• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

abunai

I'm not usually one for hyperbole but Oblivion was straight garbage. There was nothing (to me) about that game that was redeeming in the slightest. Although, I guess one could mention it's ability to render large-ish vistas fairly well, but then again Far Cry managed to do the same thing a few years beforehand without bringing high end computers to their knees. Bethesda are usually great at world building but Oblivion was just atrocious. No atmospheric little villages or silt striders near Seyda Neen. I know it was a different area of the world, but they could've tried to make Tamriel a little more interesting than 'stone_castle_4a' and 'deciduous_forest_west'. Never mind how non-existent the effects of your choices were on the game world. From what i've seen FO4 looks to be of the same calibre (although not as uninspired as oblivion).

This is a sentence about dota since this is a dota thread; Haunted Colosseum is fun.

LOL Group C, can't wait for Ritsu vs EE

wow, didn't realise the major started so soon. I thought it was the end of next week, nice.

Twookie

rooting for OG

beyond excited

i hope Alliance and Secret do well in the group stages, especially Secret vs C9 so I can see EE vs Ritsu

G.ZZZ

This is it i'm officially removing EUE from my queue. The amount of uncomphrensible vitriol and toxicity that spam from people just writing in cyrillic in chat is unberable. It's just giving people one more pretext for screaming in chat and tbh i'd rather avoid that.

I'm not usually one for hyperbole but Oblivion was straight garbage. There was nothing (to me) about that game that was redeeming in the slightest. Although, I guess one could mention it's ability to render large-ish vistas fairly well, but then again Far Cry managed to do the same thing a few years beforehand without bringing high end computers to their knees. Bethesda are usually great at world building but Oblivion was just atrocious. No atmospheric little villages or silt striders near Seyda Neen. I know it was a different area of the world, but they could've tried to make Tamriel a little more interesting than 'stone_castle_4a' and 'deciduous_forest_west'. Never mind how non-existent the effects of your choices were on the game world.
100% this. I can't fathom how anyone who loved Morrowind would feel otherwise. This game was not only disappointing by AAA standards - it was a terrible RPG outright. Not a slightly above average RPG, not a mediocre one, just straight up bad. 9 years later, I consider it the biggest gaming disappointment ever. I created a thread lately stating precisely that and most of the users who claimed Oblivion wasn't bad didn't play Morrowind beforehand and never got in touch with Bethesda prior to Oblivion. Good for them and I'm not bitter they enjoyed a game I didn't, but as for me, that renders their opinion useless.

I need to add, I played and finished the 360 version only (even a few days before official release because some store broke the street date by like 4 days here) and never bothered with it again. I was confident that shit wasn't salvageable.

Yeah but my meme predates Admiral Memedogs rise to memedom so I'm safe.

its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg

P.S. I really miss my cat T_T

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I have so many questions... why max ray on pheonix? why not max eidolons? wtf was centaur thinking? bfury wk? so many mysteries...

who knows?

nah lets just blame the sf for not running into 2v5 fights all the time and actually farming and pushing

RPG is a pretty loose term

basically any game where your character has stats is an RPG, it has nothing to do with playing a role, or a being a game even

bounchfx

Fallout 3 was so plop.

I played FO3 for a dozen hours and yeah.. I don't know. it was what it was, but that was not really fun to me. A lot of it had to do with how it *felt*, which 4 looks a lot better on already. I'll give it a go next week. I'm still hyped for it, oddly enough. but who knows!

RPG is a pretty loose term

basically any game where your character has stats is an RPG, it has nothing to do with playing a role, or a being a game even
Sure, but I'd say NV had more RPG elements than 3 and 4, and it's exactly what made me not want to buy Fallout 4 after I saw it at E3, a severe lack of the RPG elements that made NV good.

Sure, but I'd say NV had more RPG elements than 3 and 4, and it's exactly what made me not want to buy Fallout 4 after I saw it at E3, a severe lack of the RPG elements that made NV good.

I think it's because Bethesda's main goal is to deliver quantity of content rather than quality, without really being too focused on delivering a certain experience. NV actually bothered with both direct and indirect storytelling while FO3 and the other Bethesda games were usually about the breadth of the open world.

It's like learning that the local pizza place has bread sticks and garlic bread sticks and garlic rolls and mozzarella sticks and garlic fries all for a dollar each. As a high schooler or college student you're thrilled with the sheer amount of garbage you can buy and you're super satisfied, even if all of the food is sort of the same thing and pretty awful.

Top Bottom