• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

I played Trails in the Sky back when it was released on PSP and last year on Steam and even though I liked it, I didn't finish it either time. The pacing is horrible and it can get really boring at times. I have a hard time playing a game with this much downtime compared to a modern MegaTen for example. Obviously, its original release date was back in 2004 but then again, Nocturne is a 2003 game and lots of other good JRPGs came before that without suffering from pacing this slow.

so is Tusk the super OP hero in this game?
lCIvWJ2.png

Doom is probably taking the Morde/GP role although instead of being a carry he just completely shuts down a hero in every fight no matter what. 41% WR hides how ludicrously good he actually is.

Him, Tusk, Shadow Fiend and Slardar are the big threats of the major in my opinion.

Low Tier
?

antimage is very meta right now imo, he hasnt dropped off in the slightest. SF is strong b/c his only lane counters were nerfed (in the sense that they were just egregiously broken in terms of their killing power (storm, lina, lesh), especially when paired with an earthshaker that plagued pubs and comp for so long. (no skill lesh+es combos made mid unplayable)

Due to that reason alone, SF is allowed to do what he does best and become a farm and damage output machine, and very little can be done to stop him b/c of a lack of these killing power mids. SF's razes also have a bit too much reach and coverage honestly, but a simple visual update would fix that imo, but atm razes are far too deceptive in terms of their hitbox.

IMO int gain nerf, -10 ms, and the hero will be balanced.

kionedrik

That's not enough to balance him. He is too powerful without items and can scale in to a monster with them. Honestly the souls damage gain should be rescaled to x1.5 instead of x2.
Also, his ulti is just too good all around. Damage + Slow + Damage Reduction. Either remove one of those completely or scale them back.

The real question is if Valve has the courage to heavily nerf an arcana hero.

Two days ago I had a Slardar on my team who went 0-10-0 with 441 hero damage in 45 minutes. He didn't even troll or anything - he actually looked like trying but he was easily the worst player I have ever seen. Blink stunning into two people would have literally yielded more hero damage than what he had at the end of the game. No idea what the fuck he was doing.

So yeah, beat that. In the same game, our Invoker also went 0-4 mid against Pudge rofl. Granted, Pudge was 4.4k (so probably my equivalent on the other team) or something and I'm not sure about the Invo but urgh..

Red UFO

Last night I had an axe creep-cut behind T1 from the 0 minute mark against a venomancer, leshrac, morphling tri-lane.

He died a lot.

Low Tier
u really underestimate how big a difference 10 ms makes on a hero that has no natural movement abilities huh. Not only will it reduce his efficiency in terms of camp clearing, but also will make him very susceptible to ganks and weak in chasing down heroes to raze down.

kionedrik

u really underestimate how big a difference 10 ms makes on a hero that has no natural movement abilities huh. Not only will it reduce his efficiency in terms of camp clearing, but also will make him very susceptible to ganks and weak in chasing down heroes to raze down.

It will hurt his laning phase, true, but that's it.

The hero is prone to build a yasha at some point, either sny or manta, usually buys shadow blade and/or blink, and not long ago euls, and BoT are a pretty common 3rd item, so the ms nerf will easily be overcome.

Meanwhile he will still clear creep waves with 2 razes, clear 4 or 5 stacks with 2 or 3 razes and be the top networth hero at 20 minutes even after going 0-5 in the laning phase. It's the same story as 6.84 storm. The hero needs serious nerfs not band aids.

Auteezy

Banned
Two days ago I had a Slardar on my team who went 0-10-0 with 441 hero damage in 45 minutes. He didn't even troll or anything - he actually looked like trying but he was easily the worst player I have ever seen. Blink stunning into two people would have literally yielded more hero damage than what he had at the end of the game. No idea what the fuck he was doing.

So yeah, beat that. In the same game, our Invoker also went 0-4 mid against Pudge rofl. Granted, Pudge was 4.4k (so probably my equivalent on the other team) or something and I'm not sure about the Invo but urgh..

ask 1.09 about my kunkka

Deltoid

Banned
sf is basically just a ranged alch

just make it so it's a little easier to shut him down. he doesn't need anything huge. wr isn't op either. u guys are crazy.

although razes shouldn't have infinite aoe i agree with that

I prefer buffing other heroes over nerfing the existing ones. My perception might be selective, but most of the last patches have been more nerfs than buffs which I found very disappointing. I don't enjoy seeing stupid heroes get nerfed as much as I love seeing UP heroes I enjoy to play get buffed in some interesting way. That basically hasn't happened in something like a year I think.

pompidu

I prefer buffing other heroes over nerfing the existing ones. My perception might be selective, but most of the last patches have been more nerfs than buffs which I found very disappointing. I don't enjoy seeing stupid heroes get nerfed as much as I love seeing UP heroes I enjoy to play get buffed in some interesting way. That basically hasn't happened in something like a year I think.

Almost all hereos have been givin buffs save very few such as lesh/techies/gyro, who were nerfed. This game has been power creepin for a long ass time now.

Been a while since we last talked about treads switching

Would dota be as good a game without treads switching ? At what MMR should you master treads switching ? 500+ ?

Don't think people below 4k tread switch. Perhaps on Anti Mage because it's common knowledge but other than that, I really doubt people are mechanically quick enough to make it worth it at lower levels.

I tread switch fairly consciously and effectively. My play style is all about efficiency though.

Vade

Been a while since we last talked about treads switching

Would dota be as good a game without treads switching ? At what MMR should you master treads switching ? 500+ ?

If you are not tread swapping you are fundamentally playing the game wrong, hurting your teammates, and should uninstall.

-The Gospel of HylianSleven 3:22

Russ T

Banned
i regret every moment of my life leading up to the point where i read this thread

and also that moment

and also every moment after

Red UFO

Don't think people below 4k tread switch. Perhaps on Anti Mage because it's common knowledge but other than that, I really doubt people are mechanically quick enough to make it worth it at lower levels.

I tread switch fairly consciously and effectively. My play style is all about efficiency though.

I imagine it's common shadow fiend too

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

like efficiently taking all of the farm on the map so that your stack friends don't have any

like efficiently taking all of the farm on the map so that your stack friends don't have any

They don't farm very well so I might as well take all of it. Problem usually is that our stack is bad against heroes who can take one hero out (which is usually mine) like Necro, Bane, Enigma (solo Black Hole for me oftentimes suffices to just crap on my team), Wyvern etc. Overall, it doesn't matter that much because I have 52-55% winrates on all my accounts. I just have a good understanding of how to play pubs and win more often than I lose. Oftentimes, it ends up with me ignoring what my team does or using them as cannon fodder but so be it. They got an almost 58% winrate (in the past 6 months, about 55% before that) with me so we're still friends.

I imagine it's common shadow fiend too

Yeah, I thought of SF as well. Personally, I think it's crucial on Sven too because his mana pool is hot garbage.

Top Bottom