• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Chris R

Sucks soooooo much I'm not home until Tuesday :( Austin was a bunch of fun but I want doto now

Now to read notes/patches/ect about this new thing.

Auteezy

Banned
Thx jesus for the doom nerf, the hero was so fucking insufferable every fuckng game asashfshsfahsdfh

He's still super good the nerfs were really small, scepter is still super good (it's still like twice as long on average plus remove passives), but a little less stupid, and i guess you'll get it now only if the break is useful in the game as opposed to every single game. Scorched earth is 3 dot less, and 10 s more cd which can be noticeable but not really changing anything. The hero play the same as before, actually he's even slightly better in the offlane lol.

Brood change is also really welcome now for supports that they maybe don't instadie when brood get lvl3.

they nerfed every part of him he's slightly worse in the offlane and that's about it. You can say aghs is more situational to buy after shivas instead of buying it before in many cases. It's still good for the indefinite time it lasts and you need it late game vs shit like specter or pl or other carries that get like 3k hp and can't afford to focus down during a big fight so you doom them, keep it refreshed and kill their team

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
oh hey doom nerf, whats the next op hero in line to be 1st p/b?

I mean idk what you expect bro, there will always be a popular, relatively strong hero out there as long as we have hero diversity. The hope is that the overly annoying/frustrating heroes are nerfed in an appropriate manner in a somewhat decent time frame. Doom was pretty much the only standout frustrating hero of this patch to me imo, whereas last patch BS/storm/lesh/lina were all very annoying. Sure, heroes like slar/tusk/undying are probably going to remain fp/fb, but they aren't nearly as annoying as the monsters of last patch, and nowhere near as frustrating as doom.

Fucking doom could fucking 1v2 in the offlane and get full xp and farm in many cases. Not to mention he pretty much guarantees the late game and any monkey playing doom can just completely invalidate any amount of farm/"skill"--you are doooooooooooomeeeeeeeeeddd lamo. No other hero is going to take that place for the remainder of this patch.

I love how reddit is already whining that doom is overnerfed
. He got off pretty easy imo.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
remember how there was one female character in the game who wore sensible armour and didn't have her tiddies out and valve realised their oversight and released an arcana where she's wearing some kind of bodysuit and her hips are locked into an anatomically impossible sexy pose

good times

Russ T

Banned
remember how there was one female character in the game who wore sensible armour and didn't have her tiddies out and valve realised their oversight and released an arcana where she's wearing some kind of bodysuit and her hips are locked into an anatomically impossible sexy pose

good times

there's still lc at least? ):

also broodmother, but i guess she's been naked this whole time, a real shame

Artanisix

I mean idk what you expect bro, there will always be a popular, relatively strong hero out there as long as we have hero diversity. The hope is that the overly annoying/frustrating heroes are nerfed in an appropriate manner in a somewhat decent time frame. Doom was pretty much the only standout frustrating hero of this patch to me imo

but u pick doom every game?????

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
but u pick doom every game?????

yah i liked abusing doom does that mean i have to pretend like he's not OP to make myself feel better or sumtin ???? na im shameless, doom was fucking dumb and OP and i loved abusing that shit. eat armor or regen creep, acquire fast level 2, become unkillable, kill safe lane when support leaves or acts stupid--same thing every game no risk eZ. and like auteezy pointed out that aspect of him isn't even really nerfed which is great. kept his new strength

also picking him means you don't have to play against him

shira

Downloads update

- custom game where everyone just quits
- Anuxi sets hidden behind paywalls

Turns off Dota

G.ZZZ

Doom's problem was not the how strong he actually was, more of how annoying he was (doom is an inherently shitty ability but w/e) combined with how much he was picked in pubs. The nerfs were also still extremely little, more of a "stop picking this hero every game he's boring as shit" than a "nerf this".

Also buff LC.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
That feeling when you're on a clock due to enemy AA/Alch picks and only having Ember as the other carry, only everyone keeps feeding the enemy Invoker, incidentally buying space for Alch to get huge.

To be fair, he had a disruptor and AA backing him up, and I was admittedly rusty on Ursa and missed a few opportunities to capitalize after some early ganks....

But I don't think anything's raised my blood pressure more in recent memory, lol.

Also buff LC.

Yes please.

TUSR

Banned
if you have the infused new lina set and her arcana equipped

the game crashes when you inspect her in the armory.

Baha

anyone seen the new sets infused? trying to figure out where to put my little kits.

You can actually preview the infused versions of the sets if you actually own them, just click on the 2nd version of the set under sets owned and you should be able to check the alternate style which is the infused version. From there you can click on the Demo Hero button to see it in game.

You can actually preview the infused versions of the sets if you actually own them, just click on the 2nd version of the set under sets owned and you should be able to check the alternate style which is the infused version. From there you can click on the Demo Hero button to see it in game.
I must have been doing it wrong. I was getting a pop up telling me it needed tube infused first. I'll try again. Ty.

JC Sera

are compendium points tradeable? And are the feather tributes tradeable?
if so I i'm level 50 but I need to open one more tribute chest to get another infuser,
I get the next beak tribute at level 60 and the next feather tribute at 70

I got the set I wanted from the the feather tribute so willing to trade the feather tribute for 20 levels worth of compendium points
like the kinds you get from drops or the cache

ofcourse knowing valve I doubt those two things are giftable/tradeable

Top Bottom