• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Lotto

this is one of like five threads i visit on a daily basis but the lack of any substantial updates has slowly got me
dac15_sad.gif

literally release a new promo art of something, new lore, any TIDBIT OF ANYTHING new, and i'll be satiated for like 3 months. this drought is worse than the one california is experiencing rn

Chris R

Why queue ranked when you have terrible internet and can't stay connected for more than 3 mins at a time, and when you are connected you are feeding because of "lag"

of course they are on my team too ;)

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I really need to learn to play someone more self-reliant in pubs like Nature's Prophet. So much sitting around with clear advantages. It's a bit exasperating trying to organize peeps together to do stuff.

Hylian7

Why queue ranked when you have terrible internet and can't stay connected for more than 3 mins at a time, and when you are connected you are feeding because of "lag"

Sometimes you don't realize how unstable your connection is til you queue for a match. Sucks, but it can happen. I remember it happened to me a few times when I used to live at my parents' house. Luckily I managed to get TWC to fix the internet before I moved out.

harSon

Banned
Damn, there are some thin skinned ass people on Dota lmao. Dude randoms last pick and expects me to concede mid, then claims "you won't get a last hit when we dual mid," citing that he's smurfing and his last hitting is too good. We dual mid and I get 99% of the last hits while he takes all the harass - which makes him rage. He proceeds to feed himself and couriers for 40 minutes, and yells over the mic - damn near hyperventilating - that he makes $70/hr and doesn't care about this game because he's going to fuck his instagram model girlfriend right when the game's over.

Kard8p3

Damn, there are some thin skinned ass people on Dota lmao. Dude randoms last pick and expects me to concede mid, then claims "you won't get a last hit when we dual mid," citing that he's smurfing and his last hitting is too good. We dual mid and I get 99% of the last hits while he takes all the harass - which makes him rage. He proceeds to feed himself and couriers for 40 minutes, and yells over the mic - damn near hyperventilating - that he makes $70/hr and doesn't care about this game because he's going to fuck his instagram model girlfriend right when the game's over.

my legs r so weak atm im pulling a Flash

Hylian7

Is this him?

DrPizza

Banned
tobi casting majors finals

WHY

Rewarding racism and ignorance, because OH MY GOD HE CAN SHOUT AND GET OVEREXCITED WHILE TELLING US WHAT'S GOING ON ON-SCREEN.

Fuck hypecasters.

Lumi and Draskyl were casting some Pro-Am games on GD Studio earlier, and it was great to listen to them, because neither was a hype caster, but both had sensible things to say about the fucking game.

If i encounter one of those i immediately buy a force staff and make it my personal mission to push and ping him around the map. Screaming raging adhd kids never get old.

FACE

Banned
You know, the real greatest genre of all time is actually stealth games. RPGS are good and all, but literally nothing compares to the highs of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and MGS3.

Unfortunately, those two games are basically it as far as excellent games in the genre go. But two god tier games are all you really need to shut up the stans stanning their RPGs.

Did Thief 2 stop existing while I was asleep?

shira

when does the major end?

aka when can we expect a patch...

The major ends sometime Sunday afternoon - maybe the frog will push it sameday - - -
t1448135700z1.png

It was 47 days from the end of TI5 to 6.85 yeah probably much shorter turnaround this time
happy.gif

Wok

just carried the dumbest huskar i have ever seen.

before anyone picks he asks everyone to support him saying he would carry us.
he last picks huskar. :)

goes 1vs5, dies, "fk no team gg noobs" x 18 times. :)

we still won

pick necrophos for ez mmr

Going 1 vs 5 as Huskar is always a bad idea, yeah. Especially when initiation with the ult.

Cannot stop playing despite the lag.

If anyone ever gets into LP, toss me an invite. I live for that shit.

I got into LP for the first time due to an emergency which urged me to go away from the keyboard. I shared control for my hero and for units and warned my team as soon as I could get back to the computer. Some idiot decided to feed with my hero or something, and I think this is what got me reported actually. I am never sharing control for my hero again.

LP game was pretty good. What is fun is that the game which got me in LP was Ranked and Normal bracket, while the LP game had to be unranked so it was Very High Skill Bracket and a lot more interesting.

kionedrik

The major ends sometime Sunday afternoon - maybe the frog will push it sameday - - -
t1448135700z1.png

It was 47 days from the end of TI5 to 6.85 yeah probably much shorter turnaround this time
happy.gif

I hope 6.86 is pushed in the week after the major ends. Patch notes monday/tuesday, patch thursday.

I may be setting myself for disappointment...

jew

Banned
i live vicariously through auteezy now that i no longer play dota. he is the man, the myth, the legend. before there was 2ez4rtz there was 2ez4auteezy.

shira

i live vicariously through auteezy now that i no longer play dota. he is the man, the myth, the legend. before there was 2ez4rtz there was 2ez4auteezy.

Word.

Next 24 hrs b gud
- nintendo direct
- Hearthstone expansion
- EG vs Fnatic, VG vs Unknown
t1447408800z4.png

I hope 6.86 is pushed in the week after the major ends. Patch notes monday/tuesday, patch thursday.

Prolly best to pop it out before Black Friday or you are going to lose a lot of players

nilbog21

Banned
I win the last 5 games and now I'm in low priority (?) where everyone disconnects and it's impossible to finish a game

I think it's time to give up on this game

I can live with a patch coming later if we get a similar trailer like with Wyvern or even a countdown or splash page at or immediately after the major.

Holden

i really wonder how ppl end up in LPQ

i have about 3100hours of dota and i have never been muted or in LP

Everybody i know say they are innocent.

pls explain

kionedrik

I've been in LPQ twice because I abandoned games in the beginning or during picks when it was clear I had no intention of spending 30 to 60 minutes with those people.

Arol

I've been in LPQ in a couple of times, I'm in right now actually.

But it's because my router sucks. It'll randomly shut down and since I have Time Warner it takes 20 minutes++ to get a signal back from them.

It happens so randomly, this being the first time in months, that I always forget to replace it.

I want the patch notes to be read by the winners of the major immediately after they win
then a big red button is reveled and they push it to push the patch to client!

tobi casting majors finals

WHY

oh god...i will be listening to tobi live...fuck

ti4 ti5 and now the first major? ffs valve

Wok

i really wonder how ppl end up in LPQ

i have about 3100hours of dota and i have never been muted or in LP

Everybody i know say they are innocent.

pls explain

I have the same number of hours and went there once for one game. Reports do not seem to matter, it is more the frequency of abandons, as quoted below. In my case, I abandoned 2 games for more important matters in the past 3 days, so I got one game in LPQ.

I've been in LPQ twice because I abandoned games in the beginning or during picks when it was clear I had no intention of spending 30 to 60 minutes with those people.

I've been in LPQ in a couple of times, I'm in right now actually.

But it's because my router sucks. It'll randomly shut down and since I have Time Warner it takes 20 minutes++ to get a signal back from them.

It happens so randomly, this being the first time in months, that I always forget to replace it.

52club

tobi + synderen is the best combo. f the haters

Tobi = Chris Berman

It seems some people like them, but both get on my nerves after about five minutes. It isn't that they are terrible...it is just that they aren't for me. Oh well, at least the game seems to be in a good spot.

Top Bottom