• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

4.3k SF + High Skill game = His mate was < 3k (assuming it was only one)

Pair that up with the lack of control from their team (1 unreliable stun, hook and dismember and QoP slow) and the fact yours had (reliable) stuns and slows galore and it was more than obvious that you could go rampant as OD.

Besides that OD should win the lane. All you needed was to skill the orb soonish and lay waste to his mana pool and hp. Like Viper it's almost impossible to lose the lane as OD.

Yeah, he was definitely in a stack. I was in a 3 stack with two 2ks as well. I should have won that lane I think.

shira

?

you mean the international?

I can see them scrapping the majors if the profit margins and the visa issues become problematic. They still have not sold out with $30 tickets.
cBj1LTf.png

Elitro

I can see them scrapping the majors if the profit margins and the visa issues become problematic. They still have not sold out with $30 tickets.
cBj1LTf.png

Might not be a location issue though.

I mean, wasn't the MLG event also a disappointment when it comes to spectators and it was held in the US.

Quesa

why would the EU be any harder to get to for half the teams than the US

For one, it'd be easier if all the teams only had one place to go through throughout the year instead of having to secure visas for multiple regions. And I don't think Valve plans to move the international, which is the one every team will want to make sure they have visas for.

TI being in US is stupid anyways. Most fans are in China, then EU and US is probably the least?

It should be China > EU > US in terms of locations to secure maximum viewership and profit.

shira

TI being in US is stupid anyways. Most fans are in China, then EU and US is probably the least?

It should be China > EU > US in terms of locations to secure maximum viewership and profit.

Did you see DAC?

s49.jpg

I heard that there was a lot of Singaporeans that went to buy the Roshan statues and then went home. Basically Dota is a dead game everywhere but Seattle.

Low Tier
only americans have the disposable income to spectate and enjoy e-sports live. That's why turnout rates for events in other countries pale in comparison to the international, which takes place in an AMERICAN city on AMERICAN soil on AMERICAN time

shira

only americans have the disposable income to spectate and enjoy e-sports live. That's why turnout rates for events in other countries pale in comparison to the international, which takes place in an AMERICAN city on AMERICAN soil on AMERICAN time

Don't forget the super rich kids studying abroad on the West Coast.
I bet a lot of those Chinese students studying in Vancity, LA, and Seattle all went to TI

Also there are a lot of BC canajuns who can walk across the border

Hylian7

Have you been to a TI in person? The turnout is HUGE, and there were tons of fans from all over the world.

Wok

Yeah. I would have bought a gem if I had not tilted. Buying 60 dusts was kind of passive-aggressivity against my teammates who would never carry a single dust. I hate these games where people run aimlessly, never teleport to help, and get slowly dominated by a team of shadow blades.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
remember when reddit yuropeans complained right before every single TI about visa issues and USA sux, no visa trouble in yuropa m8 all tolerant and eZ over here, haHA lol nice yoke m8s. let's host a tournament in europe during the biggest migrant crisis since ww2 hAHA

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have fixed 80%+ of the memory leaks to our 10+ year old application over the weekend, and it's not good enough for my boss. He keeps making me double my load test to try and identify the last bit of leaking memory and it is taking a logarithmic curve. The load test will now take an hour, so here I sit bored. Can't even use my laptop with out risk of java crashing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tbf if the majors were all in the usa it's not like i personally would miss out on the majors i'm not going to even if they're in europe

Auteezy

Banned
Don't forget the super rich kids studying abroad on the West Coast.
I bet a lot of those Chinese students studying in Vancity, LA, and Seattle all went to TI

Also there are a lot of BC canajuns who can walk across the border
That's me except I'm white and only moderately wealthy.

Yeah. I would have bought a gem if I had not tilted. Buying 60 dusts was kind of passive-aggressivity against my teammates who would never carry a single dust. I hate these games where people run aimlessly, never teleport to help, and get slowly dominated by a team of shadow blades.

people are too proud to carry TPs or detection or BKBs

it's a damn shame when we're losing a lane and 3 of our teammates are just slowly running back from various points on the map because that iron branch they started with was more important than a TP

people are too proud to carry TPs or detection or BKBs

it's a damn shame when we're losing a lane and 3 of our teammates are just slowly running back from various points on the map because that iron branch they started with was more important than a TP

Not carrying BKB isn't about pride, it's about morals
This kvo guy is totally dragging llama down

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The issue with having all the majors in the USA is fatigue. Who's going to travel to all four? Especially when ti is already there and is the Mecca for the kind of person who attends dota tournaments.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair a lot of players are too conservative with BKB. Popping it way too late on a 1/3 HP after they've already been chain-stunned and nuked or using it during something like omni-slash.

shira

The issue with having all the majors in the USA is fatigue. Who's going to travel to all four? Especially when ti is already there and is the Mecca for the kind of person who attends dota tournaments.

I think it's important to the growth of Dota that they expand to 4 tournaments. If there is only one super party, then so be it, but that just means dota isn't big enough to support multiple events.

I think it's important to the growth of Dota that they expand to 4 tournaments. If there is only one super party, then so be it, but that just means dota isn't big enough to support multiple events.

The issue tobear's referring to isn't about being able to fill out 4 arenas, it's being able to fill out 4 arenas in one country in one year. That's a tough ask.

Top Bottom