• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Auteezy

Banned
Honestly your thoughts on NEL just sound like it was suck ass as a low 5k player. I imagine you could get a lot out of it, but damn if it doesn't sound like an exasperating experience.

I know it sounds that way, but it was so much better than the alternative. Being low 5k in a 4k game with all 4k teammates, peruvians, etc... At least NEL limited that, especially since tehre was an SEL too for south america players, but the peruvians in NEL were all pretty good, guys like Kotaro, some good europeans too Zai, Pieliedie played some games. You got an opportunity to play with really good players, pro players, and shit like that in a pretty firendly/joking environment. If you were low 5k with a shit attitude who talked a lot of shit, then it probably sucked.

also remember at this time when NEL was in full force a lot of the high 5k/6k player pool was spending their time playing nel rather than rmm. so if there was 2 nel games going on with guys in spectate slots you can guess maybe ~25 players 5k+ were taken out of the matchmaking pool at that time leaving you with a higher chance for a 4k game. If that makes sense. Kind of like when FPL is in full swing lots of those 6k players are not pubbing and your odds of hitting a pro in rmm are lower.

shira

Could you tell if there was a bunch of young promising kids like 11-14 yo who are still up and coming players? Or is the NA scene forever going to be Demon, Wayto, fluff, TC, etc.

Auteezy

Banned
Could you tell if there was a bunch of young promising kids like 11-14 yo who are still up and coming players? Or is the NA scene forever going to be Demon, Wayto, fluff, TC, etc.

I know of a few promising young players I guess. Thetoo on ROOT, has been around forever he actually is the one to pretty much discover Sumail. Thet and Sumail played together in SCS and won like 5 times in 7 weeks or something. There's Timado but he's like 14 and his attitude is so terrible not that many people want to play with him anymore, actually he isn't promising fuck him. Maruki is 16 support player who ise leviathans alternate, but he kind of lost a lot of motivation and doesn't play seriously or much anymore. CC&C I think is 16, 7k mmr mid player, really nice kid, he's honestly one of the best players to get on your team in rmm.

I think the NA scene has already shifted away from those guys when you see cores come up and carry teams like Mineski Fangay, Ush, Sumail!!. RTZ!!. Zai(even though hes EU he came up in NA). Idk how old SVG is on c9 but that guy is really good. TC was one of the best teammates to get in NEL, he never flamed, he just gave advice, really good advice, and he pretty much won every game I think he'd go like 7-0 or 10-0 and then stop playing NEL rofl. The few times I had him on my team in pubs or NEL was really great tbh.

Getting carried as a PA by a slardar
BloodTrail.png

truly top level dota

Madouu

Honestly your thoughts on NEL just sound like it was suck ass as a low 5k player. I imagine you could get a lot out of it, but damn if it doesn't sound like an exasperating experience.

I used to watch a lot of NEL games, sure it was clowny but a lot of the strats (mostly cancer offlanes) used later in competitive spawned there.

manfestival

My computer is dying and I need something to play dota 2 on. Someone please save me from this nightmare.

Are there any good sites with communities that sell good second hand hardware?

Hylian7

I'll be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised with Fallout 4 so far. Still no technical marvel, but is fun and definitely better than F3 so far. I don't know if I can call it better than NV yet.

I'll be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised with Fallout 4 so far. Still no technical marvel, but is fun and definitely better than F3 so far. I don't know if I can call it better than NV yet.

I have a luke warm feeling playing this game

also im my fps is capped at 36 for some reason

Hylian7

I have a luke warm feeling playing this game

also im my fps is capped at 36 for some reason

I had the same problem, but it was 48. You have to turn off Vsync, which isn't in the options for some reason, but you can edit ~/Documents/My Games/Fallout4/Fallout4Prefs.ini and change iPresentInterval to 0. That fixed it for me and now I get ~80+ FPS most of the time.

Auteezy

Banned
I figured since trying to have the chicas associate me with the hot bod of a juggernaut didn't work out i'll put this kawaii picture so they will associate me with being kawaii-desu

I had the same problem, but it was 48. You have to turn off Vsync, which isn't in the options for some reason, but you can edit ~/Documents/My Games/Fallout4/Fallout4Prefs.ini and change iPresentInterval to 0. That fixed it for me and now I get ~80+ FPS most of the time.

wtf why didn't they put a vsync option in. I'm getting 90 fps now
stunned.gif

thanks man

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
According to Yasp I only ping 4 times a match which puts me in the top 20th percentile for non-pingers.

Apparently I shit talk a lot in all-chat. Embarassing.

Hylian7

rate users by their anime avatar's series

bakemonogatari>umaru>>>>>>>>>>
undertale

TUSRはかわいい妹ですね?

For the record TWEWY isn't anime.

Legit one of the best games of all time though.

Hylian7

Played Fallout for 2 1/2 hours, now stuck with a Broken Quest and can't proceed. This is my own falt
anuxi_rum.gif

If you're on PC you can probably console command your way out of it if you really have to.
blink.gif

Ran into a Legendary Radscorpion. Those things are no joke in this game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If you're on PC you can probably console command your way out of it if you really have to.
blink.gif

Ran into a Legendary Radscorpion. Those things are no joke in this game.
I'm sure I can, but the game being out a day no one seems to know what the command is yet.

Unrelated, this is an amazing gif that I expect to see for years to come
yM1rOD4.gif

Wok

I would love to see a big play with LC aghs. Something like duel into relocate the LC in the fountain, then a fissure to keep the LC in the fountain, and make the opponent walk all the way to the base, so that the duel ends near the fountain.

It would be some kind of combo like the Chen+Pudge one, but harder to pull off correctly.

I would love to see a big play with LC aghs. Something like duel into relocate the LC in the fountain, then a fissure to keep the LC in the fountain, and make the opponent walk all the way to the base, so that the duel ends near the fountain.

It would be some kind of combo like the Chen+Pudge one, but harder to pull off correctly.

Duel ends if the contestants are ever more than 2000 range apart.

Top Bottom