• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

DrPizza

Banned
Sunsfan and Sajadene went full tryhard trying to get their team up and running. I think they went literally 0-60 after TI5. Not sure if even Secret had that kind of deal right out of the gate
- 4k salary
- in-game item deals
- sponsor deals
- fullservice management

#jellyboys

i.e. Sunsfan and Sajedene are doing their best to run the team professionally and competently, to the extent possible given the routinely vile and unprofessional behaviour of Dota 2 pros.

I don't approve of the way Rito penalizes people for even things such as "building suboptimal items", but the fines it gives for just plain bad player behaviour are something I wish Dota 2 had.

shira

i.e. Sunsfan and Sajedene are doing their best to run the team professionally and competently, to the extent possible given the routinely vile and unprofessional behaviour of Dota 2 pros.

I don't approve of the way Rito penalizes people for even things such as "building suboptimal items", but the fines it gives for just plain bad player behaviour are something I wish Dota 2 had.

They had really big plans from what I hear and then they couldn't get who they really wanted to get, but from what Slacks says about Moonduck + they are prolly fucked since they didn't qualify for any prize money

try lightning striking the creep and hope right when he lands the bolt blows up, worth a try

Chen steal the creep and send it to fountain
eyeroll.gif

https://youtu.be/uczSifl5hIM

Hylian7

three fucking tinker games today

who even enjoys playing against this hero?

i'd rather endure playing against a lineup of five techies

If you kill him once or twice by 10 minutes you've crippled him pretty severely. His recovery mechanism these days is nowhere near as good as it was when ancients were a thing. He's all about BoTs timing. If it takes him 15 minutes he's probably already lost.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Two hours of The Stanley Parable were two hours I could've spent on Doto. Not sure if it was worth it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If you kill him once or twice by 10 minutes you've crippled him pretty severely. His recovery mechanism these days is nowhere near as good as it was when ancients were a thing. He's all about BoTs timing. If it takes him 15 minutes he's probably already lost.

yeah we weren't proactive enough ganking him

Qvoth

Sunsfan and Sajadene went full tryhard trying to get their team up and running. I think they went literally 0-60 after TI5. Not sure if even Secret had that kind of deal right out of the gate
- 4k salary
- in-game item deals
- sponsor deals
- fullservice management

#jellyboys

man jealousy is such an ugly thing
dac15_sad.gif

Auteezy

Banned
wasn't sunsfan robbed on stream like a year ago?

I don't really care much for his casting and don't watch Dota Cinema stuff but sometimes his tweets come off as pretty douchy if i remember correctly. But that DC Captains Draft tournament is pretty dope and if he pays livable wages that's cool too. I guess here is mason's statement (non-statement?) from Nadota

I'm not going to make a statement or anything. Obviously sharing scrims isn't very ethical. But it was a small amount, between 2 people at first, and just a general shit talk channel. Shit talking isn't very nice, but everyone does it basically. The fact that they're trying to burn ritsu at the stake for it is kind of ridiculous but whatever. I'm getting flak too but I really don't care that much. I really don't think this is a very big deal but people love drama so this will hold people over until Majors and then will basically be forgotten about.

Doesn't look good, but I don't think it's particularly heinous or whatever people are making it out to be.

Wok

I guess here is mason's statement (non-statement?) from Nadota

I think he is deliberately adding confusion to the situation. The problem is not shit-talking, which is despicable, but making up a group to be an annoyance to a few people whom he seems to hate. The first one consists in saying crap on someone for no purpose except stupid enjoyment of saying crap, the other consists in building a group to prevent successful players from being successful.

I'm not going to make a statement or anything. Obviously sharing scrims isn't very ethical. But it was a small amount, between 2 people at first, and just a general shit talk channel. Shit talking isn't very nice, but everyone does it basically. The fact that they're trying to burn ritsu at the stake for it is kind of ridiculous but whatever. I'm getting flak too but I really don't care that much. I really don't think this is a very big deal but people love drama so this will hold people over until Majors and then will basically be forgotten about.

Doesn't look good, but I don't think it's particularly heinous or whatever people are making it out to be.

to be compared to

[11/4/2015 8:29:52 PM] B: real well done
[11/4/2015 8:29:56 PM] B: keep this group updated so they don't go to summit guys

Auteezy

Banned
White ppl are really the worst.

Yeah those white guys who don't shut up on open mic are easily as annoying as peruvians. No sarcasm, some of the shit they say because I can understand it is fucking mind boggling. This 1 guy argued with me about eating creeps as lich because I was sf mid i said not to eat my ranged creep so i can aggro the creeps to it and not have to tank creeps, or last hit under tower. But he was like "no you are dumb eating ranged creep is better cuz lane pushses into you". WTFdsFDSGDSG melee even gives more xp to the lich there. Id rather be told how terrible i am than have to listen to that terrible ass logic.

I think he is deliberately adding confusion to the situation. The problem is not shit-talking, which is despicable, but making up a group to be an annoyance to a few people whom he seems to hate. The first one consists in saying crap on someone for no purpose except stupid enjoyment of saying crap, the other consists in building a group to prevent successful players from being successful.

Mason's a douche, whatever, so is Ritsu and if you know his history as Oxen you would know being a douche is probably the least of his issues. Sharing intel on teams among friends is probably not that uncommon, talking shit on other teams in private isn't as well. But to do it to such a degree, single out 1 team specifically, and to start asking people outside your circle for their scrim drafts, then going after the owners is another level. Mason sounded more like he was trying to deflect blame, play it off more than anything else.

G.ZZZ

Yeah those white guys who don't shut up on open mic are easily as annoying as peruvians. No sarcasm, some of the shit they say because I can understand it is fucking mind boggling. This 1 guy argued with me about eating creeps as lich because I was sf mid i said not to eat my ranged creep so i can aggro the creeps to it and not have to tank creeps, or last hit under tower. But he was like "no you are dumb eating ranged creep is better cuz lane pushses into you". WTFdsFDSGDSG melee even gives more xp to the lich there. Id rather be told how terrible i am than have to listen to that terrible ass logic.

Mason's a douche, whatever, so is Ritsu and if you know his history as Oxen you would know being a douche is probably the least of his issues. Sharing intel on teams among friends is probably not that uncommon, talking shit on other teams in private isn't as well. But to do it to such a degree, single out 1 team specifically, and to start asking people outside your circle for their scrim drafts, then going after the owners is another level. Mason sounded more like he was trying to deflect blame, play it off more than anything else.

Ritsu is Oxen? ?Jesus christ LOL. The guy has more issues than my Reader's Digest.

Auteezy

Banned
Ritsu is Oxen? ?Jesus christ LOL. The guy has more issues than my Reader's Digest.

Yeah Oxen rebranded himself as Ritsu.

I guess a TLDR for the uninformed would be: Ritsu stalked Insil a female dota player, Beesa (formerly of Kaipi) a UK player, and Mason. He would change his steam accounts to look like theirs and add their friends then spam their friends to tell Beesa, or Mason, or Insil to add him. He also payed people in cosmetics for outside/personal information on them, facebook accounts, phone numbers etc... He threatened Beesa, joined facebook groups Beesa was in pretending to be a girl asking Beesa's friends for information about him. He threatened to send Beesa's sister to the hospital. Eventually it all fell in around him as the stalkees found his real information and most of what he found was bullshit, and the people he tried to get information from sold him out.

Dudes got issues.

That stuff with him flaming Loda is kind of what earned him some more respect again, and the fact he was doing well in nel and other na dota circles before most people realized oxen=ritsu

So Ritsu = Meeru?
Valve isn't really allowed to fine those players unless they're doing this shit St Valve events since they're not paying these players. The teams however can either fine or even kick their players, but of course they won't since there's a very high chance those players will leave them and they're left with nothing.
Two hours of The Stanley Parable were two hours I could've spent on Doto. Not sure if it was worth it.
Yeah I don't know if his games are for me. Stanley Parable was okay, The Beginner's Guide was bad. It's not like I don't get it, I get it, I can even relate to it. What I really didn't understand was that I spent money to listen to a story about a guy having feelings that aren't unique at all. His entire story is ruined by the fact that he wants people to pay to listen to it.

Smithy C

Someone on my team randomed Slark last pick. First item: Vanguard. Second item: Midas. Third item: Ultimate Orb. Fourth item: Treads (after someone telling him that boots were OP). Our team is 1 rax up. Slark gets Doomed and the Silencer on my team denys him. Slark proceeds to sell all items, buy five couriers, buy Rapier, walk over to enemy base, drop couriers and feed Rapier whilst cussing out the Silencer in Russian. We lose.

crazy.gif

Deadly

Yeah Oxen rebranded himself as Ritsu.

I guess a TLDR for the uninformed would be: Ritsu stalked Insil a female dota player, Beesa (formerly of Kaipi) a UK player, and Mason. He would change his steam accounts to look like theirs and add their friends then spam their friends to tell Beesa, or Mason, or Insil to add him. He also payed people in cosmetics for outside/personal information on them, facebook accounts, phone numbers etc... He threatened Beesa, joined facebook groups Beesa was in pretending to be a girl asking Beesa's friends for information about him. He threatened to send Beesa's sister to the hospital. Eventually it all fell in around him as the stalkees found his real information and most of what he found was bullshit, and the people he tried to get information from sold him out.

Dudes got issues.

That stuff with him flaming Loda is kind of what earned him some more respect again, and the fact he was doing well in nel and other na dota circles before most people realized oxen=ritsu
Just read about this. Holy shit, how old is this guy? There's a point you can forgive shit to being a teenager but this.... whole other level of craziness.

Auteezy

Banned
Just read about this. Holy shit, how old is this guy? There's a point you can forgive shit to being a teenager but this.... whole other level of craziness.

idk that stuff was exposed in 2013 so it's a few years old now. I'd assume he's 19 or 20.I can ask him I guess but he hasn't been online on steam since the EE tweet.

kvk1

kid sounds emotionally unstable

need to be careful in community flaming against individuals like that

people have hurt themselves for a lot less

M.D

i have seen og play empire for a second series now and i swear it looks as if empire are stream sniping in 3 different scenarios

Smithy C

Think I'm going to take a break from Dota until Tusk falls out of fashion again. Hero is just idiotic and I can't deal playing against it every game. Someone tweet me when the next big update hits.

mooncakes

ritsu

I used to watch him a lot because I enjoy the same heroes he does and he is better than me. I learned sometimes about just waiting for levels on slark is better than a risky cs and stuff like that. He barely even attempts to armlet toggle during fights as huskar which i think can be kind of a mistake where he says "i was dead if i toggle anyways" may as well give it a shot then. His builds are pretty solid and doesn't always build the same item which is nice, he used to talk a lot more about why he was doing things when he first started but he kind of regressed into flaming his teammates a ton after CLQ put him through some shit. NA dota doesn't like him because he has kind of a bad attitude and was really cocky from the start despite poor performances professionally, and to be honest he can be very very demanding to play with in a serious environment. I played a handful of pub games with/vs him and nel games and what stood out the most to me was if you were supporting him he was always mad at you. If he dove and you weren't there he asks "why arent u diving with me" if you dive with him and die he is critical of that. If you pull he's mad you aren't in lane and if you are in lane soaking xp/harassing he was mad you werent pulling. Maybe he's gotten nicer about this, but he actually used to give really good advice on builds and positioning. Also his jungle farming patterns between lane and jungle are really good.

lmao, I seen those CLQ.

He is definitely really good with Slark, Pl, and Huskar though.

Kade

Blizzard didn't even acknowledge my birthday yesterday. Usually they send a happy birthday e-mail. They forgot about me completely.

There are times where I wish Dota 2 had concede but then I play a game like this and I'm okay with its absence. We were getting fucked in the ass by their Tusk and Shadow Fiend but because of my absolutely clutch Winter Wyvern plays and serious misplays from the other team we came out on top. I love Wyvern so much after that game.

Top Bottom