• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

I dont get the bf build since it doesn't affect the ult, mjolnir seems so much better unless you're against np or something.
Jugg is more than his ult

I've made the mistake of building him 100% for his ult then becoming useless in the lategame whenever it wasn't up.

Sianos

Battlefury -> Aghs Juggernaut always seems like a mediocre build when I play against it - an awkward non-committal build that doesn't excel at either fighting early or farming and building for late game.

Worst offender I remember was a Juggernaut on my team who went for battlefury -> aghs -> silver edge -> blink and yet ended up going 4-4-4 with least damage because he spent all his time farming up... early fighting items and mobility he didn't use. Still won because of the power of Alchemist, but Juggernaut definitely felt like a non-factor.

This could be just because these Juggernaut usually end up either not farming and taking advantage of the cleave or farming all game to build items that end up falling off by the time he fights (maybe this is just low mmr farming inefficiency?).

But as far as my experience has shown, committing to either early fighting Juggernaut or late game traditional carry Juggernaut works better than the battlefury -> aghs build. Any thoughts from gaf?

building battlefury is always a bummer. Item is so boring on everyone except Ember and occasionally PA (if you get those sick AoE crits for KOs)

KingKong

god damn it all I want from the compendium chests is that rubick cloak and countless chests and trade ups later Im getting everything but

J2d

Jugg is more than his ult

I've made the mistake of building him 100% for his ult then becoming useless in the lategame whenever it wasn't up.
Yea I know but you can farm pretty well with mjolnir(can't remember what comes before it) too.

I love my low mmr, I still go phase, mom, yasha into basher and it actually works.

inkls

Sick burn breh

misc-dendiFace.PNG

Russ T

Banned
how long ago did they censor boob medusa?

cause since then they've made increasingly provocative arcana for all the lady heroes

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What if it's her culture, huh?

She was raised in the woods, she's probably in tune with nature and shit so it's like her invoking her spirit animal.

Auteezy

Banned
Battlefury -> Aghs Juggernaut always seems like a mediocre build when I play against it - an awkward non-committal build that doesn't excel at either fighting early or farming and building for late game.

Worst offender I remember was a Juggernaut on my team who went for battlefury -> aghs -> silver edge -> blink and yet ended up going 4-4-4 with least damage because he spent all his time farming up... early fighting items and mobility he didn't use. Still won because of the power of Alchemist, but Juggernaut definitely felt like a non-factor.

This could be just because these Juggernaut usually end up either not farming and taking advantage of the cleave or farming all game to build items that end up falling off by the time he fights (maybe this is just low mmr farming inefficiency?).

But as far as my experience has shown, committing to either early fighting Juggernaut or late game traditional carry Juggernaut works better than the battlefury -> aghs build. Any thoughts from gaf?

I'm sure treads sny mom or sny deso is the way to go, just push early, fight a lot and take the rosh. One thing I don't undestand is a lot of jugs refusing to buy bkb because they have spin. Cmon man if you wanna do deeps you need to attack safely

Sianos

I'm sure treads sny mom or sny deso is the way to go, just push early, fight a lot and take the rosh. One thing I don't undestand is a lot of jugs refusing to buy bkb because they have spin. Cmon man if you wanna do deeps you need to attack safely
That does sounds much more effective, both in terms of early fighting and potential to scale into the late game for the mask of madness build.

Auteezy

Banned
That does sounds much more effective, both in terms of early fighting and potential to scale into the late game for the mask of madness build.

If I were going the MoM SnY build i'd probably go, Treads Aquila MoM SnY in that order. Probably a 3-1-1 with some stats build or 2-1-1, I'm not a big fan of relying on spin and since you are getting mask you are going to be using it to farm, also don't forget to activate mask before omni slashing. I like the treads in this build because of the mana+hp it gives you and because right now I think Phase+MoM is too squishy and you would need to invest in a drums or something which is more expensive. Just my thoughts...

Auteezy

Banned
Cause the item lost 13% bonus ms which was pretty important. Way harder to close the gap and much easier for people to just kite you to death.

i always thought the movespeed was more op for escaping and getting around to camps faster, didn't they change the cd on it too or active time or something as well which nerfed you being able to run around from jungle to lane as effectively

G.ZZZ

I dunno i think mom only nerf was its ms bonus but whatever.

I'm 5k again this time by randoming every time, literally 3gud.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
My core build for Juggernaut was always aquila, treads or phase, mom, s&y. Level q if against an aggressive dual lane, otherwise 1-1-1 and then stats for as long as I could justify it.
I've barely touched him in 6.85 though and what few matches I've had haven't gone well.

Sianos

If I were going the MoM SnY build i'd probably go, Treads Aquila MoM SnY in that order. Probably a 3-1-1 with some stats build or 2-1-1, I'm not a big fan of relying on spin and since you are getting mask you are going to be using it to farm, also don't forget to activate mask before omni slashing. I like the treads in this build because of the mana+hp it gives you and because right now I think Phase+MoM is too squishy and you would need to invest in a drums or something which is more expensive. Just my thoughts...
Yeah, mask of madness before omnislash is great to get you past the attack speed gradations (there's a better word for this that I just can't think of) for extra regular attacks during the ult. And even if the movespeed is lower, it still gives lifesteal and on activation high attack speed for farming. And Juggernaut has a built in purge from blade fury if he needs to dispel it to avoid taking heavy damage.

What do you think about keeping one point in spin for extra stats or an early 1-1-4-1? Is the cooldown just too long?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That was the '''''canon''''' explanation for Nova being replaced with a lion, wasn't it?

No, there is no reason why Valve changed her cat.

I believe the only logical explanation is that time travelers did it. Yes, that clearly is the most logically explanation to all cosmetic changes, time travelers.

Artanisix

Best jugg player I know has very variable builds depending on the game. I think that's a strength that shouldn't be overlooked on Jugg, he can certainly be built to end the game early it works with his team comp. Most of his games don't show up in here but yeah. He almost never goes for BKB, but there's a certain amount of trust in your team you need to commit to a build like that.

Top Bottom