• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
this is a good read

https://medium.com/dota-2-notes/creep-aggro-12f7eb8ce982

i constantly do it too, sometimes you just lose the situational awareness in a chaotic lane

so you have to do it from >500 units away but not so far that you can't get an attack off within two seconds?

and if you're a melee hero?
sad.gif

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
so you have to do it from >500 units away but not so far that you can't get an attack off within two seconds?

sad.gif

if you're a melee support then you are probably playing earthshaker, omni, ogre or abaddon, none who typically excel at harassing an enemy but going for straight kills.
If the offlaner is gonna just sit in the creep wave and tank your hits then ping your carry in and burn through his regen. It'll fuck up the equilibrium but you can always reset that and the offlaner going back to base to heal is a pretty big deal.

Mordeccai

sad.gif

its really not too bad once you practice a few times. You have to first get a feel for how big the 500 radius is. What you essentially wind up doing, is moving the direction opposite of the hero you want to attack, just out of the radius. (Usually this is to the right/left of the creep wave, not from ahead or behind) Then right clicking enemy to initiate the attack, you'll move the other direction toward enemy hero and get a free hit off without drawing agro.

BUT.

You must make sure that your auto attack does not initiate a second attack when you move back into this radius, as it has likely been 2 seconds since you initiated the attack and have walked over. As soon as you see the first projectile leave your character, either hit S or move click somewhere else. You can pretty easily get off the first free auto attack with no agro, when me and my buddy were learning this it was stopping that second one from getting off that was screwing with us.

Or just cheat and find some1 with an orb like fish said.

sad.gif

You need to be 500 range from the creep wave when you initiate your attack, so if you're melee you can still go behind the creep wave if the enemy hero is >500 range away from it, which is great as something like Ogre that can trade like no other.

Also the 500 range thing is pretty important for mid too, which I learned in this guide: https://chaqdota.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/chaqs-ultimate-guide-to-advanced-solo-middle/

Mordeccai

You need to be 500 range from the creep wave when you initiate your attack, so if you're melee you can still go behind the creep wave if the enemy hero is >500 range away from it, which is great as something like Ogre that can trade like no other.

Also the 500 range thing is pretty important for mid too, which I learned in this guide: https://chaqdota.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/chaqs-ultimate-guide-to-advanced-solo-middle/

ya, if you want to harass as melee hero, you're gonna have to be zoning out the offlaner above the creep wave, 500 units away already. they wont be free hits, you'll be trading, but its the only way to avoid the creep agro as melee.

Auteezy

Banned
how do you even prevent this, i do it in literally every game lol

idk the exact mechanic but like if u right click the hero outside of 500 range of a creep then you have 2 seconds where u can right click the hero again and not draw aggro so you get like an attack in then u back out do it again or move on ur backswing to be too far from teh ranged creep to draw aggro if ur coming from the side after that

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so if your hero's attacks take less than 2 seconds

you can right click from outside aggro range, attack once, attack again, and then run away without drawing aggro?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
at what point does the aggro check register; is it as soon as your hero begins their attack animation or at the end of the backswing or is it based solely on clicking

as soon as

you can use this to draw aggro globally as well

example A : when playing axe just right click a hero in another lane, dont use taunt on creeps

example B; mid got a better block than you and is in fog of war up on the ramp. pan to another lane and right click enemy hero to draw aggro and creeps back into the river and off ramp.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
as soon as

you can use this to draw aggro globally as well

example A : when playing axe just right click a hero in another lane, dont use taunt on creeps

example B; mid got a better block than you and is in fog of war up on the ramp. pan to another lane and right click enemy hero to draw aggro and creeps back into the river and off ramp.

so if my hero is locked into a rightclick (whatever this is called idk) but i've clicked somewhere else i wont aggro creeps even if the total time of the attack is over 2 seconds?

M.D

Did they change the way they display ping in-game or something? before it used to be that the ping check thing showed 70-80 for EUW, but it was actually 100-130 in-game, and it showed 150-160 for USE but it was 200 in-game, but now it shows me 70-75 for EUW and 150 for USE in-game

Did my ping actually improve somehow or what

Did they change the way they display ping in-game or something? before it used to be that the ping check thing showed 70-80 for EUW, but it was actually 100-130 in-game, and it showed 150-160 for USE but it was 200 in-game, but now it shows me 70-75 for EUW and 150 for USE in-game

Did my ping actually improve somehow or what
"- All places in the UI where ping times are displayed now display the network round trip time. Previously, different places displayed different measures of latency. For more details on this change, see this post on our dev forum: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=184807"

Red UFO

4 carry team
40-15 lead
Game must be in the bag

Oh wait no carrys are getting over excited and pushing in 1 by 1 and constantly dying hahahhaahHHAHAHSJAHDIDF WE LOST

What a day to come back
Looks like vade figured out a way to go out with a bang

edit : lgd defining over committing in this game, so many fuck ups

There was an instance near the end of the final fight where the Tusk ice shards blocked the upstairs path between the tier 1 and 2 towers on the dire side that allowed him to cast death ward safely from high ground, it greatly highlights the double edged nature of the skill and how it can fuck your team up if cast int the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now shackleshot in the other hand can disable 2 heroes for nearly 4 seconds with nearly no effort at all, tell me how that makes sense at all...

Nah I live on the west coast, people I know in Paris are safe

Glad to hear.

Puppey da god.

Top Bottom