• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Why is Cloud in Smash Brother now. Where is Snake?

All this pandering to FFVII fans smfh

BibleThump.png
When's wonder red
BibleThump.png

JC Sera

Neogaf went down several times during the sony E3

also its not down purely due cloud
–linkle
–twighlight princess
– LoZ wiiu

when my sister first told me I thought she was trolling

Hylian7

Cloud on Smash has me legit shook

Smash continues to be da best.

Sad for no MHX or Pokemon Z tho.

Yeah, no Pokemon Z was a disappointment, but I think that might be saved for some Pokemon Company event.

It's weird they caved on the R/B/Y thing. Those games are poorly aged and buggy as all hell, and every subsequent generation after them is better. The games are barely worth playing, and people honestly need to take off the nostalgia goggles about them.

JC Sera

Yeah, no Pokemon Z was a disappointment, but I think that might be saved for some Pokemon Company event.

It's weird they caved on the R/B/Y thing. Those games are poorly aged and buggy as all hell, and every subsequent generation after them is better. The games are barely worth playing, and people honestly need to take off the nostalgia goggles about them.
The bugs are actually half of the appeal nowadays
and the original sprites
its interesting to see where the designs started and where they went

Chris R

RBY also doesn't have too much extra bullshit the newer games layered on again and again. No tag team battles, no berries, ect.

I'll be grabbing Blue for sure when it's out.

Hylian7

The bugs are actually half of the appeal nowadays
and the original sprites
its interesting to see where the designs started and where they went

When I say bugs, I'm not necessarily referring to stuff like Missingno, or making whatever Pokemon you want to appear (including Mew). On top of that, these things will let you trade online. I seriously doubt those bugs will even still be in.

The bugs I was talking about were stuff like Focus Energy actually LOWERING your critical hit ratio. There's a ton of bugs like that out there.

Even if they do fix all the bugs, these games are so outdated it's not even funny. I seriously doubt they will rework the "Special" stat into Sp. Atk and Sp. Def like the subsequent gens because that would take way too much work, and at that point you might as well just play FR/LG. Breeding doesn't exist, IVs don't go to 31, types are unbalanced as all hell. The list goes on and on. Fire Red and Leaf Green are the real way to play the originals, the originals are nothing more than just the buggy first foray into the series. Great at the time because it was all we had, but now we know better.

RBY still has the best mechanic in pokemon: Speed = crit rate

Another major balance issue the original games had. I can't remember if they actually changed that in Gen II or not though.

RBY also doesn't have too much extra bullshit the newer games layered on again and again. No tag team battles, no berries, ect.

I'll be grabbing Blue for sure when it's out.

What's wrong with all these things? If you don't care about them, you can ignore most if not all of them in the modern games. Granted ignoring them won't let you fare very well in competitive battling, but if you just want to play casually it's fine.

When I say bugs, I'm not necessarily referring to stuff like Missingno, or making whatever Pokemon you want to appear (including Mew). On top of that, these things will let you trade online. I seriously doubt those bugs will even still be in.

The bugs I was talking about were stuff like Focus Energy actually LOWERING your critical hit ratio. There's a ton of bugs like that out there.

Even if they do fix all the bugs, these games are so outdated it's not even funny. I seriously doubt they will rework the "Special" stat into Sp. Atk and Sp. Def like the subsequent gens because that would take way too much work, and at that point you might as well just play FR/LG. Breeding doesn't exist, IVs don't go to 31, types are unbalanced as all hell. The list goes on and on. Fire Red and Leaf Green are the real way to play the originals, the originals are nothing more than just the buggy first foray into the series. Great at the time because it was all we had, but now we know better.

They're not going to be fixing bugs lmao. It's running in an emulator and essentially "emulating" a link cable via wifi.

Hylian7

They're not going to be fixing bugs lmao. It's running in an emulator and essentially "emulating" a link cable via wifi.

There was a later version of the games put out back in the day that had save-corrupting stuff like Missigno fixed, wasn't there? I would assume it will be that version of the game.

If they really left that kind of stuff in, then this release is already stupid from the get-go and just Nintendo wanting to make a quick buck off of desperate nostalgia.

There was a later version of the games put out back in the day that had save-corrupting stuff like Missigno fixed, wasn't there? I would assume it will be that version of the game.

If they really left that kind of stuff in, then this release is already stupid from the get-go and just Nintendo wanting to make a quick buck off of desperate nostalgia.

afaik, no there is not. I have had multiple copies of the games over the years from multiple regions and they all work. You may be thinking of the difference between the original Red/Green and the later Blue, which are different versions of the games, but most of the large memory-related bugs are core to the way the game is programmed, so they're in.

The games certainly have merit beyond what you're implying. There is a very different balance of power in RBY than in RSE due to the lack of special split and speed mechanics. For example, Persian is very good in RBY due to having passable mixed attack sets with the ability to abuse the ridiculous crit rate offered by her speed. Slowbro is near broken due to Amnesia and a fantastic gen 1 typing.

Additionally, this isn't Nintendo's choice. It's TPC. Which everyone in the know already realizes cares more about money than any metric of quality or consumer good will. And of course it's a nostalgia cash in. That's the whole point of the VC lmfao

Demoli

Y'all nostalgia-ing way to hard for pokemon rby

Yes they were great games at the time and they may still be but every single other game in the series is better in any other imaginable, objective way.

It would be way better if they did that with FR LG rather than the originals

Hylian7

Y'all nostalgia-ing way to hard for pokemon rby

Yes they were great games at the time and they may still be but every single other game in the series is better in any other imaginable, objective way.

It would be way better if they did that with FR LG rather than the originals

highfive.gif

Exactly!

Sure, there are some very small aspects I like about the originals better. For instance I like the music of the originals over the FR/LG remixes, but for most of the rest of it, FR/LG are the better games.

Pretty much Gen 3 onward are the only games worth playing in the franchise right now. Granted there are improvements made over each generation, I think Gen 3 onward is still very playable to this day. There were improvements made as time went on, such as the Physical/Special attack types in Gen 4, infinite use TMs in Gen 5, and all the huge online features in Gen 6.

Hylian7

No Monster Hunter X or SMT4F announcement at the Direct.

F U Nintendo.

Are you really worried about SMT4F not getting localized? They've got plenty of time to talk about that, I'm sure they just want to have some of the localization done before they show the game on an English Direct.

Hylian7

I'm sure those are coming.

Where the fuck is Rhythm Heaven.

I feel you on that one. NoA has such a weird aversion to this franchise. They released the DS and Wii one, but neither sold that great and I'm worried about them localizing the 3DS one. I really hope they do it anyway.

TUSR

Banned
Don't they heavily imply incest with some S-Ranks? Thats def not gonna fly.

And the entire Fire Emblem-Amie is gonna be removed i bet.

yeah thats if you marry your little sister

which is not the right choice

the bonus content in FE: Fates is pretty bad too.

Hylian7

if they sensor the new fire emblem games

I'm gonna lose my mind
If they remove the incest and face betting, nothing of value would be lost.

I'm sure the games are good, but I really can't stand modern FE artwork. The FE:A redrawings for the DLC characters were the absolute worst.

That FE special edition is mine

If they remove the incest and face betting, nothing of value would be lost.

I'm sure the games are good, but I really can't stand modern FE artwork. The FE:A redrawings for the DLC characters were the absolute worst.

IIRC those were done by guest artists but I don't know for sure

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I just want a sfv bundle for ps4, then dota and I shall be no more

for a few weeks at least

Top Bottom