• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
If you expect another multi hero update ever again I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment big time.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I want a hot ryu set on one of the heroes

Like enchantress

Orb walking is animation canceling with a side effect of orb effects do not pull agro. You orb walk so you can attack and move which cancels out the backswing animation and get closer to your moving target.

gai_shain

Orb walking is animation canceling with a side effect of orb effects do not pull agro. You orb walk so you can attack and move which cancels out the backswing animation and get closer to your moving target.

You can also do that without casting any orbs though.
So I dont agree that animation canceling is the primary effect that should be talked about when talking about orb walking.

Skelter

Banned
So I've been wanting to get back into Dota 2 again but I'm getting a really shity framerate. I have Titan X SLI and 5820k @4.4ghz. What could possible be the issue here?

Kade

So I've been wanting to get back into Dota 2 again but I'm getting a really shity framerate. I have Titan X SLI and 5820k @4.4ghz. What could possible be the issue here?

Do you have V-Sync disabled? If so, enable the frame counter. If it says you're getting more than 60 FPS but looks like it's running at way less than that, enable V-Sync. I had an issue with my GTX 970 where it said I was getting 100+ FPS but it looked like 20-30. Enabling V-Sync fixed that.

gai_shain

i do it all the time in league

So you disagree with yourself and you dont actually orb walk to attack and move because its entirely possible without orbs? Or am I misunderstanding you here?
e: to be fair I have no idea how creep aggro works in lol so I might be misunderstanding you

Elitro

diretide and pit lord tomorrow

you heard it here first

It ain't legit until Inkls says so
dac15_fantastic.gif

Auteezy

Banned
after asking the 8-ball about pitlord and diretide tomorrow it said: Outlook Not Good

however, I think there is a chance of dota 2 network going down and "it's happening" ron paul memes during that time

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
When was the last time we even got a fucking hero?? Wyvern? That shit was almost a year ago wtf. Where's the outrage?

edit: Oh and put fucking Kaolin in god damned CM while you're at it. Who gives a shit if he's over powered, it'll be nice watching all the pro teams scramble to find someone on their shitty roster that can play the damn thing.

Skelter

Banned
Did you turn vsync off? I know that causes problems for some people.

Do you have V-Sync disabled? If so, enable the frame counter. If it says you're getting more than 60 FPS but looks like it's running at way less than that, enable V-Sync. I had an issue with my GTX 970 where it said I was getting 100+ FPS but it looked like 20-30. Enabling V-Sync fixed that.

Yeah, it's off. I have a XB270HU so it's never on in games but I tried it. Nothing. Feels terrible to play.

How reliable is the skill bracket thing in dotabuff anyways? I had a bunch of games jumping between normal/high/very high for a while and it didn't really feel connected to how good the players in the game were. Is it something derived by an outside formula or is it an inherent part of valve's matchmaking algorithm?

How reliable is the skill bracket thing in dotabuff anyways? I had a bunch of games jumping between normal/high/very high for a while and it didn't really feel connected to how good the players in the game were. Is it something derived by an outside formula or is it an inherent part of valve's matchmaking algorithm?

It's hard to say. The last vhs game I played (according to dotabuff) had a medusa actually thinking about her skill build and not following a guide (which is something I never saw a 2k) but at the same time I saw some pretty bad positioning from the enemy at times

TUSR

Banned
Yeah, it's off. I have a XB270HU so it's never on in games but I tried it. Nothing. Feels terrible to play.

its your gsync settings

the latest drivers (358.50) broke it

try running the game in full screen exclusive mode and not windowed

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
new client is quite nice.

talking over 6.85 with a friend since it's new to me and he thinks this is the most balanced patch of dota yet. thoughts?

shira

LB bo1
t1446091200z4.png

cdec vs lgd

LB #2 bo3

t1446096600z4.png

vp vs liquid

LB #2 bo1
t1446102900z4.png

ehome vs (winnder cdec vs lgd)

UB semis bo3
t1446109200z4.png

secret vs vg

Auteezy

Banned

has to do with mmr. I think normal is up to 3.3k, then 3.3k-3.7k is high and 3.7k+ is very high, keep in mind this is the average mmr of the game so you can be 3.8k in a high skill because the average is 3.6k

you can also be 2k rmm mmr but your hidden unranked mmr may be up to 3.5k and you are in high skill games in unranked

has to do with mmr. I think normal is up to 3.3k, then 3.3k-3.7k is high and 3.7k+ is very high, keep in mind this is the average mmr of the game so you can be 3.8k in a high skill because the average is 3.6k

you can also be 2k rmm mmr but your hidden unranked mmr may be up to 3.5k and you are in high skill games in unranked

But is that something dotabuff is extracting from actual matchmaking data or something they derived themselves? Like is dotabuff just calculating it from average gpm or taking the average ranked mmr of players, or can they access the actual pieces of the valve matchmaking that produced these games?

It's just weird to queue solo unranked and have one game in normal and the next game in very high and feel absolutely no difference in average player skill

Top Bottom