• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Russ T

Banned
I guess the worst part of this whole gender representation thing is that the same communities complain about all-Chinese finals for DOTA or all-Japanese finals for SF or all-Korean finals for LoL/SC2 because they "can't relate to those players", and therefore don't really mind that "worse" teams are able to qualify for major events because it gives them an NA/Euro team to root for.

Or that for the last 5 years reddit has incessantly complained about the "old boys club" of esports since it seems like nepotism matters more than talent or qualifications when it comes to being successful in the industry, and how it makes it difficult for new talent to get noticed even when they're more motivated than established personalities.

I mean, we've already established that representation matters and this industry isn't a meritocracy, why does it become different when it's about gender?

damn, this is some cold hard truth

DrPizza

Banned
mmr is not zero sum when you factor in abandons and such
More significantly: new MMR is injected at the bottom, since it has a floor of 0. Matches where the losing team were already at zero create a net increase of aggregate MMR.

oh and I think llama lives in America for university btw right now

Huh yeah, her twitch profile says she works in the US, so I guess things may be easier for her after all.

Wok

More significantly: new MMR is injected at the bottom, since it has a floor of 0. Matches where the losing team were already at zero create a net increase of aggregate MMR.

How often do teams have less MMR than 50 or whatever amount they would be supposed to lose? I would think it is a marginal increase.

Now, imagine someone abandons and their team ends up winning, how is the MMR factored in this siutation? Wouldn't it make the average MMR decrease? The decrease could counter-balance the marginal increase above.

DrPizza

Banned
How often do teams have less MMR than 50 or whatever amount they would be supposed to lose? I would think it is a marginal increase.

Now, imagine someone abandons and their team ends up winning, how is the MMR factored in this siutation? Wouldn't it make the average MMR decrease? The decrease could counter-balance the marginal increase above.

I thought (though could be wrong) that for abandons the MMR was simply redistributed so it's still net zero.

shira

Thor vs. Jambi Friday @ 7PM EST
NOW
Gofu vs. Pastafarian Saturday @ 3PM EST
t1446926400z1.png

Vamlock vs. Minosha Saturday @ 4PM EST
t1446930000z1.png

Godelsmetric vs. Vade
???

I am quite pessimistic about Overwatch especially as it's not running on a F2P system (at least for the initial release)

How much did Titanfall sell again?

Top Bottom