• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

glad the prognosis seems good, kirbs
EK6L7Hn.gif

Auteezy

Banned
at least the games will be at a watchable time for the european master race to watch

part of me is happy to see things, even outside of valves control, fuck up this major a bit because of all the hate people pushed on valve for running TI in NA

They should do the winter one in Dubai so it's warm

Hylian7

First ranked game in a while. Of course got to love when the other team beats you after their mid dcs lol.

What were the team comps? That gold gain is no joke and if your team was not great, and the other team had four heroes that really benefit from the gold gain, that could be what won them the game.

Chris R

What were the team comps? That gold gain is no joke and if your team was not great, and the other team had four heroes that really benefit from the gold gain, that could be what won them the game.

What won them the game was the fact that their mid WR was terrible. I was trying to shut down their jungle LC but missed ganking them by one hit once. Then WR DCs, LC moves mid and owns Pudge. 30+ Duel damage + blink + blademail by 16 mins.

bounchfx

getting better with invoker still but damn, I keep forgetting how hard he falls off mid/late game if you're solo. did great early to get a bit cocky and start getting wrecked later on. I gotta be more careful and just back my team up

Auteezy

Banned
getting better with invoker still but damn, I keep forgetting how hard he falls off mid/late game if you're solo. did great early to get a bit cocky and start getting wrecked later on. I gotta be more careful and just back my team up

My invoker is famous among the Milkman crowd. Had to retire my invoker in fact. I can give terrible advice on the hero though.

z8D0aRF.png

Auteezy

Banned
auteezy is that you in jimmys game playing tony right now m8

Yeah I partied with my friend, we all fed

i tossed sf back into a fight to kill my whole team tho that was sick

i won on his team yesterday tho in like a 6.4k avg mmr game which was dope

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
500 wins, 448 losses.

Time to start taking the game seriously now.

BHK3

Banned
solo off as nyx vs. solo wr. Hell on earth right? She prolly had like 20 denies on me, but luckily wasn't as aggressive as she could've been and let me hit 6 along with arcanes. SF gets a haste and comes bot and we kill her.

2 mins later I guess she was tanking a camp or something and went bot to grab rune before it spawned at 80% hp. I camped it invis and hit her then stunned. REGEN RUNE BABY got enough mana to mana burn and kill her.

Oh my god after hating life for like 10 minutes those 2 minutes made up for all of it, that entire lead of hers just down the fucking drain. It's shit like this that keeps me playing. And their alch was super bad, so that was refreshing.

jew

Banned
help me find the motivation to play dota mates im a trap 2k fiend i feel like black is not a color but a state of mind

kionedrik

I don't know if this is a new dotabuff feature but I never noticed it before.

I found it funny that when I ordered the table by win % in the "< 2k" bracket I got this:
5iec2w8.png

In the past I've been vocal against the "Spectre is the best thing ever!!!" movement and this seems to prove it once and for all. You can clearly see that her win rate goes significantly down as you move to the upper brackets while her pick rate remains, more or less, the same. What this means is what I've said all along, she punishes teams that don't pressure her early and don't take advantage of the fact they are basically playing 5v4 for 20-30 minutes, which is consistent with the lack of game sense and experience you'd expect from players in the lower brackets.
I'm not saying that she isn't stronger than she used to be but she is nowhere near game winning or first choice status.

I also find the Omni data interesting. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, although the pick rate info is somewhat expected (the higher you go, the fewer times he gets picked). His consistent win % is what I find odd although it may be tied to his low skill ceiling.

I got annihilated by some 4.3k SF mid (as OD) and went on to dominate the game. Man, that match up sucked. According to Dotabuff, it's a favourable OD match up but I couldn't handle it. :/ He was possibly a better 1on1 player than me. I outplayed him like crazy once laning was over thankfully.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1923865578

I think he used his head start very poorly and fought too much and farmed too little.

I average something like 20 kills per game with OD for some reason. Really fun hero. Midas is super key and never to be skipped in my opinion. MMR on this acc was low at the start though so that skews the stats a little.

harSon

Banned
I think I'm going to continue to be a dirty QOP picker

I got annihilated by some 4.3k SF mid (as OD) and went on to dominate the game. Man, that match up sucked. According to Dotabuff, it's a favourable OD match up but I couldn't handle it. :/ He was possibly a better 1on1 player than me. I outplayed him like crazy once laning was over thankfully.

I think he used his head start very poorly and fought too much and farmed too little.

I average something like 20 kills per game with OD for some reason. Really fun hero. Midas is super key and never to be skipped in my opinion. MMR on this acc was low at the start though so that skews the stats a little.

I hate playing 1v1 against SF in general. He's easily dominated the first few minutes of the game, but becomes a pain in the ass once he hits level 3 and rolls into his bottle.

kionedrik

4.3k SF + High Skill game = His mate was < 3k (assuming it was only one)

Pair that up with the lack of control from their team (1 unreliable stun, hook and dismember and QoP slow) and the fact yours had (reliable) stuns and slows galore and it was more than obvious that you could go rampant as OD.

Besides that OD should win the lane. All you needed was to skill the orb soonish and lay waste to his mana pool and hp. Like Viper it's almost impossible to lose the lane as OD.

Top Bottom