• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

yeah but it's a best of five for both teams

isn't every other tournament set up so that the winner of the losers bracket has to win more times in the final than the winner of the winners bracket?

the team that didn't drop a game also gets one more series to study the upcoming opponent (here OG), including drafting, strats, warding, etc
Huge tacticool advantage

Oh and they also have to play less games, win less games, etc.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Who fucking cares, an actual double elimination system would not be good in Dota 2. It's fine.

This discussion has beyond been done to death.

so you're fine with having a broken double elimination system that's patently unfair to the UB winners? seems kind of odd when there's literally millions of dollars on the line.

the team that didn't drop a game also gets one more series to study the upcoming opponent (here OG), including drafting, strats, warding, etc
Huge tacticool advantage

Oh and they also have to play less games, win less games, etc.

those things are true of absolutely every double elimination tournament.

Deltoid

Banned
so you're fine with having a broken double elimination system that's patently unfair to the UB winners? seems kind of odd when there's literally millions of dollars on the line.

yeah it's definitely unfair but it's so hype killing to give the UB team a one game lead or whatever

Quesa

Not to the same extent. Evo WB finalists don't have entire days to see other people play and think about how to defeat them based on what they saw. They have at most an hour, but usually minutes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's come to my attention that there is a daddy in overwatch

hanzo_presskit.jpg
let me prihorder

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
March seems pretty late for the Winter major. When do you have the Spring major? Seems like it'll be pretty crowded unless TI6 is later in the year, which is certainly possible.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The advantage differs a lot depending on the type of game played
For FPS or fighting games those don't matter half as much.
I don't know what the breakdowns are like; you'd have to compare the average winrates of UB and LB winners in the finals from Dota against other games to see if it's giving the UB winners an edge

march should be finals, you'd have the group stage before that, but yeah it's a bit late
spring will be super close to TI, probably around the end of may

Twookie

i actually cannot wait for the new patch, so tired of seeing the same heroes every match

lets hope it comes out next week :)

i know it wont but pls let me be wrong

Quesa

Secret has to ban the dazzle. The reason OG is playing so aggressive is because they're confident their heroes won't die

Top Bottom