• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

kionedrik

If this was league. The crowd would be huge.

how many tournaments does league have on a yearly basis? honest question.

Maybe it can be tournament fatigue (wasn't the ESL before TI played in the same place?) or maybe it's just bad timing and organization because the target audience can't forfeit their obligations to pursue their hobbies.

How many viewers do the streams have?

abunai

idk i'm not valve/esl
maybe they got a cheaper deal for renting the whole week? maybe they just wanted to provide the option?

it'll be good doto anyway

Auteezy

Banned
How about we all come together and agree that the failings and shortcomings of this major can be pointed solely on the fact that it is being hosted in Europe. The only crowd raucous enough to rival this one was the MLG New Orleans MingLee

shira

how many tournaments does league have on a yearly basis? honest question.

Maybe it can be tournament fatigue (wasn't the ESL before TI played in the same place?) or maybe it's just bad timing and organization because the target audience can't forfeit their obligations to pursue their hobbies.

How many viewers do the streams have?

47k.

I think the problem is that there is no core audience for Dota in Frankfurt and they keep hosting shit here for whatever reason.

shira

. . . and the crowd goes wild
pup.gif

kionedrik

47k.

I think the problem is that there is no core audience for Dota in Frankfurt and they keep hosting shit here for whatever reason.

Political and logistics issues aside, if this Major was held in Russia some shortcomings, like the lack of public right now, wouldn't have been so noticeable.

Synderen called it, hex on Ember > EZ fight. Bought back straight into a stun and died to a crit that also cleaved some poor arctic animal on the side. Lategame Sven is no joke if you don't control him like crazy.

Auteezy

Banned
Crowd is sounding a bit more lively.

What would you say is "the build" for it?

Probably something based around blink as your first item, Midas+blink, blink+shivas. if you're going to go drums i wouldn't get the vlads right after, but if i were safelane doom getting vlads i'd probably follow it up with an sny. SnY is pretty underrated on doom but it's really only viable if you can farm it in the safelane. It gives you movespeed, tankyness, and can let you slow them.

Auteezy

Banned
tobi: "can vega take rosh with SF quick enough?" (with a wolf aura and vlads on the team)

tobi also didn't realize that a courier can just fly straight up over the treeline....

Honestly something like a major you would hope that casters would be super super prepared reading up on everything about players and stuff, but then you see fuckers like tobi...

tobi also didn't realize that a courier can just fly straight up over the treeline....

Honestly something like a major you would hope that casters would be super super prepared reading up on everything about players and stuff, but then you see fuckers like tobi...

thats the type of shit players learn from playing the game...vs bots...on easy

stop picking invoker GEEZ

he always loses games

yup. 38% winrate this patch.

Lina is fine
SF is kinda stupid but not OP, just boring as fuck to watch tbh
Tusk.. eh, I blame the teams letting him slip with dazzle. The combo is insane, even more when you add wyvern on top of it. But tusk himself is alright I'd say

Auteezy

Banned
Lina is fine
SF is kinda stupid but not OP, just boring as fuck to watch tbh
Tusk.. eh, I blame the teams letting him slip with dazzle. The combo is insane, even more when you add wyvern on top of it. But tusk himself is alright I'd say

shards is retarded, and too strong, and snowball provides his entire team a phase shift. Tusk has too much utility with his non-ultimate spells. Slardar is basically a magnus on 0 cd that takes half the skill. ww is a more defensive bane that can farm and doesn't need to channel his bkb piercing ult. Dota has too many heroes with similar kits, but one just outshines the other version of it so much that the other becomes basically obsolete. Yeah bane still has a place, EG showed that, in a CM game, but in an ap pub not really.

also why can't casters criticize players why is there some stupid ass stigma around that. Half the fun of watching sports on TV is for the casters who have an omnipotent view and hindsight to criticize players. In football with missed reads, bad playcalls, bad throws, bad runs. In basketball, shitty shots, bad passes. bad inbounds, stuff like that. But for some reason dota fans want players to be infallible and because they are a pro every decision they make is the best one when really it isn't. I mean fuck when I'm watching geno smith or mark sanchez I care more about what the commentators are going to raz them fore, and the anticipation of whether the plays going to be a fumble or int.

M.D

sf is such a fucking baller

3 huge nukes to that make him one of the fastest farmers in the game, huge physical damage as well solely relying on souls, armor reduction aura, amazing ult both in dmg and dmg reduction as well as a slow and not to mention decent stat gain being an agi hero and movement speed

he sounds op as fuck just from describing him

Auteezy

Banned
sf is such a fucking baller

3 huge nukes to that make him one of the fastest farmers in the game, huge physical damage as well solely relying on souls, armor reduction aura, amazing ult both in dmg and dmg reduction as well as a slow and not to mention decent stat gain being an agi hero and movement speed

he sounds op as fuck just from describing him

there was no reason for the buff to his early level razes

They can't do shit vs this AM unless they get perfect initiation just like right now but then what does this achieve ? They are still underfarmed and can't commit to high ground

AM just has to get heart and he'll never die, shackle hook and cogs aren't enough
edit : this fucking windranger who fails a kill because he can't be arsed to cast shackle... please

Top Bottom