• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Gav47

GET HYPE BOYS
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

That fucking judge LITERALLY breaks his gavel, it's like a cartoon

DrPizza

Banned

The bit that's really tremendously fucking distressing is that the audience of this film will believe it's a reasonable and accurate representation of the "persecution" that christians in America face. There are elements of my wife's family that buy into this drivel, and it's honestly quite scary. Moreover, I suspect that many of them will use this film as "evidence" of "discrimination" against christians.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

I think monetizing the game on a per character basis would ruin the core gameplay and take a TON away from it, and I hope blizz realizes this as well. I would guess that this game will be driven by cosmetic microtransactions and have some kind of leveling system for scaled, earnable rewards that you can buy boosters for.

I doubt that they would put a 60$ price tag on this, as much as I've enjoyed it I would NEVER pay that for the game. I don't think there are enough people on the hype train that would in order for overwatch to explode the way blizz hopes it will.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would guess that this game will be driven by cosmetic microtransactions and have some kind of leveling system for scaled, earnable rewards that you can buy boosters for.

That was my thought as well, but either way the characters aren't going to be unlocked from day 1. Grind2play or Buy2play.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Overwatch should follow the Dota model, but Blizzard isn't a private company and they have investors to keep happy.

overwatch should just be 20$ with lots of customization/skins unlocked both via in game achievements/events and microtransactions. Seems to the best balance of profitability and not pissing players off.

Quesa

I feel like most of the characters in overwatch look good enough that they won't need cosmetics. But I guess I might be wrong.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want reverse Zarya, blue hair, pink armor.

Dreavus

That was my thought as well, but either way the characters aren't going to be unlocked from day 1. Grind2play or Buy2play.

At this point I don't think every character will be available to players right away either simply because of how coy they've been about the whole thing. The most concrete quote I could find was that they want to "remove barriers to character switching" because they see it as important to the core gameplay. Some people took that as "all heroes are free!" , but really that could mean any number of things!

If they can swing it to sell just cosmetics that would be amazing, but I think HotS has been successful enough for them that they have to be looking in that direction also. :|

Top Bottom