.

When I watch Purge, all I see is a guy who makes mistakes and explicitly points out his mistakes. Who makes mistakes? Not me.

Ey guys, I am watching the VODS of the Nanyang Championship for Team Secret and I see a Standin. Haven't seen much Pro Dota since The TI5, though EE was the carry of Team Secret now. It's EE, no? Why that name?

The first game against DC was a trashing wow. Seems like a fun team, especially this W33haa guy. Sad EG is not here.

Baha

Ey guys, I am watching the VODS of the Nanyang Championship for Team Secret and I see a Standin. Haven't seen much Pro Dota since The TI5, though EE was the carry of Team Secret now. It's EE, no? Why that name?

The first game against DC was a trashing wow. Seems like a fun team, especially this W33haa guy. Sad EG is not here.

It's EE, blame admins for not forcing players to use their names.

I only saw it today because of your post and I had to go back multiple pages to find the reason!

Texted him: "So are you dying"

He said: "Sort of. I should be better tomorrow"

Visit accomplished. We are good friends.

ask him if hes going to be available to crush our ihl opponent this week.

Purge seems like a nice dude.

bad caster though

but nice dude.

and he doesn't fume too much when losing, which is a useful skill for new players to try and internalize.

but he's a bad caster.

he seems nice at least

Quesa

Remember purge is not as good as Arteezy so he has no right to commentate on things or offer advice or really talk about the game at all

either someone has been hammering for like four hours now or they're practicing basketball REALLY hard

The two don't have to mutually exclusive nah mean

JC Sera

A lot of the dota artists I follow on tumblr have gotten into undertale and have been drawing that and getting followers
and one of them has been getting asks along the lines of "I love your undertale stuff keep it up

Dota is really confusing"

How mad should I be if a Clinkz builds soul ring treads aquila butterfly?

[On a scale from not mad at all that's a good build to eternal flame baby]

JC Sera

all the time

couple pages ago we talked about him
some mornings I just skip to the last page
:p

purge is great tho
but I'm a big fan of mellow casting
I actually fall asleep listening to podcasts and dota casts, like I'm interested but its very calming

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
we went to a restaurant and i really fancied our server and on the bill it said his name was DUKE BRAVERY and even though it's fake it makes him hotter somehow????

kionedrik

it's almost like some people just like/dislike like purge and like/dislike envy
surprise.gif

True but with those two it's something different.

Purge was the one that taught me how to play so that might cloud my judgement. It was his videos that made me understand a ton of concepts that otherwise I doubt I'd ever realize were there. Is he the best player around? No! Is it warranted to be called bad? I genuinely doubt it. Maybe I missed something he said/did in the past that would change my perspective on his character.

Same feeling towards Envy but reversed. Every time I was unlucky enough to watch his stream he was behaving like a child, screaming his lungs out and bossing random people around. Whenever I watch his team I honestly don't see why he's considered a top tier carry, it always seemed to me he is the one being carried. I'm not saying he's bad just that he's the weakest link in the teams I saw him play (C9 and Secret). Do people enjoy his fuck-ups? Or are just drawn to his persona? I honestly don't know hence why I question the "love" he gets.

inkls

True but with those two it's something different.

Purge was the one that taught me how to play so that might cloud my judgement. It was his videos that made me understand a ton of concepts that otherwise I doubt I'd ever realize were there. Is he the best player around? No! Is it warranted to be called bad? I genuinely doubt it. Maybe I missed something he said/did in the past that would change my perspective on his character.

Same feeling towards Envy but reversed. Every time I was unlucky enough to watch his stream he was behaving like a child, screaming his lungs out and bossing random people around. Whenever I watch his team I honestly don't see why he's considered a top tier carry, it always seemed to me he is the one being carried. I'm not saying he's bad just that he's the weakest link in the teams I saw him play (C9 and Secret). Do people enjoy his fuck-ups? Or are just drawn to his persona? I honestly don't know hence why I question the "love" he gets.

Personally its a mix of how honest he is in his interviews and to try to counterbalance the vitriol.

The M.O.B

How would you guys itemize undying? I've been playing him a little lately and just building crimson guard (faced physical damage lineups) then aghs (there's usually another mek carrier). My thought it to just build him tanking and let him soak up damage while just decaying with aghs and letting tombstone do its work. For some reason I'm just blanking on endgame items.

GG boots are core on him, don't let another person build it on your team. If you can have a ranged carry sitting behind him, it's over. Endgame items on him should be Heart and shivas definitely. Octarine or Lotus orb also nice depending on the game.

Top Bottom