• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

KingKong

NGJwv1t.jpg

tumblr_ng8bjm2xgj1qeofqmo1_500.jpg

I feel like lina's design is boring. It's just brash hot girl, it's not even lowkey creepy like CM or over the top like QoP or semi-silly like Windrunner. Leave the lazy female character designs to animes and league. Atleast the arcana makes her sort of interesting.

Her model isn't even that great so the SFM "art" I've seen of her is sort of boring too. Truly a bottom-tier waifu.

TUSR

Banned
I feel like lina's design is boring. It's just brash hot girl, it's not even lowkey creepy like CM or over the top like QoP or semi-silly like Windrunner. Leave the lazy female character designs to animes and league. Atleast the arcana makes her sort of interesting.

Her model isn't even that great so the SFM "art" I've seen of her is sort of boring too. Truly a bottom-tier waifu.
do you know who Lina is?

Hey guys, so my friends and I will be watching the finals on saturday, but the games will start at 5AM our time, we'd like to start watching in early PM.

Will a rebroadcast be available at that time? And where can I find it?

M.D

guaranteed 4th place after dropping to the lower bracket, what a fucking achievement for a team that has been together for only 2 months

so much talent and great leadership, they will go far

as much as I'm not a fan of moon you gotta admit they're a really fun team to watch

the CDEC of the west tbh

also happy n0tail ended up in a place where he can continue to play among the best

shira

Maybe the n0lan meme will die this weekend

Miracle is legit, the rest of them are a bunch of choking wannabes. To beat Vici/Ehome, EG, and Secret would be quite difficult. Right now they are 10-5 and they would have to go 7-4 or better against significantly better teams to win out. It's possible but they would have to show like 3 more final forms and eat a bag of senzu beans

Jessica Jones releases tomorrow boys

Supergirl to dumb, JJ too dark. Is it really that hard to make a grill superhero show?

I'm doing a speech in Public Speaking about why e-sports should be considered sports, and was wondering if you guys had any thoughts or useful links you thought are worth including.

Basically, I broke it down into 3 points;

1) what is a sport, why e-sports fit that definition, and how there are signs that it is one already (scholarships, varsity teams, managers). Probably throw in some of the other things on ESPN and how all sports sound dumb when reduced to their basic form "its just a video game" vs "you just kick a ball into a net"

2) The life and training of the athletes, and the skill gap between them and average gamers.

3) The current money, spectacle, and popularity in the bigger tournaments like The International.

DrPizza

Banned

While Windrunner is clearly the best waifu, Lina is a solid second place, tied with her sister.

shira

I'm doing a speech in Public Speaking about why e-sports should be considered sports, and was wondering if you guys had any thoughts or useful links you thought are worth including.

1) what is a sport, why e-sports fit that definition, and how there are signs that it is one already (scholarships, varsity teams, managers). Probably throw in some of the other things on ESPN and how all sports sound dumb when reduced to their basic form "its just a video game" vs "you just kick a ball into a net"

2) The life and training of the athletes, and the skill gap between them and average gamers.

3) The current money, spectacle, and popularity in the bigger tournaments like The International.

I would also use the arguments:
- IRL sports require teamwork and timing required to pull off complex movements
- high level of communication required - especially highly specific jargon, acronyms, clear concise way of talking
- out of game drama: social media shit, Korok, Ritsu etc
- reality TV aspect: Xiao8 reality wedding, Twitch streamers making good monthly salary
- sponsor/gambling scandals: Arrow Gaming, Speed Gaming, G2A vs League
- high use of statistics to analyze games
- skill is more mental based but still requires: creativity, thinking outside the box, situational analysis, and reaction time
- esports has groupies

I don't think that life and training is similar:
- it's cool that you could play with top players, which would be akin to playing LeBron James in a pickup basketball game - so it's a much different comparison in terms of training your body and training your mind
- but I do believe that repetitive motion injuries and back issues are becoming more prevalent
- as of yet there isn't really an injury prevention scene, like there are no team doctors or team pysch/massesuse

Don't forget treads switching

Top Bottom