• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
anyone here use dotabuff plus

thinking of supporting it plus I want to start setting timed goals for items on core heroes. ie 15 min bf + treads on anti-mage.

Hylian7

I don't pay attention to the thread in a couple hours to come back to....I have no idea wtf is going on in here.

Anyway it's officially my birthday now.

Hylian7

Happy birthday. It's sweet that your parents had a romantic valentines day

I have heard that one so often.
laugh.gif

"Dark Side of the Moon, that's a Transformers movie, right?" - My friend that knows nothing about music

JC Sera

Happy birthday hylian!
here have some birthday wishes: may they nerf
facepalm.gif
shackleshot next patch
I have heard that one so often.
laugh.gif

"Dark Side of the Moon, that's a Transformers movie, right?" - My friend that knows nothing about music
I'm music illiterate but even I'm not that bad

Auteezy

Banned
yeah I fell all the way from 5546 to 4976 in 3 days on that account. I had 3 winnable games today alone and in each one there was a griefer and we almost won even with them. I think I'm done playing dota forever

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I played dota today with someone else today
it was a bad idea

We wiped them 5-0 at Roshan with CM/Earth Spirit + Veil but then they got scared and never team fought into us for the next 30 minutes while they probably had like 14-20k gold advantage so it was actually an awful experience and I shoulda just abandoned and do IRL stuff.

Also had to lane as Earth vs Support Viper, fuck that.

yeah I fell all the way from 5546 to 4976 in 3 days on that account. I had 3 winnable games today alone and in each one there was a griefer and we almost won even with them. I think I'm done playing dota forever

Could be worse, you could be in LPQ where people feed on purpose for whatever reason, I mean why even play the game in that case ? You're supposed to win these games to get out

pink floyd is boring

Auteezy

Banned
Could be worse, you could be in LPQ where people feed on purpose for whatever reason, I mean why even play the game in that case ? You're supposed to win these games to get out

pink floyd is boring

idk wahts worse than losing 600 mmr in 3 days. It wasn't even like i could do anything to play better to win those games, I dont mean to win every one but of the winnable ones I lost it was legit trolls or retards like swindlemelonzz farming jungle while 3 catapults killed our throne with 5 enemy heroes dead. I haven't had an account fall bellow 5k in ~9 months

Kard8p3

pink floyd is boring

wait did they change how LPQ works? I thought u just had to finish a game to get out.

Wok

No, they can't. There's a reason ES is so much more successful at a high skill level and it's not all because of his teammates.

not rly. a good ES completely controls the game, he can pull his allies out of danger, push the enemies into danger, initiate fights from the fog 2000 fkn units away, aoe silence an entire team, AND dish out insane amounts of aoe damage

back when es was first released in his original completely and utterly broken form (which he is reaching once again); 109 said you know that hero is broken when you can take away literally all of his damage and he'd still be useful--that's why it's so frustrating playing against the fat rock fuck--he completely cripples and micromanages ur entire team like houdini playin puppet master on some toddlers and then he just breaks your fucking back with his goddam stupid dmg after toying with your ass for a few seconds

disapprove.gif
disapprove.gif
disapprove.gif

Sure. I am not saying the hero is not great fun and great long-range crow control.

I am saying the reason he shines in VHS is because his teammates know how to benefit from his plays. In lower brackets, carry tend to throw, or afk jungle, and ES cannot win games (going late game) without someone else dishing lots of physical damage in fights.

If I look at my games, the discrepancy between TB and ES is solely explained by my ability to not throw (too often) when playing carry. Moreover, the most difficult part is the AOE silence, other spells and combos are easy to perform with the right keybindings.
Idm9UQ3.png

abunai

The beta was super boring and had questionable design choices, imo
enough to make me stop paying attention to the game, but maybe things have changed in the retail game. Plus it's EA, so they'll probably end up splitting the community by introducing paid-for map packs eventually (even though i have a vague memory of EA saying they wouldn't do so.., but i don't put much stock in that)

saying that, it was pretty chill to just run around and shoot things up with friends, so if you're gonna do that then sure

Yeah there's also the fact that I'll probably have to install some EA garbabe (is it origin ?)

I guess I'll wait a few months to see the state of the game by then, and then maybe I'll jump in

What went through PPD's and sumail's mind when they thought this hat/haircut were good-looking ? geez

Hope EG crash and burn, fuck arteezy and fuck them in general for booting aui

kionedrik

I leave the thread for the weekend and it turns into an anime cesspool...

Anyways... Fuck Mondays, Fuck EG let's go Vega and Happy Birthday Hylian.

Well it's still early in the morning and games haven't started yet but that's not a lof people that's for sure

Weird that players aren't facing

kionedrik

1- Stale meta
2- Wasn't ESL Frankfurt played on Friday-Sunday? Lower time span, higher entertainment value.
3- It's early in the competition
4- It's a weekday in the middle of November!! People work and have school etc...

shira

people expect a crowd on a monday morning?
KuGsj.gif

finals are saturday @ 2:30CET apparently
will be grand by then

But why would you rent out a 10,000 seat stadium for a week.
Why didn't they just play everything at the offices and have the grand final for the one-day.

Top Bottom