• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Satch

Banned
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
TEMPLAR ASSASSIN
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif

misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Writing in that game is fanastic, best in the genre by far. Too bad the monster encounters bring it down.

i liked the one that
teleports at you when you look at it for too long

but yeah, in general i think the monster accounts were the weakest part of the game. they were scary but kind of boring.

i liked the one that
teleports at you when you look at it for too long

but yeah, in general i think the monster accounts were the weakest part of the game. they were scary but kind of boring.

I liked
terry from theta seeing how he reacts to sound mostly and there are multiple paths you can take through out the area

But yea most of them weren't very good

Hylian7

I dont like that hes getting picked so much

Hes been my go-to pub stomper for like 5 patch cycles now (90 games/75% WR), and I dont want to see him nerfed

Remodel him and give him better skill names instead pls Volvo

Slithereen Crush is a fine name. The others need serious work though.

Sprint
Bash
Amplify Damage

The most generic names possible. They sound more like what people call other heroes' skills for short (Greater Bash = Bash, Surge = Haste, etc.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, this Bunker Hill Fallout Mission is sort of dumb. Feels really important, but I'm allied with every faction so I'm just walking though it despite it being an all out bloodbath between the NPCs.

Auteezy

Banned
I dont like that hes getting picked so much

Hes been my go-to pub stomper for like 5 patch cycles now (90 games/75% WR), and I dont want to see him nerfed

Remodel him and give him better skill names instead pls Volvo

ofc 75% winrate spamming an OP hero before people knew he was OP. Shameful man, apologize!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm pretty sure he was only strong before this patch, its the sprint change that makes him OP. I hope they keep the phase effect with it, I love it.

Hylian7

Ok, this Bunker Hill Fallout Mission is sort of dumb. Feels really important, but I'm allied with every faction so I'm just walking though it despite it being an all out bloodbath between the NPCs.

Haven't done that one yet. There was one in the main quest I almost broke though because I assumed a guy camped out in a cave with turrets and a robot was going to be hostile to me, when people nearby were saying he would be.

Slithereen Crush is a fine name. The others need serious work though.

Sprint
Bash
Amplify Damage

The most generic names possible. They sound more like what people call other heroes' skills for short (Greater Bash = Bash, Surge = Haste, etc.)

Can a fishman even sprint to begin with? Does one need legs to sprint? Somebody needs to ask Icefrog the hard questions.

Quality writing, cut bethesda some slack, the modders haven't had time to fix this piece of shit yet

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Bash and Sprint are fine, but Amplify Damage needs a creative rework. Hell, its supposed to be that its him affecting the target with the light of his little bob or whatever, just fucking reconcept it as "Gaze of the Deep" or something

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So I've been so checked out of the meta for the last six months or so, just tuning in for Frankfurt. What the fuck happened to make Tusk second pick/ban material?

Hylian7

So I've been so checked out of the meta for the last six months or so, just tuning in for Frankfurt. What the fuck happened to make Tusk second pick/ban material?

Ice Shards stop wherever you want them to, not when they hit someone.
Snowball isn't just a "Let's yolo and get clumped up together" spell, it's an invulnerability spell, as well as effectively a stunning Blink Dagger early game.
Sigil is great for vision and the slow. Putting that thing in the Rosh pit can scare teams away from Roshing or be the key to win a teamfight if the other team decides to stick around.
Punch damage isn't terrible, even without damage items. Stopping TPs is the real attraction of it in this meta, but I would argue that it's the least impressive of his skills right now.

You can kill anybody with level 2
You can kill even more anybody with level 6

Make shards duration scale with levels maybe

edit : punch isn't strong because it stops TPs. It's strong because it's instant and goes through bkb

Hylian7

Fixing the bug with pathing and Ice Shards would be a great start. That shit is so frustrating.

You can kill anybody with level 2
You can kill even more anybody with level 6

Make shards duration scale with levels maybe

edit : punch isn't strong because it stops TPs. It's strong because it's instant and goes through bkb

And stops TPs no matter what.

Top Bottom