• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
played with an ember who thot he was going to be EE in game 1 lashing the whole of EG in one hit but he was actually sumail in game 3 flopping and having zero impacT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

shira

play Egyptian Samus for me

since i cant
misc-frog.gif

Pharrah is good, but I like the Snipers better.

My review on Overwatch is that is fun, but it's a lot of hard work to win. I'm not use to so many APM. I just wanna chill and take breaks, but death is literally around every corner.

Not sure if it's funner m/kb or gamepad.

Hylian7

Was it really? I started playing League out of spite due to a bunch of friends telling me (very often) to buy HoN and last I checked they had all quit due to S2 doing a lot of stupid shit.

I always found it to be a visual clusterfuck. Could not discern what was going on in teamfights. What mainly bugged me was all the dark colors on dark colors made everything really confusing, at least to me. A couple of years ago (before their most recent art style change to what was basically Dota 2 art style), I tried HoN for funzies since I actually knew how to play Dota now (when I did play HoN, it was in the short time when it first went F2P before Dota 2 beta hit), I still could not figure things out very well. Yeah, I knew the Dota-based heroes' skills, but beyond that I couldn't figure out what was going on. What I could figure out though was my teammates that were yelling at me were doing stuff that is considered just as dumb as what they saw me do.

Glad I never spent a dime on that game, I got into the Dota 2 beta fairly early on and never looked back.

Chris R

Just done watching all three games of EG/Secret.

Wow, what a great set of games.

Can't wait to catch the finals this time tomorrow ;_;

I will try to stay up for EG/OG and the grand finals. This tourney is not very kind for Australian timezones.

Also I'm watching Max play MvC2 and this game's fucking nuts.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
eg got cocky with their picks tbh

[edit] i was interested in overwatch until i learned that it was just another piece of propaganda created by the heterocracy. no sale tbh.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Awww yiss that is the result I was looking for! I knew OG could do it!

Although I did predict 2:0

I have been so hyped for OG v Secret. Shame I will be watching the final on a train on my phone -.-

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
anyway now that's out the way

can we talk about how dumb the final game system is here

i'm sure this has been discussed to death already but it's a tad absurd that every team except for the winner of winners bracket has a second chance

kionedrik

anyway now that's out the way

can we talk about how dumb the final game system is here

i'm sure this has been discussed to death already but it's a tad absurd that every team except for the winner of winners bracket has a second chance

hasn't it always been like that?

you could argue that the UB winner should get some kind of reward, like they did in the past starting the grand final with a 1-0 lead, but people were very vocal against it. hence why we have the current system

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
hasn't it always been like that?

you could argue that the UB winner should get some kind of reward, like they did in the past starting the grand final with a 1-0 lead, but people were very vocal against it. hence why we have the current system

well as i say, pretty much every other double elimination tournament i know of is set up so that the winner of the LB has to win more games in the final than the winner of the UB to win the whole thing

gai_shain

well as i say, pretty much every other double elimination tournament i know of is set up so that the winner of the LB has to win more games in the final to win the whole thing than the winner of the UB

well just look at how many games og had to play to get there compared to secret, thats an advantage for secret already

kionedrik

well as i say, pretty much every other double elimination tournament i know of is set up so that the winner of the LB has to win more games in the final to win the whole thing than the winner of the UB

I never liked the 1-0 advantage for the UB winner but I agree they should get something that rewards them for being the biggest winner until that point.

Maybe 1st pick and side pick on the first match? Extra reserve time? One extra ban? Something other than a flat 1-0 advantage would be fine for me.

Quesa

We've talked about this tons. WB finalist gets the advantage of having to play fewer matches and has a lower chance to reveal strategies, more time to see others play, more rest time. It's not ideal but with how long dota games go they can't really do a true double-elim without making a single match an enormous, draining time commitment for both teams.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
well just look at how many games og had to play to get there compared to secret, thats an advantage for secret already

yes but the point is that every team in the UB except for secret will have had a second chance if OG win (i.e. have lost a game and gone to the lower bracket without being eliminated). that's why the LB usually has to win two series in the final in order to actually win, so that the winner of the UB has the same opportunity.

Yeah, the length of time for Dota matches is really the main reason why you can't have a proper double elim for the last series of games.

Just woke up and was able to catch Arteezy being picked off by Miracle- twice. Good stuff!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Who fucking cares, an actual double elimination system would not be good in Dota 2. It's fine.

This discussion has beyond been done to death.

Top Bottom