• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Auteezy

Banned
I don't think giving Agi/Int is the way to go, otherwise it would be the go to item on a ton of heroes. It's a strength item simply because it's basically a "health gamble".

Honestly my issue with current Armlet is that I just get overwhelmed trying to manage it. If you mistime it and are mid toggle, a regular ~300 damage nuke can still fuck you up mid toggle. In a teamfight I'm trying to manage targets, watch everyone and everything that is happening, all while trying to keep track of what my HP is at and how much I have lost while Armlet is on, and what spells have been cast by the enemy so I know when to toggle. If there's any kind of poison thing in the mix (Venomancer, Viper, etc.), I'm even more afraid to toggle it just because the gain isn't instant, and some of the larger ticks can still mess me up. Maybe the only real solution is to load up a practice game and practice vs stuff like Gale, Poison Nova, Viper Strike, Shadowstrike, Poison Attack, etc.

Also it kind of sucks that AA basically makes Armlet worthless.

I played a game as CK earlier, and one of the mistakes I made was picking up Armlet to begin with. I probably could have just gotten more stats and been fine, because I felt like most of the fights I failed at were because of my Armlet.

Then again, you really don't see Armlet pickups very often these days, even in the pro scene. Part of me wishes they would change it back to be instant, but nerf how much Strength you get from it.

I don't think we need to go back to WODOTA TOP 10 ARMLET TOGGLES featuring #1 as an Armlet SF.

instant hp will always be op. Don't bash an item just because of your inability to use it.

You can even say "Also it kind of sucks that AA basically makes mekanism/guadian greaves worthless."

Acinixys

I don't think we need to go back to WODOTA TOP 10 ARMLET TOGGLES featuring #1 as an Armlet SF.

headshot.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZsoa2OXbZs
headshot.gif

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
So 2250 is the 50th percentile for mmr? I always thought it was around 2.8k mmr...

So 2250 is the 50th percentile for mmr? I always thought it was around 2.8k mmr...

Possibly. Depends on whether you take only ranked or ranked as well as unranked into account. This is still the best thread on that:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2wjo81/725_of_all_games_are_in_normal_bracket_155_in/

Average MMR is possibly still pretty close to what it was 2 years ago if you take all games (ranked and unranked) into account. Ranked matchmaking excludes new players so it might be skewed a little in favour of higher MMRs.

I've also read a few things on ELO distribution on that subreddit and if I got that correctly, I think ELO inflates slightly over time in every other sports that uses ELO. Then again people usually argue that ELO is not an accurate depiction of MMR.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It is but auto update isn't a fun thing to deal with in the middle of a game. Both teams waited for me thankfully.

yes, the autoupdate is a bit ridiculous. i had to rollback to an older driver because of a known issue with the newest driver and there is no way--no way--in windows 10 without downloading and installing a special 'tool' from microsoft to stop it from automatically reinstalling the new driver as soon as it's able.

why even bother including a driver rollback if the operating system has no default way to disable immediately undoing your change?
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

DrPizza

Banned
stick with windows 8.1 or go to 10?

10, but, you'll probably save some time if you wait until next week. The first major update to Windows 10, the November Update, should be out next week, and it should become possible to go straight from 8.1 to 10 Update. This should be a more reliable, faster process than going to 10 today and November Update next week.

G.ZZZ

Pretty much. New Windows 98 was fucking shit compared to late 95. Then service pack or SE came i don't remember the name and the OS was much better, but still had pretty regular BSOD and only late XP was the first OS which i remember basically never BSODing me unless when the computer was about to die.

Top Bottom