• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i'm really happy with how my PA looks
Man I want that sex hair cosmetic so bad but I can't justify the price for it right now over just waiting for it to go on sale.
For someone who doesn't play ranked, is the solo MMR of the players you get matched with in unranked a decent approximation of that person's MMR?
The two are separate. I believe calibration will look at your unranked MMR as part of its algorithm for determining where to place you at the start, but I'm reasonably sure they don't affect each other.

Your ranked MMR could be huge and your unranked MMR be relatively low, or vice versa.

shira

Man I want that sex hair cosmetic so bad but I can't justify the price for it right now over just waiting for it to go on sale.

The two are separate. I believe calibration will look at your unranked MMR as part of its algorithm for determining where to place you at the start, but I'm reasonably sure they don't affect each other.

Your ranked MMR could be huge and your unranked MMR be relatively low, or vice versa.

I think there is also a behavior MMR.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
For someone who doesn't play ranked, is the solo MMR of the players you get matched with in unranked a decent approximation of that person's MMR?

I'd say within +/-200 MMR yeah.

I found a way to be bad at mid alc. I should just give up on the hero and go back to spamming doom/necro

If you mean by actual skill level it depends more on what the person is queuing up for more

I found a way to be bad at mid alc. I should just give up on the hero and go back to spamming doom/necro

If you mean by actual skill level it depends more on what the person is queuing up for more

The key is to avoid interacting with other players. Enemies don't exist and team mates are stack bots. For around 20 minutes there's only you, and creeps.

guy with an autism "joke" in his username speaking for the opposite gender, can we get anymore internet in this thread

Pretty much my take.
sleeping.gif

The key is to avoid interacting with other players. Enemies don't exist and team mates are stack bots. For around 20 minutes there's only you, and creeps.

I still have a hard time last hitting a gainst a harass heavy ranged hero like QOP or something. I should probably go practicing agroing or last hitting

I still have a hard time last hitting a gainst a harass heavy ranged hero like QOP or something. I should probably go practicing agroing or last hitting

I don't know what you do for early items, but I'd suggest getting basi and even phase boots if there damage disparity between you and the enemy mid is too high.

Disclaimer: I might be an idiot and this may be poor advice.

sixghost

I don't think alch does well vs many heroes in lane. As long as you or somebody else on your team is stacking, you're going to catch up. In one of our IHL games milk died 2 or 3 times in lane and still ended up with 1k gpm because we had stacks for him. Against a QOP I'd imagine that Alch needs to leave the lane the second she has 6.

Auteezy

Banned

Bam. Don't speak for people when we're right here.

i'm just speaking from my experiences of what i've found to be the case given my situations, i'm not trying to offend anybody or be mean.

I don't know what you do for early items, but I'd suggest getting basi and even phase boots if there damage disparity between you and the enemy mid is too high.

Disclaimer: I might be an idiot and this may be poor advice.

get power treads, often you will see alchs in higher mmr games getting power treads and then buying a pair of bots later ontop of it. Gives you hp, damage, and mana if needed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I tried stacking for an alch once. What they did was actually go through our jungle taking all his stacks.

Thought that was a clever bit of counterplay because we were bullying them out.

I don't think alch does well vs many heroes in lane. As long as you or somebody else on your team is stacking, you're going to catch up. In one of our IHL games milk died 2 or 3 times in lane and still ended up with 1k gpm because we had stacks for him. Against a QOP I'd imagine that Alch needs to leave the lane the second she has 6.

running to the jungle and hiding is probably what I should do. I have a habit of sticking to the lane for some reason.

Auteezy

Banned
Calling out misogyny = dogpiling apparently.

IDK how i said anything misogynistic, I just think it's up to the developers to design a character anyway they want. People can read into things anyway they want, and can dogpile on me all they want. I'm full of unpopular opinions :)

I'm glad I got off the mmo train. Instead of paying a subscription fee I can buy virtual hats for hero's I dont play

Yeah, I feel that. I still fucking love MMOs from a conceptual perspective, but between monetization schemes that are popular right now and the popularity of both theme park MMOs with uninteresting combat, and the prevalence of "streamlining" everything to the point of total monotony and lack of emergent play I don't play them nearly as much as I used to.

Also GW1 died and WoW is shit now so that cuts down on my previous faves.

Yeah, I feel that. I still fucking love MMOs from a conceptual perspective, but between monetization schemes that are popular right now and the popularity of both theme park MMOs with uninteresting combat, and the prevalence of "streamlining" everything to the point of total monotony and lack of emergent play I don't play them nearly as much as I used to.

Also GW1 died and WoW is shit now so that cuts down on my previous faves.

Runescape was my middle school life. Played that shit all the time from like 2006-2008, Other then that the idea of paying for a game and keep paying for it sounded dumb so I never got on the train. But now that I have my own money I burn it all on hats.

Top Bottom