• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

I would also use the arguments:
- IRL sports require teamwork and timing required to pull off complex movements
- high level of communication required - especially highly specific jargon, acronyms, clear concise way of talking
- out of game drama: social media shit, Korok, Ritsu etc
- reality TV aspect: Xiao8 reality wedding, Twitch streamers making good monthly salary
- sponsor/gambling scandals: Arrow Gaming, Speed Gaming, G2A vs League
- high use of statistics to analyze games
- skill is more mental based but still requires: creativity, thinking outside the box, situational analysis, and reaction time
- esports has groupies

I don't think that life and training is similar:
- it's cool that you could play with top players, which would be akin to playing LeBron James in a pickup basketball game - so it's a much different comparison in terms of training your body and training your mind
- but I do believe that repetitive motion injuries and back issues are becoming more prevalent
- as of yet there isn't really an injury prevention scene, like there are no team doctors or team pysch/massesuse

This is a good list, some of which I was going to include and some of which I didn't have any idea about because I'm not tuned into the scene (like all the extracurricular drama).

Well I got the title "You can't spell E-Sports with Sports," so It's basically an A already.

no she doesnt

you would know
DansGame.png

Madouu

Posting from Morocco, flight was a bit rough and I had a few issues with luggage but it's all good now. I'm alive and well, won't be around for a bit though until I set up internet and stuff like that.

See you soon!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Posting from Morocco, flight was a bit rough and I had a few issues with luggage but it's all good now. I'm alive and well, won't be around for a bit though until I set up internet and stuff like that.

See you soon!

glad to hear it! :)

TUSR

Banned
we've been on the run

driving in the sun

looking out for number 1

california

here we come

right back where we started from

Auteezy

Banned
The only Feminazi propaganda I subscribe to is Ripley jettisoning aliens into space.

I used to be forced to watch pretty little liars and that show made me angry, very very angry.

shira

there was only one post about dota on this page
KuGsj.gif

- pompidu complaining about hats
(and cyborgmatt may or maynot have been alluding to Frankfurt major)

JC Sera

I know you are being descriptively hyperbole auteezy but could you please not call anything aimed at women or has women protagonists feminazi propaganda

Top Bottom