• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Artanisix

Ten years since new hero. i walk through the empty streets dreaming of pit Lord and his fire shit . and volve will say no! We don't have arcana ready for him yet

Haunted

i come back to this thread and this shit is the first thing i see

You know, the real greatest genre of all time is actually stealth games. RPGS are good and all, but literally nothing compares to the highs of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and MGS3.

Unfortunately, those two games are basically it as far as excellent games in the genre go. But two god tier games are all you really need to shut up the stans stanning their RPGs.
image.php

yeah it definitely is what it is and there's no apologies for that

it was fun to play tho

To be fair that era of Bioware writing was pretty much built on character stereotypes. KOTOR, Dragon Age, and Jade Empire all pretty heavily into that, I just only noticed it in Jade Empire because I don't identify as a medieval Frenchman or a space alien. Mass Effect did a bit better by having most of their characters just be regular people.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
every time i remember that they told us immortals were taking like three months for POLISH i remember how sven immortal was literally invisible when they released it and the NOISES i make

Russ T

Banned
To be fair that era of Bioware writing was pretty much built on character stereotypes. KOTOR, Dragon Age, and Jade Empire all pretty heavily into that, I just only noticed it in Jade Empire because I don't identify as a medieval Frenchman or a space alien. Mass Effect did a bit better by having most of their characters just be regular people.

Yeah, absolutely. The unfortunate thing is that Jade Empire leans on actual real stereotypes that affect people today, as opposed to, like you mentioned, medieval Frenchmen or space aliens.

Not to say their other output is perfect, but yeah.

At least they're consistently improving as they go along. That's all I can ask for, really.

Garrus was a dreamboat.
blush.gif

Also yes absolutely.
5PgeuoX.gif

bounchfx

the fuck is happening in this thread

but yo seriously wheres these new heroes. reddit, for the first time ever, made a good point. they're gonna have to be rebalanced anyway after they come out and are broken. so just do it valve. lebeouf would be proud.

but seriously there's no way they aren't releasing with the 'bigger' patch post-majors.

but yo seriously wheres these new heroes. reddit, for the first time ever, made a good point. they're gonna have to be rebalanced anyway after they come out and are broken. so just do it valve. lebeouf would be proud.

but seriously there's no way they aren't releasing with the 'bigger' patch post-majors.

6.86 even the frog said so

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

Dead game.

Nothing to talk about.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How to win offlane: Tusk + Spiritbreaker or Tusk + Slardar.

I bet Slarder + Spiritbreaker works too!

Kade

Captain's Mode or Crystal Maiden because a lot of people still play Crystal Maiden. She's really good right now thanks to Glimmer Cape and new meta. Glimmer Cape gave a lot of support players like myself the courage to go yolo.

Haly

Treme is better.

Treme is like a better version of The Wire.

Chris R

Gotta love games that start swell then snowball out of fucking control because your two hard carries feed slark 25 times.

edit: oh, they only fed slark 16 times combined, not 25, my bad. They did spread the feed around tho

Well, I got the compendium AM set from my support Spirit Breaker game (ended up with Treads/Urn/Silver Edge (vs PA)/Halberd/OOV). I think that was all I really wanted apart from the Lina set and I can pick that up for cheap later.

Mordeccai

You guys ever think how different your life would be if you never installed Dota 2.

Things that would have happened had I never played dota:

1. Would have graduated college EZ. (I dropped out of the secret ivy league of the South... in my 8th semester)

2. Would have made more money, 2.5k hours of dota and all I have to show for it is hats

3. Would have saved money on psychologist visits

4. Would have had sex more than five times in my life (Times I've had sex since I started dota 2 years ago: one. Prior to doto? Four. GG!)

5. Beautiful tanned skin and lighter hair because I was swimming, found dota and stopped going to swim team practices entirely.

All this shit and valve can't even give us new heros. KappaRoss.

You guys ever think how different your life would be if you never installed Dota 2.

Things that would have happened had I never played dota:

1. Would have graduated college EZ. (I dropped out of the secret ivy league of the South... in my 8th semester)

2. Would have made more money, 2.5k hours of dota and all I have to show for it is hats

3. Would have saved money on psychologist visits

4. Would have had sex more than five times in my life (Times I've had sex since I started dota 2 years ago: one. Prior to doto? Four. GG!)

5. Beautiful tanned skin and lighter hair because I was swimming, found dota and stopped going to swim team practices entirely.

All this shit and valve can't even give us new heros. KappaRoss.
My best friend would probably stop talking to me

My life has actually improved since I installed Dota 2 so I don't know what you're on about.

It seems strange that it did but I was in a really bad place!

Kade

You're in a fortunate position where you can blame your life's issues on a video game. If I didn't play Dota I'd still be a dumb ugly idiot.

Haly

Dota is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Mordeccai

My life has actually improved since I installed Dota 2 so I don't know what you're on about.

It seems strange that it did but I was in a really bad place!

You're in a fortunate position where you can blame your life's issues on a video game. If I didn't play Dota I'd still be a dumb ugly idiot.

It's not to say dota was the root cause of life problems. If it wasn't dota, it likely would have been something else distracting me. Depression likely would have manifested with or without dota as well.

It's just the sheer amount of time spent on it in comparison to any other game. And the fact that the game is ded.

Top Bottom