• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Acinixys

Take it holistically. What happened to mid lane in 6.85? The uber int carries were nerfed to the ground, only QoP remains, and that and the buffs gave Alch enough room to shine.

And yeah streams and memes.

Jokes aside the solo mid radiance rush Alch is really good in (my 4K MMR) pubs

My fastest timing so far is an 8 min Radi

Thats an insane amount of damage output at 10 mins

Around the time his immortal was released
I thought the item changed the icons at first but it was just a stealth upgrade.

More like downgrade!

tumblr_nsedv9CuIF1rql04vo1_1280.png

I'm mostly kidding, but the tide's original ability icons where my favorites in all of dota. Why did tide get this treatment and not heroes with actually shitty icons (pugna, dazzle, clock, chen)? The only thing I can think of is that the silhouette in kraken shell's icon looks a little off.

Artanisix

True but with those two it's something different.

Purge was the one that taught me how to play so that might cloud my judgement. It was his videos that made me understand a ton of concepts that otherwise I doubt I'd ever realize were there. Is he the best player around? No! Is it warranted to be called bad? I genuinely doubt it. Maybe I missed something he said/did in the past that would change my perspective on his character.

Same feeling towards Envy but reversed. Every time I was unlucky enough to watch his stream he was behaving like a child, screaming his lungs out and bossing random people around. Whenever I watch his team I honestly don't see why he's considered a top tier carry, it always seemed to me he is the one being carried. I'm not saying he's bad just that he's the weakest link in the teams I saw him play (C9 and Secret). Do people enjoy his fuck-ups? Or are just drawn to his persona? I honestly don't know hence why I question the "love" he gets.

Envy is definitely one of the best carries around right now. Is he a calculated player who mega farms silently, expertly avoiding all encounters until his time has come? No. But that's not the kind of carry Secret needed to succeed with. Envy does a lot of weird shit and he's even more aggressive than Xboct when he needs to be. He's the one creating space for misery and w33 in the early game. He's a fucking good shotcaller. You may think he's bossy, but he knows what calls to make. And he innovates and introduces a lot of counters to meta heroes i.e. Spectre spam against Bounty.

Purge is a pervert and has a nasty mustache and sucks.

JC Sera

More like downgrade!

tumblr_nsedv9CuIF1rql04vo1_1280.png

I'm mostly kidding, but the tide's original ability icons where my favorites in all of dota. Why did tide get this treatment and not heroes with actually shitty icons (pugna, dazzle, clock, chen)? The only thing I can think of is that the silhouette in kraken shell's icon looks a little off.
wait gush wasn't a shadow tide in the water
I've been decieved
dac15_water.gif

How would you guys itemize undying? I've been playing him a little lately and just building crimson guard (faced physical damage lineups) then aghs (there's usually another mek carrier). My thought it to just build him tanking and let him soak up damage while just decaying with aghs and letting tombstone do its work. For some reason I'm just blanking on endgame items.
Rob / stout / mana boot / point booster / medallion / scepter / whatever your team needs (sheep, veil, shivas, diffusal) late game octarine to seal the deal

DrPizza

Banned
What is this in reference to? Being away from constant internet/dota suuuuucks ;_;

I assume the desks are higher and don't show the lower half of the analysts.

But of course Toby has to turn this non-event into an excuse to be a lecherous creep.

Currently playing hte worst game of dota I have played in the past couple months

our carry doesnt want to push and keeps farming. He could have ended this 40 minutes ago

TUSR

Banned
Because of the way the regular season worked out, the seeding for the playoffs became convoluted which relied on tie breakers to solve tie breakers.

We decided if we were to include all 5 teams from each division a majority of the tie breaker dependent seeding sorted itself out and didn't rely on KDA from matches the second dependent team didn't partake in.

By extending the playoffs by 1 week, the fairness in seeding based on regular season performance against a teams whole division increased.

Therefore, this weekend we are going to have 4A vs. 5B and 5A vs. 4B

Pastafarian vs. Dreams
Jambi vs. Freakinchair

After this weekend, everything will proceed normally.

-First place teams from their respective divisions choose their cross division opponents.
-Single elimination BO3
-Grand Final BO5

Artanisix

Because of the way the regular season worked out, the seeding for the playoffs became convoluted which relied on tie breakers to solve tie breakers.

We decided if we were to include all 5 teams from each division a majority of the tie breaker dependent seeding sorted itself out and didn't rely on KDA from matches the second dependent team didn't partake in.

By extending the playoffs by 1 week, the fairness in seeding based on regular season performance against a teams whole division increased.

Therefore, this weekend we are going to have 4A vs. 5B and 5A vs. 4B

Pastafarian vs. Dreams
Jambi vs. Freakinchair

After this weekend, everything will proceed normally.

-First place teams from their respective divisions choose their cross division opponents.
-Single elimination BO3
-Grand Final BO5

we fucking lost team,

i'm not playing no dating sim

I just search for "genius/adult/not imprisoned" in the character directory and then send my 3k viking stack to go and get me some concubines, that's only a dating sim if you're some weirdo anime creep

then I go seduce all my vassals' wives and then 10 years later I change my focus to war and tell all these butthurt beta dukes to fight me 1v1

And then the pope declares a crusade on germany and then I'm like "nah dawg" and send one of my 15k stacks to go and siege the shit out of Rome because it's a real man's game

Top Bottom