• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

shira

wait can you not buy these treasures normally? are they compendium level exclusive??

Yes, they fucked us over.
They are marketable December 31, 2015

Nanyangs BO3 LB Semi and Final

Liquid vs Ehome (Loser get $10k)
Winner vs VG (Loser gets 25k)

Winner plays Secret BO5 on Saturday night/Sunday morning

JC Sera

bob ross is anti-creativity.
tumblr_m1ttt5fhfe1rsme9wo1_500_by_themuppetstonight-d8my3h7.gif

I realize that this whole "Economy inside video games" shit is new, but fucking over your customers in order to test new shit is a terrible business plan
It isn't new. Valve was doing great from like '09-'13 with TF2, Dota and CS:Go. Items were rare. Items had value. You didn't feel like you were going to be fucked no matter what came out of a chest. The community decided what was of value, what should be a common currency. Trading websites and trading servers grew, flourished and provided a fun additional experience.

Only over the last 12-18 months or so have they fucked everything up. Each economy change worse than the one before it. I don't know what's going on over there anymore.

Sibylus

Banned
It isn't new. Valve was doing great from like '09-'13 with TF2, Dota and CS:Go. Items were rare. Items had value. You didn't feel like you were going to be fucked no matter what came out of a chest. The community decided what was of value, what should be a common currency. Trading websites and trading servers grew, flourished and provided a fun additional experience.

Only over the last 12-18 months or so have they fucked everything up. Each economy change worse than the one before it. I don't know what's going on over there anymore.
Varoufakis left to be a minister in Greece's government, didn't he? Doubt many at Valve have his expertise with economics.

:D

Varoufakis left to be a minister in Greece's government, didn't he? Doubt many at Valve have his expertise with economics.

True but...I guess my issue is that it wasn't broken. Dota 2's economy was fine from 2012-2014. Then they started over-reacting to the scumbag traders and then got greedy themselves. Tough it is also true that Dota 2's economy was going to be quite different from TF2's or CSGo's because of the sheer volume of items sold.

Wok

:D

True but...I guess my issue is that it wasn't broken. Dota 2's economy was fine from 2012-2014. Then they started over-reacting to the scumbag traders and then got greedy themselves. Tough it is also true that Dota 2's economy was going to be quite different from TF2's or CSGo's because of the sheer volume of items sold.

The bad changes came shortly after Varoufakis left Valve. I remember noticing that at that time. Whoever took his place has more Zynga knowledge than Economy knowlede.

I really wanted the Lina and PA sets, but making them locked behind the compendium and a random chance to drop is terrible :/ Sorry Anuxi, I was looking forward to combining the PA set with the Arcana too!

Mohasus

my lv 1 phantom rush stout shield 5 mangos zoning supp PL didn't work

i'm sorry i failed you CLQ

a guy wrote a comment in spanish in my profile just to insult me

and another one added me to do the same

LaWeaFomeCuliao
la ktmr caga dotas sin cerebro hijo de puta

icefrog points srs business

JC Sera

I need that PA set...
Are the chests giftable I noticed that they were available on the market
I'm level 50 so 20 levels off from the next one

I got the set I wanted, so if I manage to get to 70 I'll do a giveaway of my my next feather tribute to gaf

edit: went into dota, its no longer showing $5.07 on the market, but "compendium only :T

Hylian7

my lv 1 phantom rush stout shield 5 mangos zoning supp PL didn't work

i'm sorry i failed you CLQ

a guy wrote a comment in spanish in my profile just to insult me

and another one added me to do the same

LaWeaFomeCuliao
la ktmr caga dotas sin cerebro hijo de puta

icefrog points srs business
Wat

I had a game earlier where a Bloodseeker on my team kept Bloodraging our Night Stalker. NS asked him to stop because be couldn't deal with the extra damage taken. BS said it didn't make you take extra damage and to "read the skill, it changed". I read it out loud, proving him wrong yet he still kept using it on NS. NS disabled help on him and right before a team fight BS pauses and tells NS to uncheck disable help. NS of course did not oblige.
We won

It's always so weird to get teammates that actually believe a skill works differently than it actually does. Not necessarily little things what can and can't be disjointed, but basics of how the skill works. Examples being the Bloodrage thing I just mentioned and the time a teammate believed there was no way to tell Terrorblade's illusions apart from the real one.

Mohasus

every once in a while I get tired of playing the common support heroes, so I just random.

I had great success with some unusual heroes (3W 1L with qop supp), but others were complete failures (DK and PL for now).

You are playing against ehome
You dont ban tusk because you can counter it
Ehome instantly picks tusk
You ban tusk next game so you dont get completely fucked again

JC Sera

playing haunted colosseum
the pendulum is so fucking hilarious, even when it kills your own guys

I want a new hero with pendulum as ulti

funkypie

Banned
is there hope that dota2 custom games will hit the peak of warcraft 3 customs?

Nothing on the custom list takes my fancy currently. I want to see shit like resident evil, dark deeds and a proper 3v3 TD etc.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm announcing my retirement from dota 2 to concentrate on become a starcraft 2 pro

all my future ihl games to be played in starcraft 2, thanks

Top Bottom