• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Red UFO

This

She needs so much farm to become scary

I agree that Shackle needs tweaking. Ive seen some seriously BS shackles in my time.
This. There have been plenty of times where I've seen shackles where the only reasonable response is "WTF" but apart from that...

FACE

Banned
As some of you know already, I've had a painful end to a 9 year long relationship recently and it has been slowly taking its toll on me. I am feeling more and more depressed. As such, I've decided to go back to Morocco to spend some time with family & friends over there. I also landed a job over there so I'm staying there for a while, as long as necessary for my wounds to heal.

I love Canada, I graduated here and I'm proud of my time here. I'm going to come back soon I hope, but it's time for a change of pace. 26 year old and back to live with my parents for a while after leaving at 16, it's going to feel weird!

This means I will probably not be able to play with you guys for a while (until I get internet set up) and I doubt I will be able to play on us east/west so I wanted to thank everyone for the time spent playing this game on those servers with me, it was truly great!

I've met a lot of cool peeps here, a lot I would definitely call friends. I hope to meet some of you at some majors, or ti one day. My focus right now will be on trying to get better, I've had this huge emptiness in me since my break up and it just keeps on growing.

I leave on the 18th. I will obviously keep following dota and the community here and maybe, just maybe, you'll see me soon on eu servers. Inflated MMR here I come!

Hope you get better soon, senpai~. Your mid Oracle will forever live on in my memory.

Elitro

Madouu, i hope your soul recovery is as swift as the wolves of icewrack
smile.gif

word. I've seen enough failshackles in my day to say she's just fine. well...maybe with a small nerf to the range of the shackle latch. I think I've seen some 600-700 range latches lately. Or maybe keep the range but narrow the cone a little. Otherwise, WR is love.

yeah the range is fine, its cone that's making some silly latches.

dreams rip :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
As some of you know already, I've had a painful end to a 9 year long relationship recently and it has been slowly taking its toll on me. I am feeling more and more depressed. As such, I've decided to go back to Morocco to spend some time with family & friends over there. I also landed a job over there so I'm staying there for a while, as long as necessary for my wounds to heal.

I love Canada, I graduated here and I'm proud of my time here. I'm going to come back soon I hope, but it's time for a change of pace. 26 year old and back to live with my parents for a while after leaving at 16, it's going to feel weird!

This means I will probably not be able to play with you guys for a while (until I get internet set up) and I doubt I will be able to play on us east/west so I wanted to thank everyone for the time spent playing this game on those servers with me, it was truly great!

I've met a lot of cool peeps here, a lot I would definitely call friends. I hope to meet some of you at some majors, or ti one day. My focus right now will be on trying to get better, I've had this huge emptiness in me since my break up and it just keeps on growing.

I leave on the 18th. I will obviously keep following dota and the community here and maybe, just maybe, you'll see me soon on eu servers. Inflated MMR here I come!

best of luck duder, sorry to hear you're feeling depressed. you're being proactive about it though, that's the best thing to do.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It took many years for WR to become a good mid, chill out and embrace your ginger mid shacklelords.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are there no booths? Or are those noise cancelling forcefield headlights?

inkls

This

She needs so much farm to become scary

I agree that Shackle needs tweaking. Ive seen some seriously BS shackles in my time.

All she needs to do major damage is aghs + crystalys (6320 gold).

Remember last patch when storm needed to build a 4.9k gold item to go online which gave no damage?

Aghs has a super easy buildup and only needing aghs and one damage item to start destroying people is not what I'd call needing alot of farm.

Its not like she's powerless before she gets those. Powershot is a good farming tool and good damage. Windrun makes it so easy to escape or manfight.

Even if she has a 49% overall according to dotabuff. They also say she has a 57% wr when she has aghs, her first major item. Thats alot of farm.

Then you consider stuff for her winrate like support wr who go force staff/mek.

then you look at her stats gain, 2.5 str, 2.6 int. But wait she only has a 1.4 agi gain so her attack speed sucks, oh wait...

Remember last patch when storm needed to build a 4.9k gold item to go online which gave no damage?

Aghs has a super easy buildup and only needing aghs and one damage item to start destroying people is not what I'd call needing alot of farm.

Its not like she's powerless before she gets those. Powershot is a good farming tool and good damage. Windrun makes it so easy to escape or manfight.

Even if she has a 49% overall according to dotabuff. They also say she has a 57% wr when she has aghs, her first major item. Thats alot of farm.

then you look at her stats gain, 2.5 str, 2.6 int. But wait she only has a 1.4 agi gain so her attack speed sucks, oh wait...
The Storm comparison just makes no sense, the heroes do wildly different things. In what world is it not okay to do big damage after farming 6.4k gold? Even after that she's still extremely weak to magic burst, has no mobility options unless she uses her Windrun offensively which leaves her wide open to get destroyed AND her damage is all single target that she can only focus on one hero every 15 seconds.

Yeah she has a higher winrate when she gets her first big item but no shit, you could say that about every hero. Also her mid winrate is still sub 50% so that support argument is a no-go.

inkls

The Storm comparison just makes no sense, the heroes do wildly different things. In what world is it not okay to do big damage after farming 6.4k gold? Even after that she's still extremely weak to magic burst, has no mobility options unless she uses her Windrun offensively which leaves her wide open to get destroyed AND her damage is all single target that she can only focus on one hero every 15 seconds.

Yeah she has a higher winrate when she gets her first big item but no shit, you could say that about every hero. Also her mid winrate is still sub 50% so that support argument is a no-go.

Big damage with one utility item and one damage item which you can also apply to towers so pushing is easy.

Only needing one damage item means you're free to get whatever you want if not more damage like blink/shadowblade like most windrangers so her lack of mobility while she already has a mobility spell is pretty moot or bkb to negate her weakness to magic burst.

Can't really count her ult downtime as 15 seconds unless she instagibs the hero she ulted. She still deletes the hero she focuses with her ult no problem, on a 15 sec cooldown.

Thats like saying doom is irrelevant because his equivalent of a delete hero button has a 100 sec cooldown. Her ult is 15 seconds and it lasts 20 seconds, still more than 100% uptime, which you can use on towers.

Oh woe of windranger, so weak.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Storm was online before you got a bloodstone, and his flash farm was good enough that he could get it very quickly.

WR is still good though, let's not go there.

She was the exact same last patch and she has unremarkable winrates in pubs as well as pro games. If anything, she's finally not shit since two patches.

73V3N

Banned
Called mid, some guy picks OD, so I pick a support instead, and he said OH BUT IM NOT GOING MID IM OFFLANE OD.

then he proceeds to get a 30 minutes shadowblade.

is there someone "famous" using that build or something?
I think it's not the first time I see it.

this was a ranked match btw

Called mid, some guy picks OD, so I pick a support instead, and he said OH BUT IM NOT GOING MID IM OFFLANE OD.

then he proceeds to get a 30 minutes shadowblade.

is there someone "famous" using that build or something?
I think it's not the first time I see it.

this was a ranked match btw

SLASHERS WAY

Icefrog its time... buff the Puck

When was the last time that hero was good anyway? TI3?

Top Bottom