• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

G.ZZZ

YUROP

Dead-European-Robin-For-Sale.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
OG has played 26 games compared to Secret's 17.

Having to win 7 extra games and Secret got an extra day off.

yeah fair enough, having an extra day off probably more than makes up for the fact that secret are the only team in the UB that were eliminated after their first and only loss
laugh.gif

wp OG, very well deserved

Lotto

So happy for Fly and n0tail. I think this is their first major win in terms of prize money and just overall prestige. Been rooting for them since their days in Fnatic, they look so happy
happytears.gif

Boring finals, last picking Alchemist was the last nail in the secret coffin.

Anyways, well deserved win to OG, and I'm happy to see the top 2 teams leading the train right now are two recently built rosters, keeps the competitive scene fresh.

Quesa

TI1 - WB winner
TI2 - LB winner
TI3 - WB winner
TI4 - WB winner
DAC - LB winner
TI5 - LB winner
FFM - LB winner

SFIV
EVO 2009 - WB winner
EVO 2010 - WB winner
EVO 2011 - WB winner
EVO 2012 - WB winner
EVO 2013 - WB winner
EVO 2014 - LB winner
EVO 2015 - WB winner

Not the most fair comparison, but this format seems to give LB a chance, rather than a huge advantage. LB is only ahead so far because it's an uneven number. There's lots of other things to consider (like the one-game lead the format used to give), but I think it's interesting to think about.

Gotta say, that was just a damn good tournament.

Great matches, very few technical issues, everything on time and it even had a freaking underdog victory.

How much more can you ask for?

TI1 - WB winner
TI2 - LB winner
TI3 - WB winner
TI4 - WB winner
DAC - LB winner
TI5 - LB winner
FFM - LB winner

SFIV
EVO 2009 - WB winner
EVO 2010 - WB winner
EVO 2011 - WB winner
EVO 2012 - WB winner
EVO 2013 - WB winner
EVO 2014 - LB winner
EVO 2015 - WB winner

Not the most fair comparison, but this format seems to give LB a chance, rather than a huge advantage. LB is only ahead so far because it's an uneven number. There's lots of other things to consider (like the one-game lead the format used to give), but I think it's interesting to think about.

I think the winner's bracket giving an advantage over loser's bracket is the point of the system, though. Bracket resets at GFs happens frequently in FGC tournaments and they're always hype. Logistically you can't make teams play 2 BO5s for grand finals in DOTA, but in a vacuum there's no way the current system is fair. However, there's the problem of having the most "fair" finals vs having the most enjoyable finals to watch, and I think there's merit to saying that having the teams just play a straight BO5 without extraneous rules makes for the best viewing experience.

But since the seeding was done via groups and half the teams started in the loser's bracket, comparisons with a "true" double elim bracket aren't valid either.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think the winner's bracket giving an advantage over loser's bracket is the point of the system, though. Bracket resets at GFs happens frequently in FGC tournaments and they're always hype. Logistically you can't make teams play 2 BO5s for grand finals in DOTA, but in a vacuum there's no way the current system is fair. However, there's the problem of having the most "fair" finals vs having the most enjoyable finals to watch, and I think there's merit to saying that having the teams just play a straight BO5 without extraneous rules makes for the best viewing experience.

But since the seeding was done via groups and half the teams started in the loser's bracket, comparisons with a "true" double elim bracket aren't valid either.

just play two BO3s?
blush.gif

Top Bottom