• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

JC Sera

I feel like hylian can be summoned by that emote now

the skullsplitter emotiocons sure are strong

wildstar doesn't work on mac, cries

Kade

I'm at work right now but the game thinks I'm a subscriber or something and I get to bypass all queues.

Hylian7

Is Wildstar actually fun? I didn't like WoW for reference, and if I like any kind of MMO, it's stuff more like Elite: Dangerous.

I'm at work right now but the game thinks I'm a subscriber or something and I get to bypass all queues.
Apparently even payed queues are super bad lol
Is Wildstar actually fun? I didn't like WoW for reference, and if I like any kind of MMO, it's stuff more like Elite: Dangerous.
hmm... in a macro sense it's pretty similar to WoW. The way the game plays is more similar to GW2 than anything else I've played, though. It's a pretty decent MMO with fantastic art and world design. Can't speak to lategame PvE, but PvP is pretty bunk regardless of level due to everything having really obvious blocky telegraphs that everyone can see.
If you don't like traditional MMOs, you probably won't like WildStar. It's structurally very similar to WoW and most post-WoW MMORPGs but the defining differentiator is that combat isn't heavily reliant on unit and tab targeting.

I personally really like it and it's everything I was hoping GW2 would be instead of a garbage DPS zergfest.
GW2 is working on that, though you have to pay 50$ for the expac .-.

I still maintain Wildstar's biggest strength is in the art. It's very Ratchet & Clank-esque, and I can't really think of a better scifi aesthetic for a game.

Kade

If you don't like traditional MMOs, you probably won't like WildStar. It's structurally very similar to WoW and most post-WoW MMORPGs but the defining differentiator is that combat isn't heavily reliant on unit and tab targeting.

I personally really like it and it's everything I was hoping GW2 would be instead of a garbage DPS zergfest.

JC Sera

tbh, I've never played an MMO
Wildstar has won me on charm and style alone
Imma sucker for that stuff
give me overwatch

I dunno how accurate the player base change is, but I bet not being able to click on stuff is bad for a game where you click on stuff.

Russ T

Banned

I've been wanting an MMO for a long time but the reality is I know I won't stick with it unless I'm guaranteed to have a bunch of cool people along for the ride.

Is there a cool GAF guild or somethin'?

Saprol

Wildstar is too laggy. Apparently the source is whenever someone near you is getting XP or loot? The game was just too dead before F2P to catch the bug. antimagelaughing.gif

Wildstar is too laggy. Apparently the source is whenever someone near you is getting XP or loot? The game was just too dead before F2P to catch the bug. antimagelaughing.gif

Folks in the wildstar thread are excusing it like it's a normal MMO launch, rather than a game that's been out for many months. Carbine are so bad

bounchfx

Folks in the wildstar thread are excusing it like it's a normal MMO launch, rather than a game that's been out for many months. Carbine are so bad

I'm ready to try it again but man I'm a bit confused how they were apparently unprepared for the massive influx of people that they obviously expected. I guess it's good news that's there more people than they expected? but the issues they're having now are just going to turn people off of it before they even get to give it a chance. It's unfortunate. I'm gonna try it again but I'll wait a month or two first.

I'm ready to try it again but man I'm a bit confused how they were apparently unprepared for the massive influx of people that they obviously expected. I guess it's good news that's there more people than they expected? but the issues they're having now are just going to turn people off of it before they even get to give it a chance. It's unfortunate. I'm gonna try it again but I'll wait a month or two first.

Yup, pretty much where I'm at. If I can't actually do something by this weekend I'm just uninstalling. I'll come back if there's some major update or something, but I'd wager the game's pretty much dead if this F2P thing doesn't give a substantial influx of players -- made quite a bit more difficult by Carbine's total lack of foresight or apparent technical prowess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just starting to watch Sword Art Online, I find it really amusing they made an entire anime based off the premise "if you die in the game you die in real life". Its like a bad cliche, I love it
laugh.gif

Just starting to watch Sword Art Online, I find it really amusing they made an entire anime based off the premise "if you die in the game you die in real life". Its like a bad cliche, I love it
laugh.gif

Should watch .Hack or Log Horizon instead. .Hack is the definitive "what happens in the game effects you in real life" anime and Log Horizon is the ultimate "real people in a game world" anime, though the more recent episodes aren't quite as good.

Satch

Banned
god, i drunk-watched attack on titan and sword art online back to back what a fucking awful night that was
NotLikeThis.png
not my best moment
NotLikeThis.png

Quesa

How urgently do you need it? Might be good to wait until next year if you can, since there should be some big architecture improvements coming.

I just swapped to lower card 'cause my current one was on the fritz. Depends on the said improvements arrive, I guess.

laugh.gif

Suddenly it has become very clear why so many people hate anime

they all start watching the worst shit

Russ T

Banned
laugh.gif

uh

yo that existed way before sao it's called .hack

stop watching sao it's bad

Should I not watch it? I couldn't think of what to watch, so I just picked something popular.

you talk to me almost every day and you know i watch a million series a month just ask me you dope!!!!!!!!!!1

haly's right watch dennou coil

Should I not watch it? I couldn't think of what to watch, so I just picked something popular.

Watch Welcome to the NHK or Ghost in the Shell SAC
I just swapped to lower card 'cause my current one was on the fritz. Depends on the said improvements arrive, I guess.
Might just browse around occasionally looking for a nice deal. If you see a super good deal like tsunami was saying, jump on it. I wouldn't be in a rush to pay out big bucks for a GPU at this point though, given the upcoming improvements.

Top Bottom